• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HelioX: Not responding to PMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cksnipe

n00b
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
16
HelioX

I purchased a megahalems HSF (looks like it was edited and removed from the thread) from HelioX a couple weeks ago. When I received it, it was in pretty bad shape; heatpipes were warped, many fins were bent/broken. I contacted him about it, showed him pictures, and he was very responsive, agreeing to give me a refund the following Friday and telling me to trash it. However, I never received the refund, and he will not respond to my pms (I have pm'd him 2-3 times throughout this past week with no response even though he is online and responded in other threads.


08-17-2010, 11:27 AM
HelioX Limp Gawd, 3 Months

HelioX is online now
Re: Parts
The HSF will be arriving today.

1ZE077R90305038702
Forward Message

08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
HelioX Limp Gawd, 3 Months

HelioX is online now
Re: Parts
Picture please.
Forward Message

08-17-2010, 08:31 PM
HelioX Limp Gawd, 3 Months

HelioX is online now
Re: Parts
Wow, that looks like shit.

I did not send it out that way....UPS must have f***ed it up. Was it packaged OK? I let them do it.

08-17-2010, 09:13 PM
HelioX Limp Gawd, 3 Months

HelioX is online now
Re: Parts
Nah, don't worry about it.

Just toss it in the trash, I'll refund your 45 on Friday.
 
Just to interject here; I've bought and sold quite a bit from HelioX; and he's been nothing but a great guy with me. I can't speak for your transaction, but I'm sure he'll make right with you.
 
I don't know what to tell you to be honest; hopefully I don't regret sticking my neck out for him.
 
I helped him a bit on the HD5870 complaint thread in this section. He could just be overwhelmed by the (on forum) sales process (and all of the communication involved).

Just request a refund through PayPal. It's the easiest way.
 
Maybe he just hasn't seen the PM notification in the top right. I know there's been times where I log in multiple times and I just don't notice that I have PM's. That changed when I allowed the forums to send me an email when I get a message. Hopefully this thread gets his attention though and this gets sorted out.
 
Maybe he just hasn't seen the PM notification in the top right. I know there's been times where I log in multiple times and I just don't notice that I have PM's. That changed when I allowed the forums to send me an email when I get a message. Hopefully this thread gets his attention though and this gets sorted out.

lol. there is another setting to make a dialog box popup if you get a new PM.
User CP-->Edit Options-->Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
 
Hey its pretty simple ive been down this road before.I would open up a dispute right now then give him maybe 2 are 3 days for the refund if no answer give him a negative i bet he will answer then and you can always contact heatware to remove it.Thats all there is to it and i would be nice to him either way.Dont waste your time follow the steps ive told you and i hope you didnt pay wth a paypal gift.I hope all comes through ok.I notice that the forum is ate up with things like this.Good Luck and let us know the out come.
 
lol. there is another setting to make a dialog box popup if you get a new PM.
User CP-->Edit Options-->Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

I'm well aware of that. But that doesn't mean he uses it. I just use the email notifications because I have my email linked to my phone so it just makes things easier.
 
I'm well aware of that. But that doesn't mean he uses it. I just use the email notifications because I have my email linked to my phone so it just makes things easier.

Nice :)

Does it have a preview of the message itself? I'm not always in a 24/7 internet area with convinient time.
 
I hate it when dealing online and someone doesn't respond. Most of the time its just them being inconsiderate and respond at their own lesuire like my last and current purchases.
 
Nice :)

Does it have a preview of the message itself? I'm not always in a 24/7 internet area with convinient time.

Actually, it gives the full message in the email. However you can't respond to them through email, which would be even more cool.
 
You should contact UPS for a refund on this item. I took the HSF, and mounting hardware to a UPS store, they packaged it up and sent it off. When it got there, uber fucked up....and neither him nor I can prove otherwise.
 
You already told me to toss the HSF and that you would refund me. How am I supposed to contact UPS to request a refund? According to UPS, although either party can report damage, the shipper is the one that goes through the claims process. If you are certain that this is UPS's fault, I would appreciate it if you refund me and take on the claims process with them. I will provide you photos if necessary.

