Hitman 3 (2020)

That looks alot nice you can see the Ray Tracing on his bald head or just reflections.
I bought HItman 1 but skipped 2 because it looked fruity.

Looks great. Can't wait for this. I just hope they don't get stretched too thin working on the 007 game at the same time.

That looks alot nice you can see the Ray Tracing on his bald head or just reflections.
I bought HItman 1 but skipped 2 because it looked fruity.

2 is awesome. There is nothing fruity about it.

2 is awesome. There is nothing fruity about it.
Yeah, if you liked 1 but skipped on 2 you are missing out big time. The levels on 2 were outstanding compared to 1.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The Bird outfit had me worried.
It was a major race setup in Miami, it fit the theme of that setting perfectly. 2 generally has much better levels compared to 1. I really only enjoyed maybe a single location in 1 that i'll go back in play within 2. (The Italy stage) 2 had Mumbai, Miami w/ the race, whittleton creek, and the columbia (or whatever south american drug lord location it was). Really awesome game.

I think the biggest problem 3 faces is if they can't deliver awesome locations.

like this
It was a major race setup in Miami, it fit the theme of that setting perfectly. 2 generally has much better levels compared to 1. I really only enjoyed maybe a single location in 1 that i'll go back in play within 2. (The Italy stage) 2 had Mumbai, Miami w/ the race, whittleton creek, and the columbia (or whatever south american drug lord location it was). Really awesome game.

I think the biggest problem 3 faces is if they can't deliver awesome locations.

If they aren't stretched too thin working on 007 I have a feeling there won't be any problems with locations.

I just want to see one of the larger scale maps. The Burj Dubai is cool and all, but I also want some wider scale city maps.

I been in the hospital for a week when I saw these when I got out it makes me really hope we get VR on PC eventually, it would make me get a headset. Hitman may be just about as good as Half-Life Alyx in VR.

First 5 minutes of Dubai:

Persistant Shortcuts:

I just want to see one of the larger scale maps. The Burj Dubai is cool and all, but I also want some wider scale city maps.
I watched a GameInformer video where 4 people were talking about Hitman 3, they seemed really impressed with the levels in this game and said there are some huge levels. Theres also some talk about the mission where you can play it completely as a detective.
Here is that video: It is largely a waste of time but may be worth listening to in the background if you have nothing better to do.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I will get this at launch as I still have to finish Hitman 2 after getting it on sale recently. I really like the fact that you will be able to import Hitman 1 and 2 missions if you own the previous games similar to how Hitman 2 handled it with Hitman 1. It's nice to have them running on the latest engine and all in one executable.

I'm not sure if I will get this at launch as I still have to finish Hitman 2 after getting it on sale recently. I really like the fact that you will be able to import Hitman 1 and 2 missions if you own the previous games similar to how Hitman 2 handled it with Hitman 1. It's nice to have them running on the latest engine and all in one executable.
Yea finish up the first 2 games if you haven't then you could potentially pick up Hitman 3 on sale and have a few patches. Both times IOI released the new entries to the series Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2, it needed some patching before they actually became stable, they are significantlly more enjoyable now than when they launched that's for sure. I have nearly 400 hours in the new series so day one buy is a no brainer for me.

Have they said if the prior games stages will be playable in this one, like Hitman 2? I really enjoyed playing through the previous game levels with the new items.

Have they said if the prior games stages will be playable in this one, like Hitman 2? I really enjoyed playing through the previous game levels with the new items.

Yes it's listed on the official page:

HITMAN 3 is the best place to play every game in the World of Assassination trilogy. All locations from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 can be imported and played within HITMAN 3 at no additional cost for existing owners – plus progression from HITMAN 2 is directly carried over into HITMAN 3 at launch.

Yes it's listed on the official page:

HITMAN 3 is the best place to play every game in the World of Assassination trilogy. All locations from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 can be imported and played within HITMAN 3 at no additional cost for existing owners – plus progression from HITMAN 2 is directly carried over into HITMAN 3 at launch.
How does this work between the Steam version of Hitman 1 and 2 and Epic Games Hitman 3?

How does this work between the Steam version of Hitman 1 and 2 and Epic Games Hitman
That's a good question, I'm not sure. I didn't realize this was an Epic exclusive which kinda sucks. Their webpage says you can still import it though so maybe you have to link your steam and epic accounts or create an IOI account.

About two thirds down the page here they confirm it will work: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-england/

PRE-ORDERS

HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.

As an independent studio, our partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create HITMAN 3 exactly as we imagined and self-publish the game to our players directly. It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games.

With that in mind, we are pleased to confirm that PC players will be able to carryover their current progression and unlocks from HITMAN 2 on Steam into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. It will also be possible for PC players to import locations from the previous two games into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. We want to make it a seamless process for our PC players to enjoy HITMAN 3 on a different PC platform and continue to enjoy the benefits of our World of Assassination.

You probaly have to repurchase the games I think Hitman was free on Epic. Unless the have some kinda account linking like UBI. Unless the file size is so small IO will include all 3 games in one download.

That's a good question, I'm not sure. I didn't realize this was an Epic exclusive which kinda sucks. Their webpage says you can still import it though so maybe you have to link your steam and epic accounts or create an IOI account.

