• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

hehe. Nvidia powerpoint presentation on crossfire...

Netrat33 said:
Gee this looks real too


Mainly because I really disbelieve Nvidia is going to have such a SHITTY looking PP presentation!

Holy crap!? did they just use scissors to cut out (forgot the name of the new nvidia girl)

They're making fun of ATi's "paper launches"...get it? it's a "paper" nalu!
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
No, they should make up for it. But not by making really really lame Powerpoint presentations (if this presentation is even made by nVidia, eww just look how they tried to paste the nVidia girl in there, I doubt that is anyone at nVidia's work) about how ATi is "soooooo far" behind them and how ATi's new hardware is going to be so icky/nasty.

Yes, I am strange, and I am 10 (and a half :p) lol that aside.

NV30 wasn't just second best, it was like ick man I don't even wanna think about that. When I had my FX 5600 I just wanted to break it in half and call it a day you know. It made me not want to game for a long time since I couldn't afford anything else. It (NV30) was late too, just like R520 is now but you didnt see ATi making childing presentations about how shitty/and or behind it is their technology at the time.

Edit: is it just me or are the forums running in slow motion this morning?

Yeah, definitely slow motion...

About the "childish presentations"...you have a wonderfully selective memory:

bsbingo1.jpg

bsbingo2.jpg

bsbingo3.jpg
 
^eMpTy^ said:
Yeah, definitely slow motion...
About the "childish presentations"...you have a wonderfully selective memory:

I can't say that I have seen that presentation before, sorry (and no I'm not just saying that I haven't seen it, I really haven't) but I've gotta say, neither company should be trying to "diss" each other with links to The Inq, that's just like using hacks lol.
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I can't say that I have seen that presentation before, sorry (and no I'm not just saying that I haven't seen it, I really haven't) but I've gotta say, neither company should be trying to "diss" each other with links to The Inq, that's just like using hacks lol.

I have the exact opposite opinion...I love that nvidia and ati fight dirty...non-stop entertainment...:)
 
^eMpTy^ said:
They're making fun of ATi's "paper launches"...get it? it's a "paper" nalu!

I..guess. I mean they could have done it better if that's what they were trying to say. It just looks REALLy unprofessional so I don't believe it's nvidia. All those slides are.

*shrug*
 
Netrat33 said:
I..guess. I mean they could have done it better if that's what they were trying to say. It just looks REALLy unprofessional so I don't believe it's nvidia. All those slides are.

*shrug*

Well I don't think techpowerup would post them if they didn't get them from a reliable source...and the rest of the powerpoint looks perfectly normal to me...I see no reason not to believe it was made by nvidia...
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I can't say that I have seen that presentation before, sorry (and no I'm not just saying that I haven't seen it, I really haven't) but I've gotta say, neither company should be trying to "diss" each other with links to The Inq, that's just like using hacks lol.


thats because thats not an ATI presentation empty just posted. Its from a european Nvidia confrence, someone with a sense of humor emailed that to everyone there. ATI wasnt connected to that. Completely third party.
 
They're making fun of ATi's "paper launches"...get it? it's a "paper" nalu!

Isn''t Nalu the mermaid from the 6xxx series? I think this one's called Luna. I remember the nVidia guy messing up on her name during the Sony press conference video at E3.
 
Shifra said:
thats because thats not an ATI presentation empty just posted. Its from a european Nvidia confrence, someone with a sense of humor emailed that to everyone there. ATI wasnt connected to that. Completely third party.

oo..... psst in UYOR F4C3 ^empty^! lmao
 
^eMpTy^ said:
Right, and that's why I said "I think he meant the xt pe"...once again, the reading comprehension issue is yours...

Again, I was just trying to clarify the situation...but you want to insist that the x850xtpe is available for significantly less than the GTX...and that's fine, I don't disagree with you...all I'm saying is that ATi's high end cards are currently overpriced and they're going to have to make a lot of changes once R520 comes out...

So now you're a mind reader? Im sure now he will come in and say that, to help you out. The post he was replying to, said X850. He said X850XT, not the PE. In any case, I was right by telling him that the XT is cheaper than the GTX. Correcting his mistake. So you trying to correct me is silly.

"but you want to insist that the x850xtpe is available for significantly less than the GTX." I never said that. You tell me my reading comprehension is bad? The XT/PE isnt as cheap as it was months ago, for whatever reason. But I never said in this thread that the XT/PE is
"significantly less" than the GTX. Please dont put words in my mouth.
 
Endurancevm said:
Are you people morons?!

They are comparing 7800GTX SLI with previous technology such as the X850. We'll se nVidia talk once the R520 crossfires are out.

That said, nVidia's SLI technology did come out to be the first multi-GPU rendering, but ATI's crossfire offers the use of different X800 and X850's combos and X1800's. It also offers 3 different modes of multi-GPU rendering.

Then again, we'll have to wait and see nVidia's SLI2.

P.S. That is a really bad render cutout on that first slide. It doesn't look that nVidia did that. It looks like a 5yr old at home that new to PS did it.

NO SHIT! what are they going to compare to? R520 isnt even out yet. They are comparing whats out there. not whats coming? and Frankly the powerpoint speaks the truth. Ati's crossfire is outdated and ATI needs to modify it. All this talk about mix matching cards in crossfire is BS. you still need a "Crossfire" edition card for the crossfire to work.
 
Wow Fallguy. Using that "logic" means we all should start comparing ATI's X800 XL to NV's 6600 GT. :rolleyes:

The guy was wrong in the comparison he was trying to make and was later corrected but you continue to try and "spread more ignorance" by insisting on comparing the XL to a GTX.
 
Maybe it's a drawn conclusion from the limit of 16x12 res? I would think that lower WS resolutions would be fine.
 
