Hitman

Just finished the Hanger mission with the Chess player I didn't do the Jet thing I should of though I posioned the Vodka.
If this game didn't have markers I would be pretty lost it give a option to turn off waypoints or turn them on.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Just finished the Hanger mission with the Chess player I didn't do the Jet thing I should of though I posioned the Vodka.
If this game didn't have markers I would be pretty lost it give a option to turn off waypoints or turn them on.

Yes the game lets you dial everything in just the way you want with lots of on and offs for various options.

If you're impressed with how the game looks already... you ain' seen nothin' yet. ;)

Never going back to Paris again LOL spent like 4-5 hours trying to do the objectives finding I couldn't do them after I completed them poisoned the wrong drinks
made the special drink from downstairs found I got penalized 5,000 points for each bystandard for a total of -45,000 points. The level design of the fashion show is enough to piss off the pope it's not bad
when you have it figured out. The problem I had with the level there are people everywhere and guards are everywhere. Got my first security suit by turning on a vacuum cleaner and hitting a guy with a wrench just crazy level design.

I finished it though the stashed weapon I had at the loadout helped alot when I hoped on the helicopter

You could spend a good month trying to figure out all the objectives....

20170804174042_1.jpg

The suit is just a rental this map and npc characters were some of the weirdest yet.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

Here’s how to get your hands on the GOTY Edition

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition will be available digitally on November 7th 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

New Players: HITMAN – GOTY Edition will be available digitally for $60. That includes The Complete First Season plus all of our new GOTY content.

Existing Players: If you already own The Complete First Season, either digitally or on disc, the ‘GOTY Upgrade’ includes all of the new GOTY content and will be available digitally for $20.
(The $20 GOTY Upgrade is also available to anyone who purchased all episodes individually or previously purchased the Intro Pack/Upgrade Pack combination.)

We’ll let you know when the GOTY Edition and GOTY Upgrade are available on PSN, Xbox Live and Steam so that you can get the exact pricing for your region.

Alongside the GOTY Edition release, a free update is including:
Redesigned UI
major lighting improvements to all missions
Xbox One X enhancements
Elusive Targets Reactivated (If you failed or completed it, your done, its only for those who missed out on trying whatsoever)

New: Patient Zero Campaign
After the routine elimination of a target, a contingency plan to unleash a global pandemic is triggered and Agent 47 must race against the clock to prevent a virus from spreading. This four-mission campaign spans different locations in the game, each one re-worked from the original settings with new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements. Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado and Hokkaido look and feel completely different with a new time of day and new custom music created by the composer for Season One, Niels Bye Nielsen.

$20 might be a little steep for some people. But I think I'll buy it on release. I stole the first season off of Gamestop for $15, and IO is independent now so they could use the cash.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

Alongside the GOTY Edition release, a free update is including:
Redesigned UI
major lighting improvements to all missions
Xbox One X enhancements
Elusive Targets Reactivated (If you failed or completed it, your done, its only for those who missed out on trying whatsoever)

$20 might be a little steep for some people. But I think I'll buy it on release. I stole the first season off of Gamestop for $15, and IO is independent now so they could use the cash.

If $20 is too steep for someone for all of this they have a lot bigger problems than "what videogame should I buy?" ;)

Insane value all the way here.

I dunno, I would have to see what all is added for $20. It's not like you get the first season for that price as well.

A new campaign, but all on existing maps...probably would have liked to see at least one new map for that price.

Man I was a huge fan of Hitman back in the day, I had no idea these new games were out. I have to admit I am confused though. You buy it in episodes now? And I can just buy the whole first season now? I'm thoroughly confused.

But it sounds promising that it's no longer the linear format of Absolution, that sucked! I loved the open world choose-your-own-adventure style of the older titles. I'd replay some missions like 50+ times.

edit: I think this clarifies everything for me, haha: https://kotaku.com/the-hitman-experiment-has-been-a-success-1786352218

Last edited:
Man I was a huge fan of Hitman back in the day, I had no idea these new games were out. I have to admit I am confused though. You buy it in episodes now? And I can just buy the whole first season now? I'm thoroughly confused.

But it sounds promising that it's no longer the linear format of Absolution, that sucked! I loved the open world choose-your-own-adventure style of the older titles. I'd replay some missions like 50+ times.

Don't get lost in it. It's a full, huge game. It's a complete product. $20 gets you everything.

