Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

finally broke 2M

2.png

Well, as of right now, however briefly, I'm a Top10 Horde folder on PPD, and a Top 50 folder at F@H.

However, I really need to break each machine into a separate username to monitor them correctly.

It was fun freaking people out that a supercomputer was online, but it was really a bunch of small machines.

To babysit them correctly, they will each get their own name.

Just create a console with remote connections. There are enough stats. I only run 8 computers, 5 have capable GPUs, but the client console does it for me. Breaking out usernames is going to give you a headache on looking up online stats per machine.

Today I got my forums team in the sub 1,200 rankings on extreme overclocking. It's now ranked, and I have a fancy name spot at the bottom. 8.2 million points to get there.

Woooot, 1.5M, almost 4 months on the nose. Still need to try overclocking my GPU, but with summer coming up I might be backing things off a bit anyway. We'll see.

/high five

Every point and WU count. I've been at it for almost nine years and not anywhere near the top folders. Just keep chugging away and contributing :)

The sick thing is that I keep passing inactive ppl on the team list.
I am currently producing an average of 15k PPD and I am expected to jump about 200 positions up the team ladder in the next week.
Less than 10% of the 200 positions above me are active and my Top 5 Conquests always shows ppl I will pass when i send in a new work unit.Kinda takes the competitive/sports angle out of it.

I use the list at extremeoverclocking.com because it seems like hardfolding is always processing, is there a site that just list team users that have been active within the last week?

The sick thing is that I keep passing inactive ppl on the team list.
I am currently producing an average of 15k PPD and I am expected to jump about 200 positions up the team ladder in the next week.
Less than 10% of the 200 positions above me are active and my Top 5 Conquests always shows ppl I will pass when i send in a new work unit.Kinda takes the competitive/sports angle out of it.

I use the list at extremeoverclocking.com because it seems like hardfolding is always processing, is there a site that just list team users that have been active within the last week?

enjoy it while it lasts, all too soon you will have to pile on D just to keep your place

On eoc, there's a dropdown on the left to show only active users, try that

Lots of stuff for me today:

Made the top 100 for the team
Top 1000 for the Project
8000 plus WU's
and the big one......just made it to 40,000,000

Lots of stuff for me today:

Made the top 100 for the team
Top 1000 for the Project
8000 plus WU's
and the big one......just made it to 40,000,000

You'll probably be passing me by shortly points wise... gonna take you a while to pass my 22,000 WU -- I feel good about that :) Dang kids and their go fast computers... hehe.

Keep on Folding!

its SMP city and a couple of GPU's for me, got caught with too slow of a dual xeon when the 8101's came out.....

Sorry but I may be older.
My first work "computer" system: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Data_General_NOVA_System.jpg

Looked just like this one. DG Nova 312 with 5MB fixed and 5MB removeable platters. FTW!!!!

While it wasn't my first work computer I did have the honor of using an HP 1000 from 1990 to 1997. It was still being used as the main site system for satellite TT&C at an earth station. Mainly telemetry decoding and display of course. AFAIK it was still in operation for Comstar D2 and D4 (Later known as Esiafi 1 after it was sold to Tongasat) in 2002. The human on duty was the "bootloader" for the system setting the start address and pressing "Run". :)

When I started the job paper tape was still used to feed update tracking data into the system. Amazing that paper tap was still in use at all in 1990 for day-to day operations! One of the station engineers and me replaced the paper tape punch/reader with a Tandy 1000 PC that was lying around. This was done by interfacing the 8 bit parallel port of the HP 1000 paper tape interface to the the 8 b it parallel printer port of the Tandy 1000. Performed using some 5V/12V optoisolator ICs and custom code on the PC. Reading from the remote feed as and writing to the HP as needed.

Good times! :)

736px-HP_1000_E-Series_minicomputer.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I may be older.
My first work "computer" system: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Data_General_NOVA_System.jpg

Looked just like this one. DG Nova 312 with 5MB fixed and 5MB removeable platters. FTW!!!!

Never worked on NOVA :(. Back in the '70's, my dad and I built an ELF (6502 based) - had 512 Bytes of RAM, Hex keypad, LED read out. We modded it and upgraded it to have video out, 2K RAM, cassette I/O, and a clear case. Still runs :) We then picked up an Altair 8800b. Did a lot of work on DEC PDP-11s in college, then managed an IBM System/36 for years - migrated that to an AS/400. Heh, I remember when the 80286 came out... "HOLY CRAP 6Mhz!!!!!". I OC'd my 8Mhz '286 to just over 11Mhz ;).

And to think, my phone is more powerful than a lot of computers I hauled to LAN parties.

My first rig I folded on took a bout 5 days to get through a WU. Crazy how things have progressed.

Oh, and Hollerith cards:

500px-Blue-punch-card-front-horiz.png

Want to know why a 2013 computer text window is 80 chars long? You can thank the Hollerith card for that. What a STUPID number. Why not 64 or 128????

remember them well, first computer had a z-80....

I hated typing up Fortran programs on those cards.

Time stands still for no computer geek. Nobody cares that we had deal with tape recorders, 160k floppies, or Z-80 chips... :D

Watch it there! Z-80's grandchildren are still being produced and used in modern gear!

I just hit 500M points with my current team. Today I'm switching all my hosts to team 33 in thanks to all the help I've received from this forum. I'm usually good for 2.5 - 3M PPD, so I hope this will help keep EVGA at bay...

2.png

I just hit 500M points with my current team. Today I'm switching all my hosts to team 33 in thanks to all the help I've received from this forum. I'm usually good for 2.5 - 3M PPD, so I hope this will help keep EVGA at bay...

Nice! (High five)

Had my best day in my nine years of folding yesterday:
241,869 points! (only 32 WU tho... have had better than that)

Back