HDTV $99

one thing I don't get is why the item didn't become unavailable once enough purchases were made to exhaust the stock quantity

it seems like they didn't deactivate it until they realized something was up, after thousands of people had purchased sometimes two or three of them

It would be a much smaller mess for them if the site were simply programmed to list the item as oos as soon as that happened...

Apparently there is chatter that Dell is honoring the $500 32 Sharp Aquos with Built-In Blu-Ray player...

these mistakes are embarassing
makes them seem like a start-up mom and pop store

Well, my 1 purchase still shows as pending in paypal (used with instant transfer).

Anyone have any insight as to why these orders haven't been canceled yet? Are they thinking about it? Or just deciding the best way to go about it?

I have this now...

Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Est. Ship Date: 2/27/2009
Est. Delivery Date: 1/1/0001
Carrier: Not Shipped
Tracking Number: Not Shipped

So I have a ship date, but a botched delivery date...

EDIT:
Aww...
Estimated Delivery Date: 3/6/2009

EDIT2:
Back to the first one...Shipping tomorrow apparently...

overnight would have been the route I took if this were something I jumped on.

Aw, sorry to hurt your feelings. Maybe Dell will let one slip and put a smile back on your face!

It just gets old when people keep beating the retard drum.

Putting you on ignore will certainly add a smile to my face however!

:D

So do we have confirmation (from someone /here/, not over at SD, cause I don't trust that lot) that they've canceled anything yet? I still haven't got anything aside from the original order confirmation.

So do we have confirmation (from someone /here/, not over at SD, cause I don't trust that lot) that they've canceled anything yet? I still haven't got anything aside from the original order confirmation.

I'm sure that anyone that ordered the TV from the link here, will post as soon as they get a cancellation email.

I will stay optimistic until I hear from DELL themselves :)

From what I have been hearing, no cancellations yet...my DELL account says that my order is still good

I have to do this more often lol...

If there are no cancellation emails so far, I'm going to hazard a guess that Dell is going to honor this deal, but could be checking if you guys are really Buisnesses lol.

If there are no cancellation emails so far, I'm going to hazard a guess that Dell is going to honor this deal, but could be checking if you guys are really Buisnesses lol.

I bought one, but I'd bet you almost anything that they won't honor this. Margin on a $600 32" TV is a lot more than $100. They are losing money on every one they sell, and imagine how many hundred orders they received before they pulled the plug? It's just not economically feasible.

I believe Dell likes to wait a few days before canceling.

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

Suggested Action(s)

Go back and select another segment to view the price online.
Use the navigation on the left-hand side of this page to browse by product category for equivalent products within the segment you have selected.
Use the search feature on the left-hand side of this page, if you know the exact product you are looking for
If you typed in the address, make sure the spelling is correct

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

Suggested Action(s)

Go back and select another segment to view the price online.
Use the navigation on the left-hand side of this page to browse by product category for equivalent products within the segment you have selected.
Use the search feature on the left-hand side of this page, if you know the exact product you are looking for
If you typed in the address, make sure the spelling is correct

Are you serious?

For about the 10000000000000000000000000000000000th time the deal is dead, it was only on for about 45min - 1hr last night.

I think the supervisor is making the person responsible for pricing error to send out the cancellation emails. It just so happens that he called in sick and at home checking to see if his order(s) had shipped lol

hipping Method: Next Business Day
Estimated Delivery Date: 3/2/2009

No cancellation just yet though, staying optimistic.

Est. Ship Date: 3/2/2009
Est. Delivery Date: 1/1/0001

Well, will see what happens.(I hear the punch lines now)

Yeah the last time Dell canceled some amazing price error deal, it took them a couple days to send me my email... just long enough for me to hope.

I think the supervisor is making the person responsible for pricing error to send out the cancellation emails. It just so happens that he called in sick and at home checking to see if his order(s) had shipped lol

hahahahaha

Nope... still waiting

Estimated Delivery Date: 3/6/2009

Back