Also, why did you not respond to any of my pms?
 
You should contact UPS for a refund on this item. I took the HSF, and mounting hardware to a UPS store, they packaged it up and sent it off. When it got there, uber fucked up....and neither him nor I can prove otherwise.

Personally I believe it should be something you should do. It's your job to make sure it gets to him in one piece (assuming he/you paid for insurance). You both acknowledge that it arrived damaged but there is no way to prove who did the packaging/damage to the item so pretty much in no way should cksnipe be left to do all the work to get his money back because there isn't any fault that he did.

I know both sides can file a damage report but I think although I am not positive but only the shipper will receive the refund.

Also do you (cksnipe) have all the packaging and contents? you will need that for a claim.
 
Last edited:
Personally I believe it should be something you should do. It's your job to make sure it gets to him in one piece (assuming he/you paid for insurance).

I know both sides can file a damage report but I think although I am not positive but only the shipper will receive the refund.

No insurance. . .
 
Here is the info on UPS.com with the tracking number:

Tracking Number: 1ZE077R90305038702
Ship Date: 08/10/2010
Service: GROUND
Weight: 3.10 LBS
Number of Packages: 1
Declared Value: 101.00 USD
Status: Delivered
Signed By: BOYCE
Delivery Date: 08/17/2010
 
Personally I believe it should be something you should do. It's your job to make sure it gets to him in one piece (assuming he/you paid for insurance).

I know both sides can file a damage report but I think although I am not positive but only the shipper will receive the refund.

yeah, IIRC the shipper is the beneficiary of any resolution from shipping damage, and I also believe that it's the shipper's responsibility to make sure stuff is packed right, it's actually a point of pride with many of the top notch sellers I've dealt with, trying to pass the buck/assign blame elsewhere when you are the one ultimately responsible is hardly acceptable, involving a 3rd party for anything but the payment and actual shipping is just bad practice, just like almost everything else in life, if you want to make sure it's done right it's best to do it yourself...

saying one thing (trash it and I'll refund you) and then changing your mind/story is gonna raise a few red flags here as well, if that's what he said to him, then just do it...period...end of story...

EDIT: hell, if the declared value is $101 and you refund him $45, you'll come out ahead $55 anyway when you get the $100 check from UPS...
 
Last edited:
This is like the 4th thread this week of people complaining about this seller, I guessing there is a trend here.
 
yeah, IIRC the shipper is the beneficiary of any resolution from shipping damage, and I also believe that it's the shipper's responsibility to make sure stuff is packed right, it's actually a point of pride with many of the top notch sellers I've dealt with, trying to pass the buck/assign blame elsewhere when you are the one ultimately responsible is hardly acceptable, involving a 3rd party for anything but the payment and actual shipping is just bad practice, just like almost everything else in life, if you want to make sure it's done right it's best to do it yourself...

saying one thing (trash it and I'll refund you) and then changing your mind/story is gonna raise a few red flags here as well, if that's what you said to him, then just do it...period...end of story...

EDIT: hell, if the declared value is $101 and you refund him $45, you'll come out ahead $55 anyway when you get the $100 check from UPS...

but good luck trying to get UPS trying to cut you a check... their claims process is still hard and difficult to prove that the shipping did damage(eg they can say you didn't pack it right even if you took it to a UPS store etc. and deny your claim)
 
Last edited:
This is like the 4th thread this week of people complaining about this seller, I guessing there is a trend here.

Agreed. Once is an accident. This is a trend.

What is even more amazing is everyone is so afraid of conflict that nobody is leaving negative heat.

OP: Open the paypal dispute now. It should have been done the second the item arrived in poor condition. You are only hurting yourself by waiting and you can always close it if the seller makes it right to you.
 
but good luck trying to get UPS trying to cut you a check... their claims process is still hard and difficult to prove that the shipping did damage(eg they can say you didn't pack it right even if you took it to a UPS store etc. and deny your claim)

the UPS store packed the product, so that would be brought up during the claim process...

