Holy Moly Dell 2007WFP for $160!

Leon2ky said:
I've contacted the majority of the people who've claimed to have purchased multiple, they're going to eBay them. :rolleyes:

Of course they are, this is what most of them do when they see hot deals like this.

Anyways, I purchased 2 different things from websites (that are posted on HotDeals) with price errors and they cancelled the orders a few days later. Couldve have gotten on this deal, but thought they will cancel just like the others, guess I was wrong :( . Congrats to all who get their monitors, keep us updated.

lmfao, I keep reading this thread. I'm not only entertained, but anxious to see if anyone gets their screens, you're hella lucky if you do, good luck fellas!

I'm so mad I missed this, I would have bought one for my brother who's pos samsung crt is dying.

EDIT: haha intellitext got owned, what a sweet context to advertise samsung in ^^^^^^^^

Leon2ky said:
I've contacted the majority of the people who've claimed to have purchased multiple, they're going to eBay them. :rolleyes:
well of course, why should they not? I would probably only have gotten two for myself :)
hardware AMD intel dell ATi nvidia asus seagate samsung xeon compaq

And to think i passed this off as just another "price mistake". I could have easily hopped on this deal before Dell upped the price :(

Would've have only bought one or two though, and left the profiteering to all the broke kiddies ;)

Leon2ky said:
I am keeping mine. FINALLY getting around to replacing my 4 year old Phillips 19" CRT :)

[Edit]
w00t on the Dell website, says mine was shipped :D

sethmo said:
I am keeping mine. FINALLY getting around to replacing my 4 year old Phillips 19" CRT :)
Haha, same here. I'm replacing my two 17" and one 19" CRTs. Should help the electric bill :eek:

Ugh, just bought a laptop..If I would have seen this I would've got like 4-5. Keep 2 for me and 3 for ebay to pay it all off.

drizzt81 said:
well of course, why should they not? I would probably only have gotten two for myself :)
hardware AMD intel dell ATi nvidia asus seagate samsung xeon compaq

Dude.................................................

why are you doing that? Throwing off our search feature or what? Spyware?

Get it figured out....

mdameron said:
Dude.................................................

why are you doing that? Throwing off our search feature or what? Spyware?

Get it figured out....
I think he's doing it to trick/ridicule the new intellitext stuff...

I also received my tracking number from dell. Looks like this was for real. It should be delivered by monday or tuesday :cool:

Where did you get your tracking number? I didnt get one through my email but on the website it just says "Shipped - In Transit"

i will buy one off someone who did multiples.

send a pm if you have one avaiable.

Whoever bought more than 1-2 and are just going to ebay them. Could you help out a [H]ard student over here and sell me one lol.

KingPing said:
still waiting on my tracking #......."in production".........."fingers crossed"

Same...

I bought this hoping it would go through to make a couple extra bucks, but now that I stare at this POS 17" compaq v70 I think it might be time for a change.

Steve_010 said:
I don't see it lasting too long before he gets baned...

Only if it's reported...
report.gif

^^^ same. or i would had bought 2-3 of them for myself.

good luck whoever got in on the deal.

anybody remember a few years back when dell had a pricing error on all monitors or something. i think one dude picked up 6 plasma worth $10k each at the time for like $500 each or something. he even posted screen shots of the plasmas at his house. also rediculous cheap 19inch lcd for $400 when they were retailing $900-$1200 at the time. My buddy got in on two 19inch during that price mistake. it was a big thread over at anandtech that time. im thinking somewhere between year 2000-2002. since thats when i bought my first 19inch for $1000.

If anyone has ordered several of these and could spare to sell one please contact me.

I wasn't watching the day this deal was posted or i would of grabbed a few on my Dell account. $160 is an incredible price for this LCD. Its one of the best 20.1" available IMO.

I jumped on this deal and ordered 8.

There is no way they shouldn't honor those prices. If they don't it will simply be a disgrace and not an intelligent move.

Think about it:

If newegg charges lets say $500 for a brand new top of the line video card and then they find out the EVERYONE else is charging $600 for the same card, and you've already ordered one, is it fair to them to not honor the price and charge you an extra $100?

They cant change the price after you order it and charge you more, thats not legal. Alls they can do is cancel your order and give you a refund. But mine was shipped, just waiting on a tracking number :)

Hulk said:
I jumped on this deal and ordered 8.

There is no way they shouldn't honor those prices. If they don't it will simply be a disgrace and not an intelligent move.

Yes, there is a way. Like the guy said above, they can just cancel orders, but it looks like Dell is coming through with this one. The other deals that I bit on such as the IBM and Micro Center got cancelled.

from the looks of it, quite a few were ordered... and i'm PRETTY sure that this was a pricing error... And even though i'm very happy for those of you that were lucky enough to jump on this, i'm just uber suprized that they are actually shipping them...

You should probably recieve them tomorrow - I got my 2005FPW in 3 days

We need to make a new thread to count how many of these they sold. I know theres no possible way they made money off them, so its utterly amazing they havn't canceled a few of the orders - especially the guy who ordered 8 of them....

which I would have done also if I saw &#$@^#*(@#@%#

Yea, personally I'm mad at myself right now for not ordering a ton of them to sell later, I just bought the one for personal use and even that hasn't been shipped yet. I'd like to hear from the guys that ordered like 4+ (8+ ... yeesh) to see if they get theirs.

chomsky said:
Yea, personally I'm mad at myself right now for not ordering a ton of them to sell later, I just bought the one for personal use and even that hasn't been shipped yet. I'd like to hear from the guys that ordered like 4+ (8+ ... yeesh) to see if they get theirs.

At least you got one. I saw this deal and didnt buy any at all. Does this make you feel a bit better? :D

I actually saw the deal about 5 minutes after it became known. I actually walked away from the computer and thought about ordering them and if I really wanted to spend money on a new monitor after I just bought one 4 months ago. The thought of buying 3+ and selling the spares never even crossed my mind. I'm a tremendous moron.

:eek: My order of 5 was shipped, according to the dell website! WOOOOOHOOO!! :D :D :D

I haven't received a tracking number yet, but I'm not worried - it says that my perty monitors are "in transit to carrier".

Ebay is going to be flooded with these, I suspect, in the next couple weeks.

Back