Heatkiller 4 Pro Intel Backplate

Discussion in 'Water Cooling' started by Daishi123, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Daishi123

Daishi123 Limp Gawd

Since it seems these don't exist any where in the US at this point. Does anyone think its possible just to use a different vendors backplate instead to get a good mount?

2. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

I can tell you the 1151 backplate for the EKWB Velocity block and the Aqua Computer Kryos Next with Vision are virtually identical. I also own a Heatkiller 4 pro and can check that for you if you'd like, but I'm guessing it also identical to the others.

I'm assuming my heatkiller came with a backplate. I actually only briefly took the block out of the box as I was so impressed with the Aqua Computer block I never actually installed it.

3. Daishi123

Daishi123 Limp Gawd

Everything I'm reading says it does not come with a back plate...which is crazy.

4. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

You're right, evidently it does not come with a backplate. However it does come with mounting screws for the backplate. All the 1151 backplates ive seen look the same, so im guessing you shouldn't have a problem mounting this bad boy with your existing backplate.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  5. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

Update: The manual also appears to show installation without a backplate. See attached pics

You should be good to go...

Attached Files:

6. Daishi123

Daishi123 Limp Gawd

Ya, I've just read it doesn't do as well without one...and of course I'm going to use this on a 9900k. Guess I'll give it a shot to see how it goes before buying something else to steal its backplate.

7. VanGoghComplex

VanGoghComplex [H]ard|Gawd

Worked fine without a backplate for me.

8. Daishi123

Daishi123 Limp Gawd

Temps and overclock?

9. VanGoghComplex

VanGoghComplex [H]ard|Gawd

5.0, 63c tops, 7700k, single 420 rad sharing a 1080ti.

10. TahoeDust

TahoeDust Limp Gawd

I just ordered a backplate from Germany a few days ago. If I would have seen this first we could have split the international shipping. It should be here next Monday.