Hot deals for folders

I thought I got good deal on this board, but it turned out suck :D ...
The seller sent my the board with BENT pins on 1 of cpu socket (#2). Contacted him and sent back for testing & fixing. He then offered "either send board back to me, or refund but will charge 15% restock" ...

I chose to get the board - since he said it was fixed and worked. He said he would drop it off in front of my house ( since it is pretty close to his place) .. 2 days later, no sight of the board, I emailed and asked him. The seller said "TESTED WRONG BOARD and will refund in full" ... I'm like " WTF ".

This seller will be on my BLOCK list and will get NEGATIVE feedback once I got my money back.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ask him if he'd cover the cost of return shipping?
(pick 4 best units beforehand, tho;)

I bought 4x of the above but the guy sent me 5x instead, I dont know what to do with the 5th one :D

Same thing happened to me, same item. I contacted the seller and he said he intentionally put an extra one and that I should keep it.
It seems he's been going this for everyone, and here I've been thinking I was special :( :p

It seems he's been going this for everyone
That means __________. Pick all that apply:
1) he has a large quantity of the processors and thinks it might be difficult to sell all all of them
2) he wants a positive buzz associated with his reputation
3) he has doubts that all his processors are good and doesn't want to risk his eBay record
4) all of the above

That means __________. Pick all that apply:
1) he has a large quantity of the processors and thinks it might be difficult to sell all all of them
2) he wants a positive buzz associated with his reputation
3) he has doubts that all his processors are good and doesn't want to risk his eBay record
4) all of the above

Maybe he thinks if you have an extra one, you'll be more likely to buy three more to build another one.

I thought I got good deal on this board, but it turned out suck :D ...
The seller sent my the board with BENT pins on 1 of cpu socket (#2). Contacted him and sent back for testing & fixing. He then offered "either send board back to me, or refund but will charge 15% restock" ...

I chose to get the board - since he said it was fixed and worked. He said he would drop it off in front of my house ( since it is pretty close to his place) .. 2 days later, no sight of the board, I emailed and asked him. The seller said "TESTED WRONG BOARD and will refund in full" ... I'm like " WTF ".

This seller will be on my BLOCK list and will get NEGATIVE feedback once I got my money back.

I was watch this auction and could believe beat me to the relisting.. I'm sorry to hear it didn't go well. Make me think twice about buying $500 used motherboards / parts..

Do there happen to be 4 people that got extras of those 12 core AMDs? If so, I'm looking to get a 4P going (possibly), so I'd like to buy those :D

I could use some extras to populate my 4p, all i need is 2 more cpu got everything else.

I need money for a 4P mobo, ;) hiep me?

We do background checks here...scotty is going to be getting chips...

Now as far as your check go... please come this way sir...

(opens door to interrogation room)

Don't go in there tear! You won't sit right for a few days if they do what the Army does lol

If anyone buys that, I have 4x copper 1u HSF that would work great in that. I will sell 'em cheap.

Might not be the case for this one, but both of the SM barebones rigs I bought included four copper HS and a CD/DVD drive.
I'll also have to say the two I bought were 2U barebones rigs and both were just under $900each. :)

The ebay seller with the 6180se's sells direct as well and has 93 of them in stock. I have purchased direct multiple times without issue.

Last edited:
I saw on ebay, they have 6180 for $435 - $455 each (seller: sale2day)

--- $435 /each --- 2 availalble.

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-OPTERON-12-CORE-6180-SE-2-50GHZ-CPU-OS6180YETCEGO-/200793899258?pt=CPUs&hash=item2ec03fc0fa

-- $455/each -- more than 10 available

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-OPTERON-12-CORE-6180-SE-2-50GHZ-CPU-OS6180YETCEGO-/200793970927?pt=CPUs&hash=item2ec040d8ef

I saw on ebay, they have 6180 for $435 - $455 each (seller: sale2day)
--- $435 /each --- 2 availalble.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-OPTERON...EGO-/200793899258?pt=CPUs&hash=item2ec03fc0fa
-- $455/each -- more than 10 available
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-OPTERON...EGO-/200793970927?pt=CPUs&hash=item2ec040d8ef

Thanks for posting the price drop. I picked up 4 of these today, but bought directly from them at ITCreations.com instead of through ebay. They include a 3 year warranty (instead of 30 days) if you buy directly from them.
They have 83 left. Get them while you can and before someone else scoops them all up. :eek:

Thanks for posting the price drop. I picked up 4 of these today, but bought directly from them at ITCreations.com instead of through ebay. They include a 3 year warranty (instead of 30 days) if you buy directly from them.
They have 83 left. Get them while you can and before someone else scoops them all up. :eek:

I'm hoping that after I buy my 2 for my 2P that they'll have enough left over at the same price in a few weeks to a month (or two) for when I decide to start a 4P. So nobody buy them all just yet! :D:p

Opteron 6180 ... $400 OBO .. 2 available

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Opteron-6180-SE-2-5-GHz-Twelve-Core-OS6180YETCEGO-Processor-/330751068260?pt=CPUs&hash=item4d024cc864

H8DME-2, 4GB, heatsinks, and 2 dual-core CPU's for $65 shipped on ebay
Throw on a couple of those cheap hex-cores and a 400W power supply, and you have ~30k ppd for a little over $100.

H8DME-2, 4GB, heatsinks, and 2 dual-core CPU's for $65 shipped on ebay
Throw on a couple of those cheap hex-cores and a 400W power supply, and you have ~30k ppd for a little over $100.

I was one of the lucky few who did just that! :) I still love Socket F for Folding! Getting ready to put my 24 core (4x8431's) up. Going to be interesting to see how well my 24 core Socket F compares to my 24 core Socket G34 setup.

Back