Hitman 3 (2020)

I guess I'll wait a bit, maybe even wait a year and get it on steam. I have enough other stuff in the backlog already.

Yeah I was trying to consider the overall cost and the numbers of everything and its generally ambiguous so right before I started getting the numbers and doing the calculations I reasoned I have better things to do on a Saturday and it was just simpler to cancel the preorder on Epic.

And IO has jumped into the early lead of dev mistakes for the year 2021...
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

So even though your items that you unlocked in Hitman 2 will carry over, you have to buy the levels again.

Batten down the hatchs! Thar be a shitstorm brewing!

Fortunately, Epic allows you to refund preorders. They just lost a direct sale here (because I'll be honest, I'm still buying the damn game); I'm moving my purchase to GMG where I get a discount, and they lose a cut of the sale.

That is a crappy decision, but they mention it was something out of their control.

My guess? Something to do with royalties and licensing. Though they went independent in 2017 before the launch of Hitman 2, they might still be bound by something in that game. Hence the reason to charge a little for it.

I am hoping it is similar along those lines because if not, asking people to rebuy the maps is pretty lame.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Not really out of their control, they chose to be epic exclusive. Surely they knew this could cause some issues...

Not really out of their control, they chose to be epic exclusive. Surely they knew this could cause some issues...

Looks like my guess was right. Something to do with Epic/Valve? I can't see either of them owning the rights to Hitman 2 though. I would've assumed it would be between IOI's previous publisher.

It has nothing to do with 'rights' to the previous games. its similar if you played 1 and 2 on xbox and buy hitman 3 on playstation, its not gunna work.
But seems like they could validate with your IOI account? of course all of this coulda all been easily avoided :)

The difficulty appears to stem from the process Hitman 3 uses to determine who is eligible for free Access Passes, which involves detecting what Hitman 2 content you have installed and then making the corresponding pass available for free. The absence of the game on the Epic Store means that process isn't possible, so Hitman 3 players who want access to Hitman 2 content will have to buy the Access Pass separately.

Looks like my guess was right. Something to do with Epic/Valve? I can't see either of them owning the rights to Hitman 2 though. I would've assumed it would be between IOI's previous publisher.

It has nothing to do with 'rights' to the previous games. its similar if you played 1 and 2 on xbox and buy hitman 3 on playstation, its not gunna work.
But seems like they could validate with your IOI account? of course all of this coulda all been easily avoided :)

The difficulty appears to stem from the process Hitman 3 uses to determine who is eligible for free Access Passes, which involves detecting what Hitman 2 content you have installed and then making the corresponding pass available for free. The absence of the game on the Epic Store means that process isn't possible, so Hitman 3 players who want access to Hitman 2 content will have to buy the Access Pass separately.

The IOI account idea is simple and should be implemented post haste.

I must say this is not a level of fuckery I'm used to seeing from IOI. The Epic exclusive fad chills my ass in general but this nonsense too is just enough that even I am starting to consider bailing and as big of a Hitman fanboy as I am... that sucks. If I have to wait a year to get this done the way it should have been done in the first place I guess I'll have to consider it.

Can this be fixed at all even post release? It's obvious IOI is not living in a bubble and is well aware of the discontent on these issues.

Last edited:
The IOI account idea is simple and should be implemented post haste.

I must say this is not a level of fuckery I'm used to seeing from IOI. The Epic exclusive fad chills my ass in general but this nonsense too is just enough that even I am starting to consider bailing and as big of a Hitman fanboy as I am... that sucks. If I have to wait a year to get this done the way it should have been done in the first place I guess I'll have to consider it.

Can this be fixed at all even post release? It's obvious IOI is not living in a bubble and is well aware of the discontent on these issues.
Same here, I already cancelled my Epic pre-order, but did end up buying again on GMG with the sale and promotion, might cancel that though and wait for Steam release. Slightly irritated you only get to transfer once per platform and I was willing to buy the game twice.

Same here, I already cancelled my Epic pre-order, but did end up buying again on GMG with the sale and promotion, might cancel that though and wait for Steam release. Slightly irritated you only get to transfer once per platform and I was willing to buy the game twice.

They need to have an epiphany and fast.

That should be a simple fix in IOI's part. Just make a login that can link your Steam account like many programs/websites do. As for Epic & IOI, I don't see why Hitman 2 can't be released on EGS. If Hitman 1 and 3 are on there, why not 2?

I noticed it was super easy to cancel the preorder and get a refund via Epic. Perhaps the numbers that result from this over the weekend will cause Epic to work towards a resolution that appeases the pc gamers.

Looks like this is going to get made right:
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1350899132966318084

On PC, we are continuing to work on a solution with our partners to allow PC players who own HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2 to import locations from those games into HITMAN 3 at no
additional cost.

We can guarantee that players will NOT need to repurchase the games.

Until we roll that out in the coming weeks, the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be free to own for all PC players who pre-purchase or purchase HITMAN 3 in the first 10 days after release.

Well, you hope. They could just be feeding us shit to prevent pre-order cancellations.

I'd 100% cancel this pre-order if I can't get 1 & 2, which I own on steam, with this version.

its still ambiguous - sounds to me like theyre saying "hey, give us back the $90 you refunded and repurchase the game and I PROMISE we will fix it somehow in the future, but give us your $90 back first"

in the meantime, shits still not clear and theyre adding specific time frames like 10 days only! to feed peoples fear of missing out and further manipulate people.

