Hogwarts Legacy

I am not really into HP and all but damn it if this game isn't getting my attention.

Avalanche doesn't produce junk it's going to be good. Sure you can buy the game for 29.00 a year later but then your a year older.

IF THEY MADE THIS MASTERPIECE, HARRY POTTER WILL BE NO SWEAT. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Montana:_Spotlight_World_Tour

It's certainly worth being very wary and concerned about the game and the studio's history, but let's remember that WB turned Rocksteady from a shovelware studio into a company that consistently made the best superhero titles for a few years. If WB was willing to invest the resources needed into Avalanche to let them staff up with the right people, the game could turn out to be pretty solid. That said, the lead production/development team doesn't really have anything too promising in their previous dev careers, so it pays to be cautious. It looks like the review embargo lifts on Monday, so that'll at least start to give a general idea of how things turned out.

I'm shocked you're refunding it!

7:10AM - it pays to pre-order.
9:14AM - refund bound.

:ROFLMAO:

Looks like it will be 35-70 hours. For those that like long games, you'll probably be in for a treat. Graphically I think it looks good but not a Potter fan, and not sure if it looks interesting enough for 70 hours. But I am somewhat interested.

But with Jedi Survivor and Last of Us pushed further back, maybe I will end up giving this one a try.

7:10AM - it pays to pre-order.
9:14AM - refund bound.

:ROFLMAO:

Looks like it will be 35-70 hours. For those that like long games, you'll probably be in for a treat. Graphically I think it looks good but not a Potter fan, and not sure if it looks interesting enough for 70 hours. But I am somewhat interested.

But with Jedi Survivor and Last of Us pushed further back, maybe I will end up giving this one a try.
It looks fun to me, though I have only ever seen one Harry Potter film and never read the books.

I'm torn on this one. My gut says that I'm optimistic but through the years of grizzled experience I know better than anyone that "the proof is in the pudding". Anyways, excited for release, should be interesting either way.

I'm shocked you're refunding it!

he's going to play for 2 hours, post 5-6 screenshots of the early tutorial section and then refund it...I don't think he's ever finished a game, he just plays them as a free demo...Steam already warned him about returning too many games so now he's using other services to buy and return

review embargo lifts on Monday morning...

Last edited:

I have not seen any of the movies or read any of the books ever. But a single player RPG that is not a souls like exercise in frustration is so rare these days that it's almost an automatic purchase.

I'm most interested in Returnal and Atomic Heart for February...Hogwarts could go either way based on reviews

I'm most interested in Returnal and Atomic Heart for February...Hogwarts could go either way based on reviews
Didn't you just post that the embargo lifts on Monday? Then what reviews are you referring to? I'd also be very cautious of what reviews I believe for this game, they might be insidious attempts at making it look bad.

If this game compares favorably to well...any number of solid single player RPGs then I, too, will probably end up buying it.

I say that as someone who couldn't give two rips about HP passed knowing the broad story and concepts. A single-player RPG almost deserves immediate wallet support because they are so rare now unless the game is really an epic turd. I'm confident this game isn't an epic turd at least based on what is already known.

Didn't you just post that the embargo lifts on Monday? Then what reviews are you referring to? I'd also be very cautious of what reviews I believe for this game, they might be insidious attempts at making it look bad.

where's the confusion?...the review embargo for Hogwarts Legacy ends on Monday...I'm not getting any sense for how the game will be received...for me Hogwarts is not on the same tier as Atomic Heart and Returnal so if reviews are really positive I might end up getting it

the Potter movies started out more for a younger audience but the stories got more mature as the books/movies progressed

where's the confusion?...the review embargo for Hogwarts Legacy ends on Monday...I'm not getting any sense for how the game will be received...for me Hogwarts is not on the same tier as Atomic Heart and Returnal so if reviews are really positive I might end up getting it

the Potter movies started out more for a younger audience but the stories got more mature as the books/movies progressed
I thought you meant you are getting that sense from reviews already out there. I think the reviews will be mixed, but that will not prove anything, they will be lukewarm because nobody will dare give the game a high score lest they attract the ire of the cancel mob.

I thought you meant you are getting that sense from reviews already out there. I think the reviews will be mixed, but that will not prove anything, they will be lukewarm because nobody will dare give the game a high score lest they attract the ire of the cancel mob.

the ResetEra forums won't even allow anyone to post about the game due to JK Rowling's inflammatory posts...those forums are a bit extreme in their support for a certain agenda so I'm not surprised

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concerning-hogwarts-legacy-and-jk-rowling.678517/

he's going to play for 2 hours, post 5-6 screenshots of the early tutorial section and then refund it...I don't think he's ever finished a game, he just plays them as a free demo...Steam already warned him about returning too many games so now he's using other services to buy and return

review embargo lifts on Monday morning...
Yeah I know. It's pretty sad...

the ResetEra forums won't even allow anyone to post about the game due to JK Rowling's inflammatory posts...those forums are a bit extreme in their support for a certain agenda so I'm not surprised

https://www.resetera.com/threads/concerning-hogwarts-legacy-and-jk-rowling.678517/
I know, neoGaf was already hell on earth and resetera was formed by the most extreme elements from there after the head of neogaf was exposed as a predator masquerading as a male feminist.

