• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well look at reviews for yourself instead of rolling your eyes. a 4770 crossfire setup with a high end i7 cpu uses about 320-330 watts at the wall. your cpu uses about 50-60 watts less so that 270 right there. factor in psu efficiency and you are way under 250 watts usage. you try to act really smart but all you end up doing is making a fool of yourself.

hell the two cards by themselves only use 99 watts. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd4770-crossfirex_2.html#sect0



First off....

The rig in your example is using a 1000W PSU. :rolleyes:

How does that compare to my 650W PSU??

My HD4770s are running at 1.28 V. 950/1100 each. (2 of them)
My Intel Q9550 E0 runs with 1.5 volts at 4.3 GHZ.
I have 11 fans on my RIG. Two of them put out over 150CFM.
2 Caviar Black 500 GB HD in RAID 0
1 water pump.
2 12" cold cathode UV lights.
MB power requirements as well...

My rig is totally different than the one in the review you linked and has much higher loads.
 
My HD4770s are running at 1.28 V. 950/1100 each. (2 of them)
My Intel Q9550 E0 runs with 1.5 volts at 4.3 GHZ.
I have 11 fans on my RIG. Two of them put out over 150CFM.
2 Caviar Black 500 GB HD in RAID 0
1 water pump.
2 12" cold cathode UV lights.

My rig is totally different than the one in the review you linked and has much higher loads.
okay so it would be around 275-300 watts then since it would likely pull about 350-375 watts at the wall.
 
okay so it would be around 275-300 watts then since it would likely pull about 350-375 watts at the wall.

I'll have to put my amp probe to it under load. Then I'll figure out how many watts I'm pulling.
Your numbers don't convince me.
 
I have never understood why he thinks 40nm is some kind of magical process. the process itself has nothing to do with performance and will perform exactly the same as 55nm with a gpu of the same architecture. of course it will use less power and allow higher clocks because it is smaller but that it.

Didn't he think Ati would release a patch to enable Dx11 on a 4770?

I'm pretty sure everybody by now realises no matter what you say he's biased towards 4770 and for some reason 5770? (SonDa5 - you do realise all new ati cards are 40nm so there goes a big factor in your arguments, and im sure there will be many a thread saying that the 5770 is king)

I am sick of all these BS threads 4770 this and 4770 could pick up megan fox blah blah, and am dreading the flood of 5770 threads created by guess who when it is finally released.

Give it up allready nobody cares anymore.
 
Didn't he think Ati would release a patch to enable Dx11 on a 4770?

I'm pretty sure everybody by now realises no matter what you say he's biased towards 4770 and for some reason 5770? (SonDa5 - you do realise all new ati cards are 40nm so there goes a big factor in your arguments, and im sure there will be many a thread saying that the 5770 is king)

I am sick of all these BS threads 4770 this and 4770 could pick up megan fox blah blah, and am dreading the flood of 5770 threads created by guess who when it is finally released.

Give it up allready nobody cares anymore.




For those that don't care please stop trolling in this thread. I am not a troll. I am just a representative of the many consumers of the USA who have a sincere intrest in computer technology.
 
For those that don't care please stop trolling in this thread. I am not a troll. I am just a representative of the many consumers of the USA who have a sincere intrest in computer technology.
your threads just beg to be trolled though. you say such silly and illogical things and seek out stuff that only support your point of view. I mean just look at how everybody is treating you in every thread because of what you are saying. are you really that unaware of how you come across when you say the things that you do?
 
For those that don't care please stop trolling in this thread. I am not a troll. I am just a representative of the many consumers of the USA who have a sincere intrest in computer technology.

Let me sum up this thread.

SonDa5 says something nonsensical.

Someone logically disputes his point.

Someone says SonDa5 is right because they feel that people are picking on him because he is spewing nonsense.

SonDa5 makes 4 or 5 consecutive posts explaining his nonsensical points.

Someone else logically disputes his point.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Fin.

Time for ice cream.

Result: 11 pages of LOL. :D
 
I'll have to put my amp probe to it under load. Then I'll figure out how many watts I'm pulling.
Your numbers don't convince me.
You're going to probe every single wire coming from your PSU while it's under load, record the amperages, calculate the power consumption of each one based on which rail it's coming from, and add them all together? That's the only way you can measure your power consumption. Unless you get a good-quality power meter and measure power consumption from the wall, but I doubt you'd be willing to spend $150 on the cheapest Brand meter just for that.
 