EDIT: this is also looking really shady, the seller is allegedly linked to several accounts (4...? really...? someone can create that many accounts...?), some of which have had some pretty troubling histories on [H] in regards to trading, and as far as I've seen these allegations have some substance, linking the same email address to different accounts and such, I understand that the poster of some of those TTT threads went too far in regards to contacting his place of employment, but that doesn't wipe his slate clean and make him a good trader by default does it...? his history as a trader seems pretty clear cut, he trades, things start to go south, he creates a new account, starts trading again, problems arise yet again, yada, yada, yada...you know the rest, it seems to be an endless cycle, the minimal feedback he has on heat suggests that he does the same there as well...

this is pretty unsettling for those of us who like to trade here...or at least for me it is, or maybe I'm way off base here...?
 
Last edited:
the UPS store packed the product, so that would be brought up during the claim process...

UPS does anything to get out of a claim. Google something like UPS+store+claim+denied and you'll see

Example 1
Had there been a negative star, this particular UPS Store definitely would have sank into that category.

This incident happened in 2005, yet the horror still burns in my brain.

So I went to this UPS Store to get my 90 lb package professionally wrapped to be sent via UPS ground to go from South San Francisco to Los Angeles. It gets there DAMAGED. I file a claim, only to have it DENIED because the package was not sufficiently packed. (According to the Customer Service Rep, the package should have been wrapped to UPS Published Standards, meaning that 2 inches of Bubble wrap and packing peanuts was not suffice).

Interesting, considering I had gone to a UPS Store to get the thing packed and bought $4500 of insurance to cover the item. Then UPS Customer Service Representative tells me that because I shipped it under my shipping account, they're not accountable.

and you need the original packaging and item... most likely the buyer threw those away

and paypal disputes wont work here. Seller has a tracking number that says delivered, and thats what paypal needs to rule in the seller's favor. (on ebay, its different; buyer almost always wins there)

therefore, the ball is in HelioX's court... what do you want to do?
 
therefore, the ball is in HelioX's court... what do you want to do?

Regardless of others' experiences, it would be wrong for HelioX to not file a claim and let them make a determination first.

It's wrong to suggest to HelioX must just refund the money, and that he cannot bother with the claims process.

If the claim's denied, and he already stated beforehand that he'd refund, then he should refund at that time.

But I support HelioX being allowed to try the claim process first.
 
I don't understand what you're saying about doing the claims process first before refunding. He already said that he would refund me, so he would be refunding me whether the claim goes through or not (what is the point in waiting?). The claim money goes to him, the shipper, not to me.

Tolyngee: what motivation does he have to submit a claim if he already has my money?

Either way, HelioX has posted in this thread, however he still has not responded to my pms. Even if I were to submit the claim request, I would need his cooperation (requires his address)
 
Regardless of others' experiences, it would be wrong for HelioX to not file a claim and let them make a determination first.

It's wrong to suggest to HelioX must just refund the money, and that he cannot bother with the claims process.

If the claim's denied, and he already stated beforehand that he'd refund, then he should refund at that time.

But I support HelioX being allowed to try the claim process first.

if you read the the PM posted you would see that he said he would refund the money and for him to throw away the item, so why does he not have to refund him the money?

seems pretty clear cut to me.
 
Regardless of others' experiences, it would be wrong for HelioX to not file a claim and let them make a determination first.

It's wrong to suggest to HelioX must just refund the money, and that he cannot bother with the claims process.

If the claim's denied, and he already stated beforehand that he'd refund, then he should refund at that time.

But I support HelioX being allowed to try the claim process first.

he said he'd refund...then he should send the refund and then deal with the claim process himself because...

1. if the claim goes through he is the one who gets the money...

2. whether the claim is accepted or denied, even you admit that in the end he should refund, why make the buyer wait...?

3. waiting for the claim process just means that there will have to be even more communication, and he's already proven himself unreliable in that regard...
 