I'm seeing a LOT of chatter from IOI about this account and progression stuff so they are keenly aware of it and at least trying to make things right.

The carryover site has been swamped for the last 2.5 hours I been trying to connect my accounts. No luck so far.

Decided to run the benchmark while I wait for the site to work... on Darthmoor I got 95.5 FPS @ 4K with max settings on a 3090. Using an old driver and my GPU with a slight undervolt/underclock, about .5% below stock in most scenarios, looks like they made the world completely destructable including pillars, shelves, maybe walls. Did have some stutter in the heavy physics sections but it could be because I'm on an old driver.

Last edited:
The carryover site has been swamped for the last 2.5 hours I been trying to connect my accounts. No luck so far.

Decided to run the benchmark while I wait for the site to work... on Darthmoor I got 95.5 FPS with max settings on a 3090. Using an old driver and my GPU with a slight undervolt/underclock, about .5% below stock in most scenarios, looks like they made the world completely destructable including pillars, shelves, maybe walls. Did have some stutter in the heavy physics sections but it could be because I'm on an old driver.
What resolution, though?

like this
I'm not sure I understand what the carryover is even for? Your account on IOI should have all of your player data, and you are essentially logging into Hitman 3 with that same account?

So does the Mr. CLEAN BALD HEAD sorry caps use raytracing reflections?
Raytracing isn't in the game yet, it should be added later this year. Hopefully they add DLSS as well because otherwise I don't see raytracing as viable with this generation of cards at 4K.

I'm not sure I understand what the carryover is even for? Your account on IOI should have all of your player data, and you are essentially logging into Hitman 3 with that same account?
Yea I think it is pretty stupid, it is more of a confirmation you want to import your data from Hitman 2... this could have been done a better way with a save file or something. But for whatever reason they like to make everything online.

I got my accounts linked but am still having trouble getting through the entirity of the "data transfer".

like this
yes! I still have access to the electrocution phone

Im going to wait for hitman 3 on steam so I've not upgraded anything.

The carryover site is still a work in progress and could have been a bit more intuitive. Server disconnects in general.

I just didn't want to wait another friggin' year to play a game in one of my all time favorite series. What a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
Well I think my transfer was bugged. I did get mastery unlocks and missions progress unlocks. ZERO items were transfered and I had every unlock in Hitman 2 except I missed like 2 Elusive targets. Not sure if this is because I don't have the Hitman 2 Access pass yet, since I'm waiting for the free one, but yea it's kind of irritating now since everything shows completed but I have no unlocks lol.

like this
That sucks

I had a feeling this whole transfer your progress and unlocks system was going to be a shitshow but I hope they get it fixed ASAP

That sucks

I had a feeling this whole transfer your progress and unlocks system was going to be a shitshow but I hope they get it fixed ASAP
I think I was wrong earlier, I think it only partially transfers initially. If I check the status it still says pending on the website. This is waht it looks like, so I believe I will eventually get everything, it's just not completed yet.

1611189804000.png

like this
I think I was wrong earlier, I think it only partially transfers initially. If I check the status it still says pending on the website. This is waht it looks like, so I believe I will eventually get everything, it's just not completed yet.

View attachment 320912

I was confused with something. You log in with your steam account first... it recognizes all that, shows you what's coming... then you get to a screen where it wants you to log in to where it's going (Epic.) it says you need to log out...then refresh the screen, and then log in. Does that sound right or is there some "trick" to this? I think I was doing it right on my end but not 100 percent sure.

Last edited:
I was confused with something. You log in with your steam account first... it recognizes all that, shows you what's coming... then you get to a screen where it wants you to log in to where it's going (Epic.) it says you need to log out...then refresh the screen, and then log in. Does that sound right or is there some "trick" to this? I think I was doing it right on my end but not 100 percent sure.
Late response but here is what I did. If I remember correctly.

1) Log into Steam and Epic in your web browser
2) Opened up 2 tabs at https://account.ioi.dk being logged out any IOI account.
3) Clicked Login with Epic Account, it will ask you to link the account, it will specifically say that, don't do anything at this point
4) Switch to the other tab and Login with Steam account, fully login to IOI with Steam account
5) Click Link account in the first tab

They should be linked at that point.

Hope this helps, tried to remember exactly how I did it, as I was confused as well.

like this
I really don't understand why they had to make this so complicated. God forbid they just detect your save game from Hitman 2 and give you your progress. Instead we have to sit here doing the calculations to save matt damon from Mars, and wait for the server to stop getting finger fucked into oblivion.

Mine seemed to work fine...if you go under options there is a section to input the email address associated with your IOI account...you get sent a confirmation email or something that you just have to click on and log into. Before this I already signed up for an account using Hitman 2 so all my Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 stuff was already there as a Hitman 2 linked account. I see all my Hitman 1,2,3 maps in game. Guess I'm just going to uninstall my Steam versions of 1 and 2. :)

My items all transfered overnight, looks like just about everything except for the electricution phone ofcourse, I feel as if there may be a couple other items missing, but can't think of what they are, guessing it is something to do with the Hitman 1 escalations. Now just waiting for them to give Hitman 2 and the other maps out to people who owned one of the Steam versions.

like this
Back