• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

hehe. Nvidia powerpoint presentation on crossfire...

Yeah right, even crappy crts support 16x12 75hz? My 1 year old monitor does 1280x960@72hz.
 
furocious said:
Yeah right, even crappy crts support 16x12 75hz? My 1 year old monitor does 1280x960@72hz.

my POS 180 buck samsung can do 1600x1200 at 75 just fine
 
furocious said:
Yeah right, even crappy crts support 16x12 75hz? My 1 year old monitor does 1280x960@72hz.

My Mitsubishi 2070SB does 1600x1200 @ 100hz and also supports 2048x1536 @ 75hz
 
Nvidia is the funny.

ATi still needs to comprehend business know-hows.

Oh and fallguy, you need to get laid bro. Lol. :p :p
 
furocious said:
Yeah right, even crappy crts support 16x12 75hz? My 1 year old monitor does 1280x960@72hz.

Many CRTs get much better resolutions than a lot of good LCDs.
 
Endurancevm said:
Are you people morons?!

They are comparing 7800GTX SLI with previous technology such as the X850. We'll se nVidia talk once the R520 crossfires are out.

That said, nVidia's SLI technology did come out to be the first multi-GPU rendering, but ATI's crossfire offers the use of different X800 and X850's combos and X1800's. It also offers 3 different modes of multi-GPU rendering.

Then again, we'll have to wait and see nVidia's SLI2.

P.S. That is a really bad render cutout on that first slide. It doesn't look that nVidia did that. It looks like a 5yr old at home that new to PS did it.

The sad part is you can buy 7800GTX cards cheaper than the 850xt.
 
todlerix said:
funny, non-legit, needs to be locked

After all the FUD ATi has been spreading about CrossFire being more compatible than SLi...they just had this coming...
 
CMAN said:
The sad part is you can buy 7800GTX cards cheaper than the 850xt.

Sorry no. Please dont spread anymore ignorance. Do you know where you can get a $334 7800GTX? That was just the first place I looked, Im sure they are cheaper elsewhere.

whoami said:
Nvidia is the funny.

ATi still needs to comprehend business know-hows.

Oh and fallguy, you need to get laid bro. Lol. :p :p

Im sure you know more than they do?

Im not your "bro", and you dont even know me. Try not to make poor assumptions again.
 
fallguy said:
Sorry no. Please dont spread anymore ignorance. Do you know where you can get a $334 7800GTX? That was just the first place I looked, Im sure they are cheaper elsewhere.

Im sure you know more than they do?

Im not your "bro", and you dont even know me. Try not to make poor assumptions again.

I would imagine he was referring to a retail xt pe the cheapest of which (non-refurbished) is selling for $459.00...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142046

And that's not even a BBA card...

Either way, ATi is going to have some big changes to make to compete with the 7800GTX which is currently available for *gasp* $459.00.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170087
 
^eMpTy^ said:
I would imagine he was referring to a retail xt pe the cheapest of which (non-refurbished) is selling for $459.00...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142046

And that's not even a BBA card...

Either way, ATi is going to have some big changes to make to compete with the 7800GTX which is currently available for *gasp* $459.00.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170087

Here is a $338 retail X850XT PCI-E card. Much, much cheaper than any 7800GTX. Again, I only looked at newegg, which isnt always the cheapest anymore. So again, please dont spread misinformation.
 
fallguy said:
Here is a $338 retail X850XT PCI-E card. Much, much cheaper than any 7800GTX. Again, I only looked at newegg, which isnt always the cheapest anymore. So again, please dont spread misinformation.


Thats the XT, not XT-PE which is the highest end ATi card. Please read his post more carefully.
 
fallguy said:
Sorry no. Please dont spread anymore ignorance. Do you know where you can get a $334 7800GTX? That was just the first place I looked, Im sure they are cheaper elsewhere.



Im sure you know more than they do?

Im not your "bro", and you dont even know me. Try not to make poor assumptions again.

Dude.. the x850 xt and the x850 xt PE are different things man... you need to work on your reading comprehension before you start flaming away. Quit being an ATI fan boy, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that ATI is basically being bent over and ass raped by Nvidia, and they have been for quite awhile if you ask me.