About two thirds down the page here they confirm it will work: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-england/
They linked your Steam account to an IOI account. I think very early in Hitman 1's launch there was the controversy of the always-online aspect of it mixed in with the scoreboards, mixed in with the multiplayer, and some time (maybe during Hitman 2) it was in their TOS to just mash it up with your Steam account (via the API account linking).

You should be able to check it here: https://account.ioi.dk/

Oddly enough I believe I signed up with email then linked it to my Steam account. I suspect this will then just naturally use your Epic account (as another third-party authentication service) and you'll have all three linked together.

I think it's just a 1 year exclusivity on Epic, right? That seems to be the standard.

Ya it's just one year. I don't mind the Epic store in general and they do give out lots of coupons, but ideally I would like to keep all three games in one place.

Ya it's just one year. I don't mind the Epic store in general and they do give out lots of coupons, but ideally I would like to keep all three games in one place.
The holiday sale coupon didn't apply to pre-orders. Not sure about any of the other ones, I generally forget and/or don't really need to buy whatever game I'm interested in on Epic, anyway.

All three games would in theory be in one place no matter which flavor, so take your pick really. Leaving Hitman 2 installed on Steam and getting Hitman 3 on Epic with all previous levels I think would just use up disk space (and bandwidth).

It is nice that you can import the older maps/missions but I assume the engine hasn't changed much. And the engine kind of sucks. Or at least how they implemented their game. Lots of issues, Hitman 2 was worse with crashing for me. Was hoping for a huge revamp.

Otherwise I liked the last two.

If I've never played Hitman 1 and 2 can I play the full games in the HM3 engine if I buy the originals or is it just the maps that import for some kind of random mission generator type of thing?

If I've never played Hitman 1 and 2 can I play the full games in the HM3 engine if I buy the originals or is it just the maps that import for some kind of random mission generator type of thing?

With Hitman 2 it has all the Hitman 1 cinematics and missions in the correct order including the training missions and prologue. I am not an expert in either game though so I'm not sure if there are any differences such as mechanics or weapons.

I never finished the first game when I first tried it so I'm am playing through the original missions in Hitman 2 and it feels pretty similar presentation wise.

Yes, at least with the last one you basically had the full game. The challenges don’t really change. There are just some added challenges.

ACG: Hitman 3 Preview Video, If you just want his overall opinion so far without watching... it shows some minor gameplay segments from Dubai, he says he really likes what they did with Hitman 3 and it is exactly what he hoped for and he rants about VR for a few minutes.

Last edited:
like this
Visual/Sound changes to Hitman 1&2 in Hitman 3: Looks like mostly upgrades, one downgrade in Miami and a LOD Bug. The sound definately seems to have one of the larger improvements.

Visual/Sound changes to Hitman 1&2 in Hitman 3: Looks like mostly upgrades, one downgrade in Miami and a LOD Bug. The sound definately seems to have one of the larger improvements.

Looks good but Agent 47 looks like he has a baby face now. Certainly doesn't look as "harsh". Changes his look a good bit.

Looks good but Agent 47 looks like he has a baby face now. Certainly doesn't look as "harsh". Changes his look a good bit.
I think someone from the art team tried to make it look closer to Timothy Olyphant 47 for whatever reason. I don't mind it, but think it was completely unnecessary.

1610403779300.png

He looks like an infant who's about to throw a tantrum... I really hope that's just a bad angled shot because I'm going to have a hard time taking this game seriously if he's going to look like that.

1610415529100.png
This is a frontal shot from the comparison video, it's not a massive change, that angle from the thumbnail does make him look like a baby though. To me it looks like they shortened his neck and broadened his shoulders.

And IO has jumped into the early lead of dev mistakes for the year 2021...
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

HITMAN 3 Access Pass on PC
We’ve done everything possible to make this process smooth and player-friendly. However, due to various circumstances out of our control, we want to acknowledge that the process is different to our initial plans for PC players. We also want to share some of the initiatives we’ve set-up to make sure that PC players the chance to keep enjoying the benefits of the World of Assassination.

• The HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be available to claim in the first 10 days after launch for anyone who purchases (or has pre-ordered) any edition of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store.

• Owners of HITMAN 1 on EGS (including all players who claimed it when it was available for free in August) will get a free upgrade to the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.

• The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.

Our hope is that these initiatives help to ensure all HITMAN 3 PC players can able to enjoy the new game with full access to HITMAN 1 and their progression carried over as a minimum.

So even though your items that you unlocked in Hitman 2 will carry over, you have to buy the levels again.

Batten down the hatchs! Thar be a shitstorm brewing!

Fortunately, Epic allows you to refund preorders. They just lost a direct sale here (because I'll be honest, I'm still buying the damn game); I'm moving my purchase to GMG where I get a discount, and they lose a cut of the sale.

Last edited:
I just saw this too - it's starting to look real bad. Ubisoft games may need a spreadsheet for all the different versions and editions, but for Hitman, IOI has you pulling out a flow chart.

Well IOI and Epic sure know how to make a disappointing launch for Hitman 3 for the PC community.

I cancelled my preorder.

I just found this out as well - I currently have 315 hours in hitman 1+2 on steam and I decided to bite the bullet and go with Epic for 3 but this latest 'revelation' has me thinking I might just cancel Epic preorder.

SJW Baby Face? The thing with Hitman series the game depreciate in value like 90 percent 6 months this game will be 14.98 in 6 months. The first 3 missions were good with Hitman 1. Too bad Epic paid them off.

Back