• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try it if I had the HD5770 or HD5750. Probably wouldn't work though. :D I'd still try it though. :)

Please do, and keep trying and trying til' you run out of cash (since you <3 it so much) after bricking every card.

Then we'll never see you again!

And then people will start liking cards that have a []770 in them!
 
I'm going to try that.

you're not serious, right? :) <--- still would be silly, but [H] at the same time.

Everything, down to the ROP count is different... well, it's still 40nm...

Why not sell the 4770s you have to help fund 2 5770 cards?
 
to be honest, SonDa5 probably isn't.



These hot rods are screaming for some bios tweaking.

GMSH50chipsetretouch.jpg
 
These hot rods are screaming for some bios tweaking.

GMSH50chipsetretouch.jpg

I'm begging you, just sell the cards and get real 5770, not some BIOS hackjob! You'll get next gen technology, that runs @ lower power consumption.

Not only that, the 4770 can still gather enough money, atm, for some decent upgrade paths!

I love your Heatsinks, though:)
 
I'm begging you, just sell the cards and get real 5770, not some BIOS hackjob! You'll get next gen technology, that runs @ lower power consumption.


Not sure if HD5770 is big upgrade to HD4770.
 
Page 23, lets keep chugging along please. I demand 50 pages of SonDa5, the champion of the 770! /facepalm
 
I think your brain is screaming for some tweaking...

Nah dude, his brain is fully tweaked already. He's mastered the arts of alchemy, he can turn older GPUs into newer ones.

Sonda5 we yield to thee. Unleash the power of "40nm technology x770" fury on the world and flash that bios... hahahahaa....
 
Hmm all this time he was talking about his uber 4770 setup being best price per performance. While I'm not knocking the decision adding the heatsinks, but it does change the overall view on value.

$220 worth of cards, $80 worth of heatsinks (Not counting fans)
 
So you already had the sinks? Or you bought them for your 4770's? Seems like you brag about the price/performance of the 4770 but yet you are using expensive heatsinks so you can crank up the overclock, so why not have just bought 4890's? I just don't understand any of your logic. I must be insane... I guess :D
 
So you already had the sinks? Or you bought them for your 4770's? Seems like you brag about the price/performance of the 4770 but yet you are using expensive heatsinks so you can crank up the overclock, so why not have just bought 4890's? I just don't understand any of your logic. I must be insane... I guess :D

At the time I bought the HD4770s the price was a few bucks under $200 OTD for 2 HD4770s. That was about $50 less than the going price of the HD4890 at that time.


With the money I saved for the HD4770s i bought some nice heat sinks that I could use on the HD4770s and future video card upgrades. I really only paid about $30 more for HD4770s and 2 TR heatsinks over the cost of a single HD4890.

I tried out the HD4890. Good card but I like the xfire HD4770 configuration more. The TR heatsinks are cherry on top.

I probably would have sought out heat sink upgrades for HD4890 as well had I went that route.
 
Last edited:
Just received the bios of the asus EAH5770 from my pal ZoLKoRn! Thx you my friend! :)

(he did even more: bios of the asus eah5850 &5870 but this last one is already available...)

Sonda5, i don't think that flashing an hd4770 with an HD5770 bios is a good idea...This will be solded by a brick....I would not recommend you at all to do this...
 
Last edited:
At the time I bought the HD4770s the price was a few bucks under $200 OTD for 2 HD4770s. That was about $50 less than the going price of the HD4890 at that time.


With the money I saved for the HD4770s i bought some nice heat sinks that I could use on the HD4770s and future video card upgrades. I really only paid about $30 more for HD4770s and 2 TR heatsinks over the cost of a single HD4890.

I tried out the HD4890. Good card but I like the xfire HD4770 configuration more. The TR heatsinks are cherry on top.

I probably would have sought out heat sink upgrades for HD4890 as well had I went that route.

