- Joined
- Jun 19, 2003
- Messages
- 9,101
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
I hear ya. I don't want to brick my 4770s.
Just do it man!!!!!, then your quote in my sig will become true! lol
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
I hear ya. I don't want to brick my 4770s.
One thing your forgetting:Nice sig Dashit.
Flashing or tweaking video cards BIOS or drivers in OS to unlock or change performance of video cards is nothing that hasn't been tried before with some success.
My Sapphire HD4770s were flashed to ASUS TOP HD4770 (never produced card) without any problems at all.
GPU-Z of my HD4770s flashed to Asus HD4770 TOP video card with increased performance:
Stock Asus Top
800/850
OC
1000/1200
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/4wsgs/
Also there are video card tweakers who have tweaked affordable radeon HD4770 cards to expensive 3D fire cards:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=296631&page=4
SonDa5, you are obviously looking for encouragement so here it is: just do it already. I bet your 4770 will turn into a 5770 witih a simple bios flash. What are you waiting for? Don't you want to unlock those 160 extra stream processors and add DX11 support?
Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it.I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it.
![]()
Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it.I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it.
![]()
Why would you expect someone else to do it? So far, you have been the only one clueless enough to even suggest it.Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it.I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it.
![]()
Is it possible to flash a 4770 with gtx295 bios?
Now, that's food for thought.
yeah not being 40nm is the problem...Totally different architecture.
GTX295 uses 2 GPUs that are not even 40nm.
So you know it's a stupid idea, and you don't have the balls to do it with your own card, so you're trying to convince someone else to take the fall for you? Now you're just being an asshole.Yes. But I'm to chicken to do it.I don't want to brick my HD4770. Hopefuly somebody else will do it.
![]()
So you know it's a stupid idea, and you don't have the balls to do it with your own card, so you're trying to convince someone else to take the fall for you? Now you're just being an asshole.
There are no hidden stream processors or DX11 technology in the 4770. But if you insist on pursuing this path, don't encourage others to do stupid things as well. What you do with your own hardware is your own business, but telling others to do it as well is irresponsible.The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me.
There are no hidden stream processors or DX11 technology in the 4770. But if you insist on pursuing this path, don't encourage others to do stupid things as well. What you do with your own hardware is your own business, but telling others to do it as well is irresponsible.
have you not gotten it through your thick skull that the 4770 is NOT a 5770 with features disabled?
Not at all. I'll admit I get a little crazy benchmarking. I don't think you will see a Xfire HD4770 Vantage score as high as mine on any "professional" review on the internet or magazine.
The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me. To where? Possibly a broken video card but I still feel called to try to tweak the HD4770.
I've had failed Bios flash attempts before on my HD4770 without it dying. I keep a back up of the original BIOS that works and I have been able to flash them back to working order when doing a flash fails.
SAFTEY first junior.
All tweaking is done at video card owners sole responsibility. Be careful kids.
HD4770 GPU
![]()
HD5850 GPU
![]()
HD5850 and HD4770 are more similiar than the HD5770 GPU.
HD5770 GPU
![]()
That's not tweaking: that's burning $100 bills!
Seriously, anyone reading this, Sonda5 is clueless as to this stuff. You cannot change a 4770 into a 5850 through the magic powers of alchemy, I promise.
That's not tweaking: that's burning $100 bills!
Seriously, anyone reading this, Sonda5 is clueless as to this stuff. You cannot change a 4770 into a 5850 through the magic powers of alchemy, I promise.
I never said that.![]()
Sonda5 said:The idea of enabling hidden stream processors and direct X11 shader technology in my HD4770 greatly calls me. To where? Possibly a broken video card but I still feel called to try to tweak the HD4770.
No the 4770 obviously uses the older slower RED board while the 5770/5850 use the newer faster DX11 BROWN boards
Don't know about the color of the board but one thing is certain. The HD4770 and HD5850 GPU size is almost identical and positioned in a diamond.
The HD5770 is a little smaller and positioned in parallel.
Don't know about the color of the board but one thing is certain. The HD4770 and HD5850 GPU size is almost identical and positioned in a diamond.
The HD5770 is a little smaller and positioned in parallel.
RV740: 137 mm², 826 million transistors.Don't know about the color of the board but one thing is certain. The HD4770 and HD5850 GPU size is almost identical and positioned in a diamond.
RV740: 137 mm²
RV870: 334 mm²
The 5850 die is more than twice the size as the 4770's. How exactly does that qualify as "almost identical"?
I read somewhere that having a GPU in a triangle formation does provide benchmark proven increases in a X-fire configuration setups. When coupled with RED PCB's actually perform better the the BROWN DX11 boards given enough cooling, such as a high-end after market GPU heatsinks.
That is something both of you have in common.Now you are just being silly.![]()
Now you are just being silly.![]()
looking at some reviews the 5770 crossfire setup is better looking than I thought. still the 5850 does beat it in some cases while using way less power under load and costing 60 bucks less. not to mention no crossfire issues to ever worry about. so I still say the 5850 would be the smarter overall choice.
I'd consider 5770 Crossfire up to 1680x1050. At 1920x1200, you're going to start hitting bandwidth limitations in some games, and it'll only get worse. At that point (1920x1200), I'd switch over to a 5850 or 5870 depending on your budget.
crossfire 5770 is $320, wouldn't anyone in their right mind (other than SonDa5) get a 5850 for less or a 5870 for 60 more?
The problem with those charts is they really don't tell us anything of value. Since they do not represent real world gaming in any way.
If your getting 100FPS at the max resolution of your monitor your not going to just be running 4xaa and those charts don't tell us what happens once the AA is cranked up.
I mean wow the 5770 in crossfire beats the 5850 at settings no one is going to play at.![]()