Holy Moly Dell 2007WFP for $160!

Hulk said:
If newegg charges lets say $500 for a brand new top of the line video card and then they find out the EVERYONE else is charging $600 for the same card, and you've already ordered one, is it fair to them to not honor the price and charge you an extra $100?

Yes you're right, that would be pretty shitty and downright immoral.

However, there is a difference between jacking up the price to make a higher profit, then fixing a pricing error.

LtWaldo said:
:eek: My order of 5 was shipped, according to the dell website! WOOOOOHOOO!! :D

I haven't received a tracking number yet, but I'm not worried - it says that my perty monitors are "in transit to carrier".

Ebay is going to be flooded with these, I suspect, in the next couple weeks.

Care to sell one to a fellow [H]er who missed this deal for $200? :(

They might actually lose money if they sell for $200 shipped, but I don't think that's what their referring to

unbelievable, quite the deal.......

sorry I have a small lab at home and have a place for all 4, none for sale

chomsky said:
They might actually lose money if they sell for $200 shipped, but I don't think that's what their referring to

Yeah, no one will sell theirs for $200 even if we get them cheaper, try closer to $300-$350.

Killa_2327 said:
Yeah, no one will sell theirs for $200 even if we get them cheaper, try closer to $300-$350.
Hopefully everyone isnt as money hungry :(

I actually do need another monitor. I just setup a second workstation in my room and the desk isnt really made for a CRT. I have an old dell one on there now and it barely fits.

Killa_2327 said:
Most people will not pay that much... especially since that's the current 'promo' price Dell normally offers for these displays... and the majority of buyers would rather go with Dell and deal with them directly.

I know the idea is to try to make a buck or two, but be realistic... $275-$280 tops is what you should ask for.

One other thing you need to remember is that there will be a boatload of these out there, up for sale on eBay, once all shipments go out.

Devil24 said:
Most people will not pay that much... especially since that's the current 'promo' price Dell normally offers for these displays... and the majority of buyers would rather go with Dell and deal with them directly.

I know the idea is to try to make a buck or two, but be realistic... $275-$280 tops is what you should ask for.

Other thing you need to remember is that there will be a boatload of these out there, up for sale on eBay, once all shipments go out.
And that's why the person that sells low will recoup their money fastest, therefore not having to pay interest on their credit card and not having a dozen giant boxes in their living room.

Trying to get $300-350, well they may eventually sell. Maybe.

Looking back now, I wish I would have ordered 2 or 3. Ahh well, at least I got one :)

LOL at all of the people that says theirs shipped. I guess I should congratulate you, because Dell is and will be taking a loss for any that they ship at this price. If indeed a lot of people do get theirs shipped, many that are looking for this monitor can checkout the saturated eBay market in the following weeks to see the value of these monitors plumet to the earth. While Dell will still be trying to sell them for $450, eBay I assume will be less than $300.

i dont really see them diping into 300 on ebay thats just crazy talk. truth is the guys that bought more to resell will get whatever they want on ebay. Im sure not too many people got them at that price. typical price on these is 350+shipping or shipped. i wish i would have gotten one or 2 myself but im not going to sit here and tell the ones that got on the deal how to sell theres and sell me one for 200 :) hehe
congrats to the ones that got some.

Damnit, damnit, damnit. And to think, I was browsing the Power Supply section of [H]ardforum when the deal was first announced... :(

I'll pay someone $225 for their extra. :D

Got some stuff to trade in the future if anyone wants a socket 939 Venice 3200+ or ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 + cash for a monitor, too.. :cool:

Devil24 said:

One other thing you need to remember is that there will be a boatload of these out there, up for sale on eBay, once all shipments go out.

Realistic is what I said, $300-$350. These things dont sell for $250 on ebay. They sell for more then $300 easily, and constant too.

I actually have a DHL tracking number for mine. The DHL website says that the monitor was picked up on the 14th. Just to be sure, I called DHL to inquire on the status and was told that the monitor wasn't going to be picked up until the 17th :(

Killa_2327 said:
Realistic is what I said, $300-$350. These things dont sell for $250 on ebay. They sell for more then $300 easily, and constant too.

yep
Plus everyone charges anywhere from 45-70 shipping on these as well on ebay

applejacks said:
yep
Plus everyone charges anywhere from 45-70 shipping on these as well on ebay

Yep. And even if I sold it to you at $225 and made money, I'd still be practically giving it away.

I got 5 UPS tracking numbers. It's official - all our orders have gone through. This ranks up there in the top 3 "deals" ever.

LtWaldo said:
I got 5 UPS tracking numbers. It's official - all our orders have gone through. This ranks up there in the top 3 "deals" ever.

Man every time I hear it, I feel worse and worse. :(

damn, i feel like punching myself in the face for missing this.

CONGRATS to all of you that got in on this!

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I hope whoever actually got one of these dies in a car accident rofl. I h8 you all.

Pleasant. Love you too. :p

Tracking # - Received. :D

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I hope whoever actually got one of these dies in a car accident rofl. I h8 you all.

According to DHL, they have given my monitor to the driver, and it should be delivered later this afternoon!

Edit: I'm gonna laugh my ass off when it's a box of bricks!

Killa_2327 said:
Yep. And even if I sold it to you at $225 and made money, I'd still be practically giving it away.

Yep, and considering you could get much more for a NIB 2007FPW anyway, it's also a losing proposition on opportunity cost ;).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send me a PM if you bought an extra and want to sell it to someone a little less fortunate :)

Back