Finally a straight up answer. Ok, I understand now lol. :p
 
Sonda5, i don't think that flashing an hd4770 with an HD5770 bios is a good idea...This will be solded by a brick....I would not recommend you at all to do this...


Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
I hear ya. I don't want to brick my 4770s.
 
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.

Do it... do ittttttttt! The only difference between the 4770 and 5770 cards is that pesky bios. :eek: I dirty dog double dare you to. :D






(disclaimer)- Direfox takes no responsiblity for any cards turning into a gooey mess on the bottom of your case.
 
Have you tried to Xfire the HD5770 with the HD4770? What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?

I was curious if there was any way the HD4770 in Xfire with HD5770 would benefit from the HD5770 direct X11.
If so HD4770 with HD5750 might be a hot ticket for Xfire with Direct X11.

Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
NO. IT. WILL. NOT. WORK.

2 pages of this thread have been dedicated to telling you it simply wont work. PERIOD. The 4770 and the 5770 are two completely different chips. SOME, but not all, of the transistors are fundamentally the same. Even then, the transistor placement is completely different. Even if the progamming for 90% of the bios is the same........

You know what NVM. No point in explaining it to you. In fact I give up. Can I buy some pot from you? You must smoke some serious hardcore stuff to come up with half the nonsense you spew on these forums. Either that or your the worst troll I have ever seen....
 
Last edited:
NO. IT. WILL. NOT. WORK.

2 pages of this thread have been dedicated to telling you it simply wont work. PERIOD. The 4770 and the 5770 are two completely different chips. SOME, but not all, of the transistors are fundamentally the same. Even then, the transistor placement is completely different. Even if the progamming for 90% of the bios is the same........

You know what NVM. No point in explaining it to you. In fact I give up. Can I buy some pot from you? You must smoke some serious hardcore stuff to come up with half the nonsense you spew on these forums. Either that or your the worst troll I have ever seen....



I don't recall any discussions on running primary HD5770 card xfired with another HD4770 card and benefiting from direct X11. Seems like Direct X11 should work fine in Xfired rig as long as one of the cards has direct X11. Not certain. This is why I asked.
 
Do you have a schematic? :)
Even if the placement of some transistors is the same, have you not read the architectural differences between the 4770 and the 5770? The 4770 has 826 million transistors, to the 5770's 1.04 billion transistors. You're talking approximately 214 more transistors between the two. The 5770 also features 40 texture units and 800 stream processors to the 4770's 32 texture units and 640 stream processors. Somewhere in your head you may be thinking "the 4770 was simply a 5770 with a few things disabled", but that's not the case.

They're two entirely different architectures. Sure, Juniper is an evolution, but it's still a *different* architecture. Trying to use the 5770's BIOS on the 4770 is a VERY bad idea.
 
I don't recall any discussions on running primary HD5770 card xfired with another HD4770 card and benefiting from direct X11. Seems like Direct X11 should work fine in Xfired rig as long as one of the cards has direct X11. Not certain. This is why I asked.
:rolleyes:

The only reason I included that first quote was it had the infamous question that kicked off 2 pages of back and forth nonsense. My post was specifically a reply to the second quote.
Here: I edited out the rest of the post.
What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.

---------------------------------

Do you have a schematic? :)
Do you?:rolleyes:
You said the power regulator "looks the same," but you fail to realize all the different ways that circuitry could actually be hooked up. Furthermore, do you know if the bios chips are the same on both? Do you know if the pinout of the 4770 chip is the same as the 5770 chip?

You don't even need a schematic to figure out some of the basics of why it won't work. It should be easy to figure out just by the amount of transistors in each and the comparative die sizes (on the same 40nm process) of each. There is probably a hundred other reasons, but those 2 are some of the easiest reasons to pick out. But just in case...ToastyBread gave the perfect explanation below:

Somewhere in your head you may be thinking "the 4770 was simply a 5770 with a few things disabled", but that's not the case.