This was ATI's chance to really shine, they have been modifying the 9700 core for years now, and when it times to make something on their own, they have huge ass delays and repeatedly fuck up.

ATI didn't make the 9700 core, they bought it and have since modifed it, the x850 xt pe is essentially a really souped up 9700 pro on nos.
 
fallguy said:
Here is a $338 retail X850XT PCI-E card. Much, much cheaper than any 7800GTX. Again, I only looked at newegg, which isnt always the cheapest anymore. So again, please dont spread misinformation.

Like I said, the cheapest XTPE I could find on newegg is $459...the same price at which the cheapest 7800GTX is currently selling...

That's not misinformation, that's fact.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you actually read posts before replying to them? Or is that too much to ask?
 
Did nVidia mention that their SLI solution only support ONE monitor? I'm pissed because I just bought two 7800GTX only to discover that only one of my two monitors would work in SLI mode.

Will ATI support dual monitors since the Crossfire connection uses an external cable?
 
parawing742 said:
Will ATI support dual monitors since the Crossfire connection uses an external cable?

Think about that for a sec, if one of each cards ports is taken up by the x-fire connector then that only leaves one port on the master card to plug a monitor into.
 
Considering the limitations that Crossfire seems to have I would say that you're not going to have a better chance of dual moniter gaming. Anyways you only get one moniter hookup with Crossfire from what I remember.

Outside of gaming I believe SLI works with dual moniters but honestly I'm not sure, I would have to look it up.
 
If nVidia was a person I'd kick them in the nuts. lmfao
Seriously.

They're trying all hardcore style to make up for NV30.
We won't forget it lol no matter how bad they make fun of ATi.
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
They're trying all hardcore style to make up for NV30.
They have made up for it. That is like me bringing up how bad ATI's drivers were pre-9x00 series. Get over it man.

IMO your thought style flipped: The x850XT PE sucks at rendering SM3.0, the competing product performs so much better. In fact, the nv30 was so much better at meeting the competition (r300) tit for tat at new tech (SM2.0) than the r420 and the nv40 (with SM3.0).

:p
 
Wow! That was very...entertaining, funny, and shocking. If this is all up to date truth, then ATi better get their act together as nVidia is WAY in the lead. As far as gfx are concerned, I was a little disappointed with the X1800XT review but then again, their prerelease drivers from a not well known site. I mean I already own an SLI board along with a 7800GTX, but im not gonna make any comments or criticism until I see reviews from trustworthy sites, such as here. If what they say IS true, then ATi is definitely screwed (probably not in the long term, but for now anyway...this generation) That means they better get working on better CrossFire board, and better GPU's. BUT, nothing shall be said until reviews are in. All we can do is wait. This is probably just a pre-emptive strike by nVidia to discourage people from buying CrossFire when its due out next week, which is normal considering ATi is their rival. But reviews are mosly whats going to sway peoples minds, not what companies say. Remember when ATi said R520 would demolish the 7800GTX and CrossFire could do all this crap that SLI couldnt, then we found out that they were just blowing smoke out their ass and not all of it was true? Well same goes here. Reviews....Trustworthy Reviews......
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
If nVidia was a person I'd kick them in the nuts. lmfao
Seriously.

They're trying all hardcore style to make up for NV30.
We won't forget it lol no matter how bad they make fun of ATi.

so...are you saying you'd prefer they didn't try to make up for it?
 
Well that sucks. :(

Good thing the new drives have no-reboot SLI on/off in them.
 
Pretty funny when ATi and nVidia can make attacks like this and not have to worry about losing contracts. They seem much less professional than, say, AMD and Intel.

I think that's a good thing. Lighten the fuck up guys, it's silicon on a substrate.
 
CrimandEvil said:
Ah, nice catch. I was only looking for X850 XTPE. lol

Cheapest X850 XTPE- $484
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814129049

It does come with a $50 rebate so the next one in line is priced at $489.99 (no rebate).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102474
Tigerdirect has one for $335... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1476861&Sku=C261-3025 R

This is such a childish marketing stunt from nVidia. I can't believe they'd take the time to stoop lower than they already were.
 
