• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with external dl dvd error

tnt3k

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
2,129
Hi everyone, I hope you could help me with a problem I'm having currently. I just bought an ASUS ul80vt but unfortunately it doesn't come with a DL dvd. I bought a DL dvd drive from microcenter: model LG GH22NS40 and hooked it up via USB. I have used imgburn before with this drive and burned DVDs fine. I have tried 2.4X and same error. When i try to burn a dual layer (with verbatim media) it says: set L0 Data zone capacity failed! Reason: the semaphore timout period has expired (whatever this means) I push cancel and it pops up another error: DeviceIoControl (IOCTL_CDROM_EXCLUSIVE_ACCESS, Unlock) Failed! Device _____ (my device) Unable to unlock volume for exclusive access. Reason: Access denied.

I 22:51:22 ImgBurn Version 2.5.2.0 started!
I 22:51:22 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
I 22:51:22 Total Physical Memory: 4,158,488 KB - Available: 2,735,092 KB
W 22:51:23 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.
I 22:51:23 Initialising SPTI...
I 22:51:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 22:51:23 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N MR03 (E:) (ATAPI)
I 22:51:23 -> Drive 2 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 NL02 (G:) (USB)
I 22:51:23 Found 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!
I 22:56:48 Operation Started!
I 22:56:48 Source File: D:\*********************************************(ommitted what I was burning just in case it violates the rules)
I 22:56:48 Source File Sectors: 3,827,488 (MODE1/2048)
I 22:56:48 Source File Size: 7,838,695,424 bytes
I 22:56:48 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM
I 22:56:48 Source File Volume Set Identifier: 356fc000MS UDFBridge
I 22:56:48 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)
I 22:56:48 Source File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF
I 22:56:48 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.50)
I 22:56:48 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 NL02 (G:) (USB)
I 22:56:48 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x)
I 22:56:48 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824
I 22:56:48 Write Mode: DVD
I 22:56:48 Write Type: DAO
I 22:56:48 Write Speed: 4x
I 22:56:48 Link Size: Auto
I 22:56:48 Lock Volume: Yes
I 22:56:48 Test Mode: No
I 22:56:48 OPC: No
I 22:56:48 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 22:56:48 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
I 22:56:48 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
I 22:56:48 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760
W 22:57:11 Device Removal Detected!
W 22:57:11 The device list will be refreshed at the next available opportunity.
E 22:57:59 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed! - Reason: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
E 22:59:50 Failed to unlock drive from exclusive access.
E 22:59:50 Reason: Access is denied.
E 22:59:50 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:11
I 22:59:50 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A
I 22:59:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 22:59:51 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N MR03 (E:) (ATAPI)
I 22:59:51 -> Drive 2 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 NL02 (G:) (USB)
I 22:59:51 Found 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!


Please help! anything would be helpful! If there is any additional info you need, I'd gladly provide it. Thanks for helping
 
When i try to burn a dual layer (with verbatim media) it says: set L0 Data zone capacity failed! Reason: the semaphore timout period has expired
But before that you have an "W 22:57:11 Device Removal Detected!" error.

Then it looks like it can't find the drive and that's when the timeout period expires?

What's up with that?

You may get more indepth info from reading the .dmp files.

I'm just shooting in the dark here.....as usual. :D
 
Back
Top