No, it's miss or miss. The 5770 and 4770 are completely different GPUs. You can't just flash a 4770 with a 5770, despite the fact that they both have "770" in the nameIt's hit or miss.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No, it's miss or miss. The 5770 and 4770 are completely different GPUs. You can't just flash a 4770 with a 5770, despite the fact that they both have "770" in the nameIt's hit or miss.
I would try it if I had the HD5770 or HD5750. Probably wouldn't work though.I'd still try it though.
![]()
What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?
I'm sure you can get a 5770 BIOS
You should flash both your cards. Its like the DX11 upgrade that AMD owes you!
I'm going to try that.
I hope you are kiddingI'm going to try that.
I hope you are kidding![]()
to be honest, SonDa5 probably isn't.
I think your brain is screaming for some tweaking...These hot rods are screaming for some bios tweaking.
http://minidriven.com/GreenMachine/GMSH50chipsetretouch.jpg
These hot rods are screaming for some bios tweaking.
![]()
I'm begging you, just sell the cards and get real 5770, not some BIOS hackjob! You'll get next gen technology, that runs @ lower power consumption.
Not sure if HD5770 is big upgrade to HD4770.
I think your brain is screaming for some tweaking...
$220 worth of cards, $80 worth of heatsinks (Not counting fans)
So you already had the sinks? Or you bought them for your 4770's? Seems like you brag about the price/performance of the 4770 but yet you are using expensive heatsinks so you can crank up the overclock, so why not have just bought 4890's? I just don't understand any of your logic. I must be insane... I guess![]()
At the time I bought the HD4770s the price was a few bucks under $200 OTD for 2 HD4770s. That was about $50 less than the going price of the HD4890 at that time.
With the money I saved for the HD4770s i bought some nice heat sinks that I could use on the HD4770s and future video card upgrades. I really only paid about $30 more for HD4770s and 2 TR heatsinks over the cost of a single HD4890.
I tried out the HD4890. Good card but I like the xfire HD4770 configuration more. The TR heatsinks are cherry on top.
I probably would have sought out heat sink upgrades for HD4890 as well had I went that route.
Sonda5, i don't think that flashing an hd4770 with an HD5770 bios is a good idea...This will be solded by a brick....I would not recommend you at all to do this...
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
Have you tried to Xfire the HD5770 with the HD4770? What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?
I was curious if there was any way the HD4770 in Xfire with HD5770 would benefit from the HD5770 direct X11.
If so HD4770 with HD5750 might be a hot ticket for Xfire with Direct X11.
NO. IT. WILL. NOT. WORK.Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
NO. IT. WILL. NOT. WORK.
2 pages of this thread have been dedicated to telling you it simply wont work. PERIOD. The 4770 and the 5770 are two completely different chips. SOME, but not all, of the transistors are fundamentally the same. Even then, the transistor placement is completely different. Even if the progamming for 90% of the bios is the same........
You know what NVM. No point in explaining it to you. In fact I give up. Can I buy some pot from you? You must smoke some serious hardcore stuff to come up with half the nonsense you spew on these forums. Either that or your the worst troll I have ever seen....
SOME, but not all, of the transistors are fundamentally the same. Even then, the transistor placement is completely different...
Even if the placement of some transistors is the same, have you not read the architectural differences between the 4770 and the 5770? The 4770 has 826 million transistors, to the 5770's 1.04 billion transistors. You're talking approximately 214 more transistors between the two. The 5770 also features 40 texture units and 800 stream processors to the 4770's 32 texture units and 640 stream processors. Somewhere in your head you may be thinking "the 4770 was simply a 5770 with a few things disabled", but that's not the case.Do you have a schematic?![]()
I don't recall any discussions on running primary HD5770 card xfired with another HD4770 card and benefiting from direct X11. Seems like Direct X11 should work fine in Xfired rig as long as one of the cards has direct X11. Not certain. This is why I asked.
What about flashing the HD5770 bios to HD4770?
Looks like the same power regulator. As long as the power is in range I think it might work.
Do you?Do you have a schematic?![]()
Somewhere in your head you may be thinking "the 4770 was simply a 5770 with a few things disabled", but that's not the case.
Actually, I think you should go ahead and do it. It will hopefully be a learning experience for you.These hot rods are screaming for some bios tweaking.
Do it... do ittttttttt! The only difference between the 4770 and 5770 cards is that pesky bios.I dirty dog double dare you to.
![]()
Dude, go flash that 4770 with the 5770 bios. I mean, it will probably brick your card, but I really want to see what happens![]()
Do it SonDa, these guys don't know what they are talking about (wink wink). By the way, please video tape your screen getting BSOD and your cards melting!
You guys are evil. LMAO.Yeah I mean it might destroy your video card or your entire computer. . . but it MIGHT magically transform your 4770 into a 5770. I'm betting on magic.
Also please let me know how it works. I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in my basement. . . I would really love to unlock its true latent potential and turn it into a DX11 monster.
Yeah I mean it might destroy your video card or your entire computer. . . but it MIGHT magically transform your 4770 into a 5770. I'm betting on magic.
Also please let me know how it works. I have a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI in my basement. . . I would really love to unlock its true latent potential and turn it into a DX11 monster.
"it isn't 40nm!"
So? Maybe 5770 has a few hundred million more transistors and it's built on a newer process, but how different can they really be? They're both expansion cards that somehow make 3D graphics appear on my monitor. I bet the Voodoo 3 can benefit from the power of DX11.
And really I don't care what you say anyway. I'm going to ignore your warning and keep asking until someone tells me the answer I want to hear.
LMAO, UV light.BIOS is flashable.... you just need an UV light (see if anybody gets that).
p.s. if anybody responds to that seriously...RTFT
BIOS is flashable.... you just need an UV light (see if anybody gets that).
p.s. if anybody responds to that seriously...RTFT
So? Maybe 5770 has a few hundred million more transistors and it's built on a newer process, but how different can they really be? They're both expansion cards that somehow make 3D graphics appear on my monitor. I bet the Voodoo 3 can benefit from the power of DX11.
And really I don't care what you say anyway. I'm going to ignore your warning and keep asking until someone tells me the answer I want to hear.