Hidden Message in Portal Update

It was the collective effort of thousands of nerds. The internet!

"but in groups they can reason, analyze situations, and use tactics as well as any of the organic races."

-Mass Effect Wiki

;)

For people (like me) who haven't even played Portal yet, I can't say the new ending means anything...

Then again, I don't know the old ending... Can you still get the old ending by playing the game?

Sigh, I can't believe I've taken some days off from work, and used the time to re-play Doom3... Guess I'd best download Portal finally... Game can't be too long, I see the speedrun of it's under 30 minutes...

For people (like me) who haven't even played Portal yet, I can't say the new ending means anything...

Then again, I don't know the old ending... Can you still get the old ending by playing the game?

Sigh, I can't believe I've taken some days off from work, and used the time to re-play Doom3... Guess I'd best download Portal finally... Game can't be too long, I see the speedrun of it's under 30 minutes...

Unless you know what you're doing, 30 minutes is impossible. It'll probably take you 1.5-2 hours.

Unless you know what you're doing, 30 minutes is impossible. It'll probably take you 1.5-2 hours.

Indeed. I've played Portal (and thus know all of the puzzle solutions) and that's about how long re-playing the whole game took me yesterday.

Indeed. I've played Portal (and thus know all of the puzzle solutions) and that's about how long re-playing the whole game took me yesterday.

Will I see the old ending, the new ending, or the old and then on a re-play the new?

(something I read sounds like some "achievement" is how you get the new ending, so the latter?)

From what I've seen, the new ending doesn't change much... maybe like 15 seconds at the very end. I wouldn't worry about it. The big fun comes right before that sequence.

Seems you're right.

Not done yet (level 17), but yeah, it's a pretty short game...

I do like how you stand there with a "WTF am I supposed to do now?" frustration 'til that "eureka!" moment where it's so obvious...

Back