• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! running hot wo/overclocking

Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
17
I've got a intel E7200 with a OCZ Vanquisher that peaking at about 64 C
I also have asus P5k/EPU in a NZXT lexa Blackline and my mobo is hitting 52 C
 
Your problem could be any number of things:
- Poor airflow layout and cable mangement
- Poor fans
- Poor seating of the Heatsink
- Software inaccuracy (What Software are you using to monitor the temps anyway?)
- High ambient temperatures (What are your ambient or surrounding temps?)
- Overvoltage of the CPU and motherboard
 
I've got a intel E7200 with a OCZ Vanquisher that peaking at about 64 C

If under load and you have not disabled EIST/speedstep that is perfectly normal. That cooler has a pwm fan whose speed is controlled by the bios.

I also have asus P5k/EPU in a NZXT lexa Blackline and my mobo is hitting 52 C

That is also mostl likely perfectly normal. I am assuming that is a temp reading from the bios. Contact Asus or do a search and find out exactly where and what that sensor is reading. I bet it is near the power mosfets or the MCH/northbridge, see Danny's comments above.
 
well the surrounding is between 24 and 28 c and my cables for my mobo are obstructing some what but not by much. i have double and triple check the heatsink. it seem sung and is working fine. and as far as what program I've been using AI suite and PC probe 2. I've talked to the ppl where i bought it and they said P35 at 50c is a little warm.
Like i said b4 everything is stock voltage and clock speeds.
 
Ok use Speedfan, CoreTemp and Realtemp to get the temperatures of your PC. The three programs I've mentioned are a bit more trustworthy than the two programs you tried.
 
Back
Top