Megadeth_Guy01 said:
If nVidia was a person I'd kick them in the nuts. lmfao
Seriously.

They're trying all hardcore style to make up for NV30.
We won't forget it lol no matter how bad they make fun of ATi.

You're a strange one.

So because nVidia made a card that was second best for one generation you're going to keep making it fun of that card forever?

Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

Will you "Never forget the MAXX" and "Keep kicking ATI in the nuts forever!" because of it?

How old are you? 10? :rolleyes:
 
^eMpTy^ said:
Like I said, the cheapest XTPE I could find on newegg is $459...the same price at which the cheapest 7800GTX is currently selling...

That's not misinformation, that's fact.

Here's a novel idea, why don't you actually read posts before replying to them? Or is that too much to ask?

Except that he didnt say the XT/PE, he said the XT. Which makes your post, wrong, and misinforming. Who needs to read before they reply?

dagon11985 said:
Dude.. the x850 xt and the x850 xt PE are different things man... you need to work on your reading comprehension before you start flaming away. Quit being an ATI fan boy, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that ATI is basically being bent over and ass raped by Nvidia, and they have been for quite awhile if you ask me.

Me work in my comprehension? Perhaps you and empty should? Lets take a look at what he said;

CMAN said:
The sad part is you can buy 7800GTX cards cheaper than the 850xt.

As you can see, he clearly says the XT, not the XT/PE. Then empty comes in and tells me Im wrong, and the price is much higher. Who needs to work on it?

Yes NV has the fastest card out, I have one of them. There are many other areas where they are not the best choice, in my opinion.

robberbaron said:
Thats the XT, not XT-PE which is the highest end ATi card. Please read his post more carefully.

See above, perhaps you should be reading more carefully?
 
I think its all BS
Look at how the cg-girl in the begginning and end of the article is placed. It looks like someone cut and pasted her on the layout. Looks half assed and i don't think nvidia would do such a crappy job on such an important aritcle.
 
Gee this looks real too


Mainly because I really disbelieve Nvidia is going to have such a SHITTY looking PP presentation!

Holy crap!? did they just use scissors to cut out (forgot the name of the new nvidia girl)
 
^eMpTy^ said:
so...are you saying you'd prefer they didn't try to make up for it?

No, they should make up for it. But not by making really really lame Powerpoint presentations (if this presentation is even made by nVidia, eww just look how they tried to paste the nVidia girl in there, I doubt that is anyone at nVidia's work) about how ATi is "soooooo far" behind them and how ATi's new hardware is going to be so icky/nasty.

Rollo said:
You're a strange one.

So because nVidia made a card that was second best for one generation you're going to keep making it fun of that card forever?

Makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

Will you "Never forget the MAXX" and "Keep kicking ATI in the nuts forever!" because of it?

How old are you? 10? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am strange, and I am 10 (and a half :p) lol that aside.

NV30 wasn't just second best, it was like ick man I don't even wanna think about that. When I had my FX 5600 I just wanted to break it in half and call it a day you know. It made me not want to game for a long time since I couldn't afford anything else. It (NV30) was late too, just like R520 is now but you didnt see ATi making childing presentations about how shitty/and or behind it is their technology at the time.

Edit: is it just me or are the forums running in slow motion this morning?
 
fallguy said:
Except that he didnt say the XT/PE, he said the XT. Which makes your post, wrong, and misinforming. Who needs to read before they reply?

Right, and that's why I said "I think he meant the xt pe"...once again, the reading comprehension issue is yours...

Again, I was just trying to clarify the situation...but you want to insist that the x850xtpe is available for significantly less than the GTX...and that's fine, I don't disagree with you...all I'm saying is that ATi's high end cards are currently overpriced and they're going to have to make a lot of changes once R520 comes out...

And even at $350, it's not worth it when you can get a 7800GT for the same price...

I think the over message is that nobody should buy an x850xt right now, and especially not the pe...on the high end nvidia has them squarely beaten...
 
Back
Top