When the game was released they put a new level out every few months and constantly supported with elusive targets and other goodies. No extra charge. I was highly skeptical of that attempted format but they somehow made it work.

People coming to it now are the beneficiaries. ;)

IO went out of the way to respond to player feedback and really impressed me here. I think they have more than redeemed themselves.

If IO pulls of a "season 2" it means they will again release a new level every few months and when all is said and done you have this huge mammoth game. The price is the same as a "normal" game on a preorder otherwise some people paid per "episode" left hand/right hand. No tricks. No extra costs.

Don't get lost in it. It's a full, huge game. It's a complete product. $20 gets you everything.

When the game was released they put a new level out every few months and constantly supported with elusive targets and other goodies. No extra charge. I was highly skeptical of that attempted format but they somehow made it work.

People coming to it now are the beneficiaries. ;)

IO went out of the way to respond to player feedback and really impressed me here. I think they have more than redeemed themselves.

If IO pulls of a "season 2" it means they will again release a new level every few months and when all is said and done you have this huge mammoth game. The price is the same as a "normal" game on a preorder otherwise some people paid per "episode" left hand/right hand. No tricks. No extra costs.

Sounds awesome, I'm buying this as soon as I get home today. I love me some Hitman! It might actually be my favorite game series of all time.

And thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it!

like this
Sounds awesome, I'm buying this as soon as I get home today. I love me some Hitman! It might actually be my favorite game series of all time.

And thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it!

It's one of my all time favorite game series as well and I truly feel like everything came back to full form and then some here. :)

Reactions: yowen
like this
It's one of my all time favorite game series as well and I truly feel like everything came back to full form and then some here. :)

That's awesome, I read some concerning things about frame rates? How are they for you? Thankfully it's not as crucial in a 3rd person single player game.

And it's such a cool game, one of my favorite things to do is to see how many people I can get away with killing without blowing my cover. Does the ranking system at the end of an episode give you a rating like the old days? Like deranged slayer or mad butcher or silent assassin?

like this
That's awesome, I read some concerning things about frame rates? How are they for you? Thankfully it's not as crucial in a 3rd person single player game.

And it's such a cool game, one of my favorite things to do is to see how many people I can get away with killing without blowing my cover. Does the ranking system at the end of an episode give you a rating like the old days? Like deranged slayer or mad butcher or silent assassin?

Ratings are a lot like that, yes, including the ever coveted "silent assassin" which is TOUGH.

Performance has been fine. In the early goings people were having some performance issues when 47 would walk by mirrors and at that sort of thing. That's largely been addressed. The eye candy options are plentiful and the game scales up and down quite well.

Reactions: yowen
like this

So, I don't think this is accurate. Currently the first season on Steam is on sale for ~$48 or so. The GOTY will be $60.

The $20 is only for the "upgrade pack" to GOTY from folks who already own the first season.

I am pretty sure the first season has gone for ~$20 in the past but that's not the base price.

like this
So, I don't think this is accurate. Currently the first season on Steam is on sale for ~$48 or so. The GOTY will be $60.

The $20 is only for the "upgrade pack" to GOTY from folks who already own the first season.

I am pretty sure the first season has gone for ~$20 in the past but that's not the base price.

Ha! I'd definitely be more interested in paying $20 vs $48.

Thanks for the correction.

Still more well than worth it in any event from where I sit. :)

Game of the year edition is out today Nov. 7th the dlc you would need to pick up for the added mission is called patient zero which is discounted if you own the base game.

like this
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/hitman-paris-episode-free-for-a-limited-time-only.html

Just a heads up. I'm pretty sure there's a free demo for this game all the time but they are now running a temporary free first mission (Paris) with all the goodies including the bonus holiday stuff until January 5. Nothing to lose here fence sitters. This is an amazing game and IO has more than redeemed themselves and earned support as far as I'm concerned.

That's a potential concern. I can only hope the recent developments on Shadow of War mean something.
It seemed like too little too late with Shadow of War, though. And the language used in their explanation was still the corporate line about "player choice" and so on.

Hitman 2 announced.

Will be a full game on launch, episodic model thrown out. 6 locations (maps I assume/hope?), first known is Miami. If you pre-order, you get immediate access to a single level called Hitman: Sniper Assassin, which you can play alone or with another person in online co-op.

Back