This is like the 4th thread this week of people complaining about this seller, I guessing there is a trend here.

well, one of them was just a true messup, and was easily resolved. But you are right, this is a lot.
 
if you read the the PM posted you would see that he said he would refund the money and for him to throw away the item, so why does he not have to refund him the money?

seems pretty clear cut to me.

I know he said that, which is why I said what I said. Said he said he would refund, he should refund.

But what was being suggested was that HelioX not even submit a claim. That is also wrong.

I don't understand what you're saying about doing the claims process first before refunding. He already said that he would refund me, so he would be refunding me whether the claim goes through or not (what is the point in waiting?). The claim money goes to him, the shipper, not to me.

Tolyngee: what motivation does he have to submit a claim if he already has my money?

Either way, HelioX has posted in this thread, however he still has not responded to my pms. Even if I were to submit the claim request, I would need his cooperation (requires his address)

He already has your money either way. That's why you're filing a Paypal dispute.

But I would hope both would cooperate in a claim's process.

If he just gives you back your money, what's your motivation to cooperate in the claim?

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but I'm also sensing HelioX being pressured into not filing a claim with UPS and just eating it. I don't understand how, but his agreeing to just do a refund does suggest he might not have been aware it was automatically by default insured for up to $100.

What if UPS determined it really wasn't their shipping or packaging at all?

Do I think something's sounding shady about HelioX? YES.

Do I think a UPS store would pack and ship a broken item, or completely refuse a claim on principle alone for a package they packed? No, not by my experience. Not my experience at all.

So, if everyone else agrees that HelioX needs to give the money back before the claim, then so be it, and maybe that's the way it works. But since the buyer also has to cooperate, the same argument applies. HelioX may need the $45 more than I do, so I'd let the claims process conclude before I demand money.

But either way I just do not like anyone being pressured into not doing the appropriate thing and filing a claim. HelioX should file a claim.

Personally, I would take his refusal/reluctance to file a claim as even more shady. He has to file one. Why wouldn't he want his money back as well?

(I can't believe I found a way to argue for both sides... I'll shut up now, but I do know NobleX13 put his neck out for the guy, so that's still in the back of my mind... But anyone should go through the claims process...)
 
I filed the a paypal dispute, but a dispute for not as described get's dropped, so the seller is not forced to refund.

Tolyngee: I actually went through the whole claims process and filled out everything, but he is not responding to me, so I can't get his address to complete it. I already said that I'd be happy to cooperate with the claims process and took initiative to do so (just because it is the right thing to do; not everyone needs some kind of monetary motivation to do the right thing) On the other hand, you're right, I don't understand why he told me to file a claim, but is not responsive in that regard.

I'm waiting for HelioX to respond; using paypal dispute is not an option because as was mentioned earlier, it is only good for whether or not the item was shipped. The case has already been closed by paypal because they do not cover "not as described" claims.
 
Guys, this is not a discussion thread,if your not involved, or don't have information relevant to this deal, please don't post .

I will ask that HelioX post his side here, and hopefully he and the buyer can work this out
 
I still haven't heard back from HelioX and I'm looking to file a claim in his local small claims court. Some of you have messaged me regarding similar situations with Mr. Melchionna. If any more of you have experiences with him and have evidence, please let me know and we can gather some things together. I don't know how many people he has scammed, but it seems that it is at least many hundreds of dollars if not thousands worth.
 
Just FYI but HelioX was posting on HardForum yesterday. If he has not responded to PMs or posted in this thread I doubt he is going to.

(Just your friendly neighborhood poster trying to help)
 
I know Sparkle went too far in his thread by contacting this guy's employer, but there is a lot of valuable info in that thread regarding this guy's supposed 4 or 5 accounts on [H]ere if you dig [H]ard enough, hopefully that post doesn't get deleted...

too may "coincidences" to ignore imo...good luck to all involved...
 
He has been contacted and instructed to reply to this thread. The duplicate accounts that were mentioned have been deleted. Hopefully this can be settled amicably.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top