Hisense Pro 7 Tablet $39 (Refurb)

at $40 i was going to buy 10 of them.... but its $89 - $ card (1 per household) and the a $10 discount for using bitcoin...

:(

I bought mine maybe a year ago from 150 or so. At the time the Nexus 7 was $200. I'm still super happy with mine it does everything I need it to, but I'm old. I play snes on it and read googleplay books mostly. Theres a couple youtube reviews floating around that compare the two. The largest difference is the memory on the hisense pro is expanable via microsd. I've got a 32gb in mine. Supposedly for general use and app launch time the Hisense is faster but for graphic intensive games the nexus is a bit faster. the hisense is slightly thicker but not noticeably.

at $40 i was going to buy 10 of them.... but its $89 - $ card (1 per household) and the a $10 discount for using bitcoin...

:(

This... OP is a bit misleading. This would be pretty hot at $39, but for most of the world not shopping with bitcoin, call it $49. Still a decent deal, but then toss in waiting on a $40 rebate on top of it... meh.

FWIW, I did own both one of these and a 2012 Nexus 7, and they seemed very comparable. You lose the dev community, but there is TWRP and a handful of roms. Performance wise both were pretty spot on. The screen was notably better and more responsive on the Nexus 7. Now, the Nexus 7 is dead, and the Sero 7 is with my wife in Afganistan, so I have neither :D. I didn't realize there was a Sero 8 now... looking sort of attractive at $129 for a KitKat tablet.

Not sure why you didn't just link directly to Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738002

Note that this assumes you're using bitcoin for the purchase. As well, it becomes $41 after rebate and discount, not $39.

Deal ends tonight.

While there isn't a huge dev scene, dopa v2.1 is aosp 4.4.4 and does work quite well and is fairly bug free. I might look into adding f2fs support for it, since it's been shown to be quite a dramatic improvement over ext4 for the N7 2012.

Perks over the N7: micro sd, mini hdmi, rear facing camera with flash

Mine came looking brand new. For the price, absolutely nothing touches it. Yes, 1gb ram can really hurt, but it's quite capable otherwise.

Just the other week, it was the Hisense Sero 7 LT refurb being sold in this price range (albeit with a smaller rebate). While that tablet benches exceptionally well (relatively speaking), it's a true dog in actual use. Plus, the 1024x600 screen really hurts.

edit: heh, looks like the LT is back on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738001 it's currently listed as OOS but it's been known to pop in and out. Again, this one is definitely more suited for light duty or for a younger kid. The Pro is a much more serious tablet.

Until Bitcoins actually become mainstream, can this forum have a policy against including Bitcoin discounts in hot deals? Or at least a requirement that it be noted in the thread title like AR is seen now? Maybe a separate subforum for Bitcoin deals?

I'm curious how many readers of this forum actually use Bitcoins. I'm guessing very few.

Until Bitcoins actually become mainstream, can this forum have a policy against including Bitcoin discounts in hot deals? Or at least a requirement that it be noted in the thread title like AR is seen now? Maybe a separate subforum for Bitcoin deals?

I'm curious how many readers of this forum actually use Bitcoins. I'm guessing very few.

I would rather see a policy against rebates. At least the bitcoin discount is a sure thing.

I would rather see a policy against rebates. At least the bitcoin discount is a sure thing.

I think both are fine, but I wish there were a rule that you had to point it out both in the title and thread.

"Hisense Pro 7 Tablet $89 (-$40 MIR, -$10 BTC = $39)" as a thread title tells everyone who might potentially be interested everything they need to know.

Are there any wireless charging options for these (or similar)? I wouldn't mind using one as a dedicated remote (for XBMC primarily), but wouldn't want to hassle with having to plug it in all the time.

My biggest complaints with the Sero 7 Pro:

1. Lack of a thriving development community for third party ROMs. A few months ago there was nothing out there but the DoPa 2.0 ROM which was just vanilla AOSP Jelly Bean. Looks like now there are a few more options like LiquidSmooth and an updated DoPa 2.1 based off AOSP KitKat... so that's good. I hear LiquidSmooth runs like a dream on the Sero 7 Pro. :)

2. Extremely low built-in storage. 8GB of onboard flash, and a good portion of that is taken up by the OS, so you end up with like 5GB of storage for games and apps. The Tegra 3, although aging, is still a beast for most games and as a result you'll find yourself wanting to install lots of them only to be hampered by the pitiful amount of app storage.

As we all know, since ICS Google removed the ability to store apps on extra storage like the Micro SD card. There are a few paid app options that offer kludgy ways to move some of your apps to the SD card, but they're iffy at best and many of the games out today won't work right with these options.

Aside from those two negatives I actually am a big fan of the Sero 7 Pro, especially when I see deals for around $60 or so. I'm not going to comment on the BTC discounts because I think they're stupid.... It's the same reason I never post a deal with a mail-in rebate.... I think those are stupid too. :p

I have the Sero Pro and use it as a backup to my G Pad. I'm running Liquid Smooth and use FolderMount Pro with a 64GB SD card and have zero issues.

For this price its an absolute steal as it still has plenty of power for todays software. If it had a better screen it would be my go to device. IMHO the screen is the only weak point to the Sero.

Back