Hey guys, been a while

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
Never wanted to come and make a post like this.

Haven't been around much, which sucks, but work, life, kids blah blah blah....have made folding less of a priority than I would like..... I know that's just another stupid excuse, we've heard them all over the years and I'm sure that there will be more. But see, here's the thing.

I just found out my Mom has ovarian cancer, and it looks pretty bad. We won't know how bad until she has surgery, which will be over the next day or so.

Now, I realize that this may look like some kind of attention whore "look at me, oh my life is horrible" thread, but that ain't it my friends, not at all. Hell, I don't even know most of you, it's been that long. Point is this... you'll never win this fight if you give up as easily as I did. You guys know that, your still folding...... and that's the point.

Thank you. Thank you for not giving up, thank you for doing what you can with what you have. Thank you for giving so much to help people you don't even know, and fighting for a cause more noble than any other I can think of right now. You guys are fucking hero's in my mind and deserve more thanks and more appreciation than you'll ever get.

I guess I just needed to come back here right now.... this has always been a special place, and I know it still is. Special people doing special work.

Fold On brothers and sisters, we all need you to, we really do.

Digital_Exhaust,

So very sorry to hear about your mom :(

Come back and hang out any time, you don't need to be folding to be here.

H.

Hey man, i'm very sorry to hear about your mom. I really hope that things will work in her favor. As said above, you don't need to fold to hang out here. Family is important and everyone except for the government has certain financial constraints they must live under.

Again, I wish your mom the best as something like that will be very stressful on the emotional health of all family members.

That's tough, thoughts and prayers for your mother. Hang in there.

[/raises glass] Here's to the cause for finding a cure [/lowers]

digital_exhaust was one of the "big" names around here when I was a mere noob so it's good to see you post here again. I wish all of the old timers would poke their head in here much more often.

Hey old man...

sending you some tamale love.

I hope all turns out well.

Last edited:
Best of luck to you and yours. Wish there was a way for us to crunch the numbers faster for you.

Thats tough to hear. Hopefully things work out for the best. Fold on!

Digi, good to see ya here, but wish it was a happier time for you and your family.

You need anything my friend, fire me a PM.

My thoughts and prayers are with your mom.

So I have a GTS250... is it worth firing up, or no? It's been so long since I looked at the clients and such I have no idea if I can even fold on this ancient card or not.....

Thanks for your wishes guys, really do appreciate them.

So I have a GTS250... is it worth firing up, or no? It's been so long since I looked at the clients and such I have no idea if I can even fold on this ancient card or not.....

Thanks for your wishes guys, really do appreciate them.

128 cuda cores, looks like it is a spiffed up 8800GT, so yeh, light it up!

Alright. Had a couple tamales and a few too many beers tonight, but I'm gonna see what I can do with this card tomorrow.

And please check back, I will have questions, I promise.

sorry to hear about your mom.... Will keep her and you in my prayers...

Alas that is why we fold....

Hey d.e.

I only know you from the past lists of DCer of the month, but once a [H]ardfolder always a [H]ardfolder in my humble opinion.

Not good news at all. Here is to you and yours in a difficult time. Make sure you tell your mum of the many people working hard on a cure. You are not alone.

digital_exhaust is a great name for a folder. The puns could go all day (and they did way back when, if memory serves correctly).

"You're going to be breathing my digital_exhaust"

"I'm getting out of the digital_exhaust"

"Suck my digital_exhaust"

etc etc

Wish your mom the best. Fire up that gpu! It should still pull some decent PPD and every little bit counts! :)

2.png

I expect folding puts out a significant amount of digital exhaust!

I sincerely wish your mother the best of health :(

Last edited:
"You're going to be breathing my digital_exhaust"

"I'm getting out of the digital_exhaust"

"Suck my digital_exhaust"

Most of his exhaust comes from his excessive consumption of tamales.

Are you stable yet?

No... duh;)

Look..... it was Cinco de Mayo yesterday, soooooo....... not much happened around casa de digital_exhaust that didn't involve a beer or a tamale, and I learned long ago that mixing celebratory beers with anything electronic is simply a stupid idea..... and as you well know, I am really good at doing stupid things.

Therefore, I decided it was in my, and my lone remaining boxens, best interest to spend the better part of my day on the veranda, enjoying a few beers and the sun while healing up..... see, my appendix asploded the day after April fools day, and I'll tell you what my friends, this is a recovery I will never forget.

Mom has an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon to "discuss her options"..... pretty tense waiting, but time is what it is. I imagine I'll be up and crunching by this afternoon, assuming all goes well. Thanks for checking in.....

Oh good stuff. Glad you relaxed yesterday.

Good luck with the appendix and your mom. Keep us updated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Working on WU number three and nothings exploded yet...... looks good so far.

Beers and Tamales man.

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Beers and Tamales man.

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wow.... dude, now this is something else right here. Beers and tamales to you too.

And thanks, I sincerely appreciate it.

EDIT....

And.... HOLY CRAP! Not a big deal by the standards around here, but I've turned in almost 2k in the last six or so hours..... at this pace I'll actually hit 2 million before I'm 45!!

Last edited:
Wow.... dude, now this is something else right here. Beers and tamales to you too.

And thanks, I sincerely appreciate it.

EDIT....

And.... HOLY CRAP! Not a big deal by the standards around here, but I've turned in almost 2k in the last six or so hours..... at this pace I'll actually hit 2 million before I'm 45!!

You can always enter for the current giveaway! ;)

Figured I should update this, especially since it's good news!

Surgery went well today. Doc is confident that they got 99% of what they needed to get taken care of. There are a few spots on her liver that don't look so good, but they couldn't do anything surgically about that, hoping the chemo will do it's job there.

Anyhow, time will tell. She's uncomfortable, but resting and doing as well as can be expected. Hopefully everything that lies in store over the coming months goes as well as today has.

Thanks again guys..... and beers and tamales!

Hey D_E, good to see you again in these parts, and especially glad to hear the better news! Keep the faith man,and we'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Ax

Happy for you both.

Wish her a speed recovery from all of us!

Back