- Joined
- Jun 22, 2006
- Messages
- 1,830
Hi guys, I'm planning to build my second build and I need your help. I recently ordered Antec P180 case and I'm going to put water cooling in it, I want to cut the hole for 2 120mm fans or radiator.
Thing is P180 is made with 2 component, walls are made of 0.8 mm steel and 2.5 mm plastic
Here is the picture and work I done so far.

I do have a Craftsman rotary tool
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img10931lw.jpg (bought it on eBay for only 30$ if you want, PM me I can give you the seller, he sells them everyday)
I do have cutting wheels, here are the pics...




Also I have Tungsten Carbide Cutter, I tried to cut with it but it doesnt realy cuts the metal...

So far I'm taking off the plastic with regular bit and it works out great
after I will remove the plastic I will need to cut the metal. Since I dont know which cutting wheel to use I would need your advice on that.
If any one had experience with rotary tool, pls reply.
Thnx for your help.
(my english is not that good, hope its not a problem)
Thing is P180 is made with 2 component, walls are made of 0.8 mm steel and 2.5 mm plastic
Here is the picture and work I done so far.

I do have a Craftsman rotary tool
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img10931lw.jpg (bought it on eBay for only 30$ if you want, PM me I can give you the seller, he sells them everyday)
I do have cutting wheels, here are the pics...




Also I have Tungsten Carbide Cutter, I tried to cut with it but it doesnt realy cuts the metal...

So far I'm taking off the plastic with regular bit and it works out great
If any one had experience with rotary tool, pls reply.
Thnx for your help.
(my english is not that good, hope its not a problem)