So now you're a mind reader? Im sure now he will come in and say that, to help you out. The post he was replying to, said X850. He said X850XT, not the PE. In any case, I was right by telling him that the XT is cheaper than the GTX. Correcting his mistake. So you trying to correct me is silly.

"but you want to insist that the x850xtpe is available for significantly less than the GTX." I never said that. You tell me my reading comprehension is bad? The XT/PE isnt as cheap as it was months ago, for whatever reason. But I never said in this thread that the XT/PE is
"significantly less" than the GTX. Please dont put words in my mouth.

This is where a little common sense could help. Why on Earth do you think he'd compare the ATI's current second (I dunno if its second but oh well) best to nVidia's current best? It isn't mind reading, just common sense. You should know that he meant something along the lines of "Price comparison between the best versus the best". Even though you proved that you can get an X850XT for less than a GTX, its no different than proving that an X800XT is less than a GTX. Taking his comment word-for-word doesn't always help you look better in an argument.
 
fallguy said:
So now you're a mind reader? Im sure now he will come in and say that, to help you out. The post he was replying to, said X850. He said X850XT, not the PE. In any case, I was right by telling him that the XT is cheaper than the GTX. Correcting his mistake. So you trying to correct me is silly.

"but you want to insist that the x850xtpe is available for significantly less than the GTX." I never said that. You tell me my reading comprehension is bad? The XT/PE isnt as cheap as it was months ago, for whatever reason. But I never said in this thread that the XT/PE is
"significantly less" than the GTX. Please dont put words in my mouth.

Yep, I AM a mind reader...though for some reason I'm drawing a blank from you...go figure...;)
 
^eMpTy^ said:
Yep, I AM a mind reader...though for some reason I'm drawing a blank from you...go figure...;)
LOL, he PMed me last night to try and gloat. It's rather pathetic and should me how much of a fan boy he is.
 
CrimandEvil said:
LOL, he PMed me last night to try and gloat. It's rather pathetic and should me how much of a fan boy he is.

he PMed me as well...but it wasn't what I would call "gloating"...I'm getting the impression he doesn't like me much...:(
 
CrimandEvil said:
Wow Fallguy. Using that "logic" means we all should start comparing ATI's X800 XL to NV's 6600 GT. :rolleyes:

The guy was wrong in the comparison he was trying to make and was later corrected but you continue to try and "spread more ignorance" by insisting on comparing the XL to a GTX.

All he was doing was comparing prices. Not performance. He said the GTX was cheaper than the XT, which is false. I corrected him, then empty and friends tried to say I didnt read right. When in fact is was them that read wrong. I never insisted comparing the XL to the GTX, read again.

Why are you people still going on about this? I corrected someone that was wrong. It should have ended there. If you guys cant admit that, then oh well. Its pretty obvious. The simple fact is, he posted something way off, I corrected him. Im done talking about it. Feel free to carry on about as, as I know you will.

yeah I pm'd both of you. Why? To stop going off topic in posts. Something neither of you seem to be willing to do.
 
Well, to be somewhat back on topic, I've noticed that Luna is "cut-out" from a white background. Looking everywhere on the net, I realized that she's pretty much always on a dark background. Plus, she still has that greenish glow around her, and the thin outer edges of her hair blends with the background. I don't think that someone would spend a lotta time carefully photoshopping the background away to white, adding the glowing effect again, and them making a ridiculously amateurish cutout look. Can anyone find a pic of Luna in a white background?

A pretty puzzling picture if you ask me.
 
Yoshiyuki Blade said:
Well, to be somewhat back on topic, I've noticed that Luna is "cut-out" from a white background. Looking everywhere on the net, I realized that she's pretty much always on a dark background. Plus, she still has that greenish glow around her, and the thin outer edges of her hair blends with the background. I don't think that someone would spend a lotta time carefully photoshopping the background away to white, adding the glowing effect again, and them making a ridiculously amateurish cutout look. Can anyone find a pic of Luna in a white background?

A pretty puzzling picture if you ask me.

Like I said before...I'm pretty sure their intention was to make a "paper luna" to make fun of ati's "paper launches"...

That's the impression I got anyways...
 
I must say that looks really fake. The "snapshots" from ATI's website are VERY pixelated and awful-looking and everything is flat. I also love the cheap "no signs" over ATI's claims. That just doesn't look like something Nvidia would do. And the background behind the figure in the first slide? Absolutely silly. All that adds up to being not entirely credible. Plus, when has Nvidia publicly bashed ATI for false claims? I could see them saying "Our system performs better than the competitor's", but I can't see them openly saying "You lied to consumers, and our products is better anyway."
 
I have it from the horses mouth that it was an accidental release from a DNA recipient
poor outlook forwarding control :p

as such it could be anything from a tongue in cheek "unofficial" presentation to an actual spoof from the forwarder,
what it likely not isnt, is an officially sanctioned for web release presentation

Id bet on an overly enthusistic member of a marketing department

let keep this both polite and on topic ;)
 
Yoshiyuki Blade said:
Well, to be somewhat back on topic, I've noticed that Luna is "cut-out" from a white background. Looking everywhere on the net, I realized that she's pretty much always on a dark background. Plus, she still has that greenish glow around her, and the thin outer edges of her hair blends with the background. I don't think that someone would spend a lotta time carefully photoshopping the background away to white, adding the glowing effect again, and them making a ridiculously amateurish cutout look. Can anyone find a pic of Luna in a white background?

A pretty puzzling picture if you ask me.

I think you're on to something. Plus, check out her LIPSTICK
Is that the same shade as she was wearing in the demo?? I don't think so. Something definitely fishy here.... :p
 
Back
Top