Heatkiller 4 Pro Intel Backplate

Daishi123

Limp Gawd
Since it seems these don't exist any where in the US at this point. Does anyone think its possible just to use a different vendors backplate instead to get a good mount?

Since it seems these don't exist any where in the US at this point. Does anyone think its possible just to use a different vendors backplate instead to get a good mount?
I can tell you the 1151 backplate for the EKWB Velocity block and the Aqua Computer Kryos Next with Vision are virtually identical. I also own a Heatkiller 4 pro and can check that for you if you'd like, but I'm guessing it also identical to the others.

I'm assuming my heatkiller came with a backplate. I actually only briefly took the block out of the box as I was so impressed with the Aqua Computer block I never actually installed it.

I can tell you the 1151 backplate for the EKWB Velocity block and the Aqua Computer Kryos Next with Vision are virtually identical. I also own a Heatkiller 4 pro and can check that for you if you'd like, but I'm guessing it also identical to the others.

I'm assuming my heatkiller came with a backplate. I actually only briefly took the block out of the box as I was so impressed with the Aqua Computer block I never actually installed it.

Everything I'm reading says it does not come with a back plate...which is crazy.

Everything I'm reading says it does not come with a back plate...which is crazy.
You're right, evidently it does not come with a backplate. However it does come with mounting screws for the backplate. All the 1151 backplates ive seen look the same, so im guessing you shouldn't have a problem mounting this bad boy with your existing backplate.

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_220500.jpg
    IMG_20190208_220500.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Update: The manual also appears to show installation without a backplate. See attached pics

You should be good to go...

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_221424.jpg
    IMG_20190208_221424.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190208_221359.jpg
    IMG_20190208_221359.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 0
Ya, I've just read it doesn't do as well without one...and of course I'm going to use this on a 9900k. Guess I'll give it a shot to see how it goes before buying something else to steal its backplate.

Ya, I've just read it doesn't do as well without one...and of course I'm going to use this on a 9900k. Guess I'll give it a shot to see how it goes before buying something else to steal its backplate.
Worked fine without a backplate for me.

I just ordered a backplate from Germany a few days ago. If I would have seen this first we could have split the international shipping. It should be here next Monday.

Back