Heroes Of Stalingrad

Yossarian22

[H]ard|Gawd
Fuck this game.
Seriously. When your core gameplay mechanic is something that can be emulated with cardboard boxes and nerf guns not to mention it doesn't even work properly (very buggy)!

Also, people with different graphic settings can see through smoke and your silhouette like 500m away. Awesome! No muzzle flash either. Where did I get shot from? No clue.
Oh well, time to run into the meat grinder forever equipped with a bolt-action!

I'm sick and tired of this cover/peek/hide mechanic games are so goddamn fond of nowadays. I'm just going to take my toys home, now. :mad:

*goes home to play IL-2: 1946*

who cares? there already is a red orchestra 2 thread, ever thought of posting your massive whine there?

It's not even on the first page.

Just like the game! SMOKE! SMOKE! MORE SMOKE! CAN'T SEE SHIT! but the guys who have their drivers and settings tuned can see your silhouette!

The game has the ability to be fun, probably not on a pub or 64 player server, though.
Also need fixing is the cover mechanic/holding breath/sighting, it messes up every single time.

I do get a great reward from doing a wrist snap bolt action shot, though. You know the guy on the other end is cursing you out. :)

But really though, RO2 can't decide if it wants to be milsim or CoD, so it sticks somewhere in the middle with this weird cover mechanic that works half-the-time (but most players know where to expect you peeking from - so you get shot anyway)
that is bugged and needs fixin'.

ARMA II + ACE mod a good game does make.

Red Orchestra 2 is a fantastic game. Most people just start ranting at it because of two reasons. One is legit: it's a little buggy to get running correctly (I am lucky and don't have this problem) Two: They can't stop dying for about 10 hours straight until they figure out it's an extremely tactical game. You can get shot from anywhere.

What's even more funny is comparing it to ARMA II because THAT engine is 100x more buggy IMO.

what stops you from turning to lower settings as well? im eagerly awaiting to buy this game once it comes to stores (paypalmindf*ck). if you dont like it, dont play it, stop whining, noone cares

Some graphical bugs I've found on low settings, but none that have given me any distinct advantage.

Also, muzzle flash isn't actually all that common, depending on the weapon and cartridge being fired. It's a semi-realistic game, broe.

Quite possibly the buggiest game I've ever played.

I started making a list, but gave up at about item 200.

Only people that whine about RO2 suck at it.

The game is awesome, it's hardcore, just practice, learn the maps and you'll love it.. Or you can whine about it more. up to you

Not gonna cheese you for posting outside the main thread because think this kinda stuff just gets lost in the mix though I have heard the same thing in the main thread. I was gonna buy it on launch but the youtube gameplay didnt look too hot and I've heard almost universally bad input. I'll wait for a sale.

The game is awesome, it's hardcore, just practice, learn the maps and you'll love it.. Or you can whine about it more. up to you

I suck pretty bad at it but think it's awesome! :p It is not for everyone, and clearly not for the OP either. Think he should move on. I usually have a low level of tolerance for frustration "IRL", but for some reason I'll put up with this game for the satisfying kills I occasionally make.

I've seen some stuttering in menus, but no real bugs. /anecdotal evidence

Great game, it has a few bugs but not any more than the typical PC launch. The difference is the devs have made at least 4 updates since release to fix issues one at a time. You can't ask for a better dev team that is trying to help it's user base. TWI is the best PC dev team to date.

The game is a blast and is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. As other have said it does have a few bugs that will get worked out but most people that don't like this game suck at it and are better off playing COD.

I do get a great reward from doing a wrist snap bolt action shot, though. You know the guy on the other end is cursing you out. :)

Not as good as my 225m pistol shot through smoke by accident! (was shooting at the smoke up some stairs incase someone came through :D) Wish i'd screencapped that :(

Completely ignore the performance issues, just like the president of TWI. Let me paraphrase what he is saying about these problems.

"Your hardware is too old. You are used to console ports. Our game is way too good looking and amazing for you to get acceptable FPS... upgrade".

The console port thing is subjective so thats hit or miss... But the hardward could well be. People are are playing it on highest settings on laptops or aged older video cards and being surprised at their slideshows (I know of people doing this exact thing), so I would be unsurprised if this is 50/50% people just doing it all wrong.

The game isn't the worlds most optimized, but generally you can turn down settings to match, especially on 64 player servers.

Does this game have muzzle flash?

The console port thing is subjective so thats hit or miss... But the hardward could well be. People are are playing it on highest settings on laptops or aged older video cards and being surprised at their slideshows (I know of people doing this exact thing), so I would be unsurprised if this is 50/50% people just doing it all wrong.

The game isn't the worlds most optimized, but generally you can turn down settings to match, especially on 64 player servers.

Does this game have muzzle flash?

My friend has an i7, 6950 and 4 gb of RAM, on high he gets LOW fps.. I mean like 20. This is completely unacceptable for an unreal 3 engine game. Just check their forums, people with 580's and 2600k's getting horrific fps. They are all told the same thing "Upgrade, this isn't a console port". If every single game, even the more demanding ones, runs completely fine... why is this game shitting the bed? Get real guys, this game does NOT look as good as everyone says. It looks fine, not amazing, not astounding, not super duper awesome, just fine.

Last edited:
Get real guys, this game does NOT look as good as everyone says. It looks fine, not amazing, not astounding, not super duper awesome, just fine.

Ya I am not impressed with the visuals. They aren't horrible but the people who are saying they are "Best EVAR!" are just fanboying and trying to promote the game unrealistically. The graphics are acceptable, you won't go and say "Oh god this looks so outdated!" but they really aren't that slick.

In terms of performance though... They do seem to have issues. The game doesn't run all that hot on my system, which is a 2600k, 16GB of RAM and a GTX570. No it isn't the highest of the high end, but that is still pretty high end and very modern hardware. If it has trouble on that, that is not a good thing.

I'm all for telling people to upgrade when they really do have old stuff, but you have to run reasonably well on newer midrange hardware. You can't demand everyone have ultra high end SLI rigs, nor can you demand everyone have the very latest gen technology, that's not realistic.

As a simple example: Looking at the Steam hardware survey, which is a good measure of gamer systems, only 5.6% have DirectX 11 GPUs. That means that the majority of PC gamers are using something older than the GTX 400 series. It may well be good hardware, might be a GTX285 or something which is still a respectable performer, but it isn't latest gen, or even 1 gen old.

All that aside, the fact that the game doesn't perform that well, even on latest gen hardware says to me it is lacking in the optimizations a bit.

Has anyone seen any good performance benchmarking of this game? (I cant find any good ones)

I preordered it, but was tied up replaying the original Deus EX, so I just fired it up for the first time today.

My dual 6970s in crossfire are not quite performing as I'd hoped at 2560x1600.

What are you guys seeing?

Back