IF, and ONLY IF the 4770 was simply a 5770 with a few things disabled (which it is not) would your [SonDa5] idea have any remote chance of working. That's it. End of Story.
 
Last edited:
Dude, go flash that 4770 with the 5770 bios. I mean, it will probably brick your card, but I really want to see what happens :)
 
Do it SonDa, these guys don't know what they are talking about (wink wink). By the way, please video tape your screen getting BSOD and your cards melting!
 
Yeah I mean it might destroy your video card or your entire computer. . . but it MIGHT magically transform your 4770 into a 5770. I'm betting on magic.

Also please let me know how it works. I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in my basement. . . I would really love to unlock its true latent potential and turn it into a DX11 monster.
 
Do it... do ittttttttt! The only difference between the 4770 and 5770 cards is that pesky bios. :eek: I dirty dog double dare you to. :D
Dude, go flash that 4770 with the 5770 bios. I mean, it will probably brick your card, but I really want to see what happens :)
Do it SonDa, these guys don't know what they are talking about (wink wink). By the way, please video tape your screen getting BSOD and your cards melting!
Yeah I mean it might destroy your video card or your entire computer. . . but it MIGHT magically transform your 4770 into a 5770. I'm betting on magic.
Also please let me know how it works. I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in my basement. . . I would really love to unlock its true latent potential and turn it into a DX11 monster.
You guys are evil. LMAO.:D

SonDa5, if you don't believe anything people have been saying, please feel free to ask the video card experts at Rage3D or Beyond3D. Or just PM Brent Justice or Kyle Bennett on these forums. They will most likely tell you the same thing we have.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I mean it might destroy your video card or your entire computer. . . but it MIGHT magically transform your 4770 into a 5770. I'm betting on magic.

Also please let me know how it works. I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in my basement. . . I would really love to unlock its true latent potential and turn it into a DX11 monster.

"it isn't 40nm!"
 
"it isn't 40nm!"

So? Maybe 5770 has a few hundred million more transistors and it's built on a newer process, but how different can they really be? They're both expansion cards that somehow make 3D graphics appear on my monitor. I bet the Voodoo 3 can benefit from the power of DX11.

And really I don't care what you say anyway. I'm going to ignore your warning and keep asking until someone tells me the answer I want to hear.
 
So? Maybe 5770 has a few hundred million more transistors and it's built on a newer process, but how different can they really be? They're both expansion cards that somehow make 3D graphics appear on my monitor. I bet the Voodoo 3 can benefit from the power of DX11.

And really I don't care what you say anyway. I'm going to ignore your warning and keep asking until someone tells me the answer I want to hear.

BIOS is flashable.... you just need an UV light (see if anybody gets that).

p.s. if anybody responds to that seriously...RTFT
 
BIOS is flashable.... you just need an UV light (see if anybody gets that).

p.s. if anybody responds to that seriously...RTFT
LMAO, UV light.

The only reason I know is I have actually flashed those old school rom chips before. lol...

I don't think I could possibly type a serious response to that...so I will just post a joke response instead...

"UV light you say? Does that mean all I need to flash the ROM chip is to shine 1's and 0's on it with a black light bulb? OMG.":D
 
BIOS is flashable.... you just need an UV light (see if anybody gets that).

p.s. if anybody responds to that seriously...RTFT

UV light??? Umm... Correction... You mean strobe light right? Sonda get yo flash on brotha! ;)

That's a great idea. You can flash your video cards all night long without bricking them!
 
So? Maybe 5770 has a few hundred million more transistors and it's built on a newer process, but how different can they really be? They're both expansion cards that somehow make 3D graphics appear on my monitor. I bet the Voodoo 3 can benefit from the power of DX11.

And really I don't care what you say anyway. I'm going to ignore your warning and keep asking until someone tells me the answer I want to hear.

Dude flash an HD3200 onboard gpu's bios and unlock it to an HD4770 imo!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top