I know, neoGaf was already hell on earth and resetera was formed by the most extreme elements from there after the head of neogaf was exposed as a predator masquerading as a male feminist.

Never been to either form before. Reset era looks insane by briefly browsing the topics, and with the abundance of creepy adolescent anime girl avatars it isn't too shocking that it is a far left website founded by a sexual abuser. I am doubting the game itself violates any of their rules. If anything the game has some diversity characters, which would be ironic if they continue to ban discussions of it.

Most people have no clue what JK Rowling's "inflammatory" posts actually are. Most people actually agree with her if they know what her stance actually is. If a person is cool with biological men competing against women in sports then they won't like her I'm sure. Same if they think men who don't want to date another biological man, who considers themselves a "real" woman and still likely has male body parts, is a transphobe.

Never been to either form before. Reset era looks insane by briefly browsing the topics, and with the abundance of creepy adolescent anime girl avatars it isn't too shocking that it is a far left website founded by a sexual abuser. I am doubting the game itself violates any of their rules. If anything the game has some diversity characters, which would be ironic if they continue to ban discussions of it.
Of course, Rowling herrself is as woke as they come on other issues, just not woke enough for the mob. You can have the "party approved" views on 99.9% of things, that .1% will still get you cancelled.

I'm as interested in seeing how this plays out in the MSM as I am in the game itself.

Of course, Rowling herrself is as woke as they come on other issues, just not woke enough for the mob. You can have the "party approved" views on 99.9% of things, that .1% will still get you cancelled.

I'm as interested in seeing how this plays out in the MSM as I am in the game itself.
This is 100% true!

I don't care what Rowlings thinks, I however am very grateful she created this story that keeps on giving from the books, movies, parks and now games. I am glad she kept a tight reign's over it so it wouldn't be watered down of screwed up. I probable do not agree with her politics at all but I do admire her creativity.

I don't care what Rowlings thinks, I however am very grateful she created this story that keeps on giving from the books, movies, parks and now games. I am glad she kept a tight reign's over it so it wouldn't be watered down of screwed up. I probable do not agree with her politics at all but I do admire her creativity.

Rowling has done a great job watering down and screwing up HP all on her own. The more extended universe stuff she tries to add the more things fall apart. Not to mention the Fantastic Beasts movies....

Most people have no clue what JK Rowling's "inflammatory" posts actually are. Most people actually agree with her if they know what her stance actually is. If a person is cool with biological men competing against women in sports then they won't like her I'm sure. Same if they think men who don't want to date another biological man, who considers themselves a "real" woman and still likely has male body parts, is a transphobe.

After browsing those forums, that is indeed what those people think. They know what they are taking a stand against.

Which is why "protesting" this game is even more insane.

I initially bought this for my wife for PS5 but FOMO ended up with me buying it for myself on PC as well. My PS5 has been collecting dust due to the lack of exclusives and the price increase on PS5 games. Getting this for $52 for the Deluxe edition for PC makes the $80 dollar PS5 version sting even more.

After browsing those forums, that is indeed what those people think. They know what they are taking a stand against.

Which is why "protesting" this game is even more insane.
I for one really don't mind when these people eat their own. At least they are witch-hunting each other rather than witch-hunting white guys like me.

The funny thing is she been on record saying that she has no issues with trans people. The only controversial thing she said is they shouldn't compete in women sports.

Hogwarts Legacy Review

In nearly every way, Hogwarts Legacy is the Harry Potter RPG I’ve always wanted to play. Its open-world adventure captures all the excitement and wonder of the Wizarding World with its memorable new characters, challenging and nuanced combat, and a wonderfully executed Hogwarts student fantasy that kept me glued to my controller for dozens of hours. It’s certainly weighed down by technical issues, a lackluster main story, and some poor enemy variety, but even those couldn’t come close to breaking its enchanting spell over me...

Grade: 9/10

Buy Hogwarts Legacy Review- "Buy, Wait for Sale, Never touch?"

The one game I refund twice gets good reviews holy shit those spells sound on the end of the ACG video are pretty damn Epic.

The game uses UE4 so expect the PC version to have the usual stuttering issues.

There isn't alot going on the screen at one time not worried about it with my 4080 and 13700K.

If I had like a 6700K and a 1060 I would be worried.

I guess the dry spell is over with kids.
Hogwarts Legacy Review

In nearly every way, Hogwarts Legacy is the Harry Potter RPG I’ve always wanted to play. Its open-world adventure captures all the excitement and wonder of the Wizarding World with its memorable new characters, challenging and nuanced combat, and a wonderfully executed Hogwarts student fantasy that kept me glued to my controller for dozens of hours. It’s certainly weighed down by technical issues, a lackluster main story, and some poor enemy variety, but even those couldn’t come close to breaking its enchanting spell over me...

Grade: 9/10

Buy Hogwarts Legacy Review- "Buy, Wait for Sale, Never touch?"

9/10 despite those caveats says it all. I don't see how we go wrong here and honestly? How many deep single player RPGs along these lines do we get? Buy it on principle. We can't go wrong here.

All in.

Last edited:
Back