Let me sum up this thread.

SonDa5 says something nonsensical.

Someone logically disputes his point.

Someone says SonDa5 is right because they feel that people are picking on him because he is spewing nonsense.

SonDa5 makes 4 or 5 consecutive posts explaining his nonsensical points.

Someone else logically disputes his point.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Fin.

Time for ice cream.

Result: 11 pages of LOL. :D




You don't piss me off at all.
Just because you don't care about the HD5770 technology doesn't mean that others in the world don't.
There have been alot of views on this thread and it's not because of the trolling that has gotten this thread off topic.

This thread would be alot better if the trolling would stop.
 
You're going to probe every single wire coming from your PSU while it's under load, record the amperages, calculate the power consumption of each one based on which rail it's coming from, and add them all together? That's the only way you can measure your power consumption. Unless you get a good-quality power meter and measure power consumption from the wall, but I doubt you'd be willing to spend $150 on the cheapest Brand meter just for that.


I have a decent multi meter that can measure total load no problem. If you want to discuss PSUs do it in the PSU section.

No more thread crapping please.
 
I have a decent multi meter that can measure total load no problem.
Where do you plan on measuring from? You can't just take your multimeter and measure from the wall, since it most likely does not measure RMS current in which case any readings you take will be meaningless (assuming it can measure AC current altogether; it might not be able to). And there isn't a single point on the PSU that will allow you to measure the total DC draw of your components.
 
Where do you plan on measuring from? You can't just take your multimeter and measure from the wall, since it most likely does not measure RMS current in which case any readings you take will be meaningless (assuming it can measure AC current altogether; it might not be able to). And there isn't a single point on the PSU that will allow you to measure the total DC draw of your components.


Again if you want to discuss how to measure PSU performance using a multi-meter take it to the PSU section.

No more crap threading here.
 
Again if you want to discuss how to measure PSU performance using a multi-meter take it to the PSU section.

No more crap threading here.
I'm not threadcrapping. I'm just trying to make sure that you actually know what you're doing, because if not, you could end up damaging your multimeter or your PC, or at the very least, whatever readings you do manage to gather could be completely wrong.
 
I'm not threadcrapping. I'm just trying to make sure that you actually know what you're doing, because if not, you could end up damaging your multimeter or your PC, or at the very least, whatever readings you do manage to gather could be completely wrong.



You are thread crapping. I know how to use a multi-meter. As I said if you want to discuss PSUs and using multi-meters for PC PSU monitoring take it to the PSU section. This thread has gotten way off track. Please no more thread crapping.
 
You are thread crapping. I know how to use a multi-meter. As I said if you want to discuss PSUs and using multi-meters for PC PSU monitoring take it to the PSU section. This thread has gotten way off track. Please no more thread crapping.
This is your thread and you brought it up. If you'd like to discuss it elsewhere, then you make a thread in the PSU section. And I'm not trying to be rude, I'm actually trying to help you use your tool properly, or prevent you from using it improperly. As I said, if you use your multimeter to measure things that it is not designed for, you could damage it or your computer or both (or in a worst-case scenario, you could end up harming yourself as well). And so far, you haven't answered any of my questions regarding how you plan on using the multimeter. If you would care to do so, and it turns out that you are using it properly, then I'll leave you alone. But if you are planning on using it in a way that it should not be used, then I can point that out to you and prevent you from doing something bad.
 
This is your thread and you brought it up. If you'd like to discuss it elsewhere, then you make a thread in the PSU section. And I'm not trying to be rude, I'm actually trying to help you use your tool properly, or prevent you from using it improperly. As I said, if you use your multimeter to measure things that it is not designed for, you could damage it or your computer or both (or in a worst-case scenario, you could end up harming yourself as well). And so far, you haven't answered any of my questions regarding how you plan on using the multimeter. If you would care to do so, and it turns out that you are using it properly, then I'll leave you alone. But if you are planning on using it in a way that it should not be used, then I can point that out to you and prevent you from doing something bad.



If you really care about my RIG :rolleyes: start a thread in the PSU section on this subject. I don't care to discuss using a mutli meter with you.
This thread has gotten way off subject because of thread crapping. Now quit being rude and take it to another thread.
 
this thread has exposed a dark secret of the hardware world, prejudice.

Not racial prejudice but mainstream graphics prejudice.

I hope we can all deal with this in a civilized manner.





P.S. make sure you update your multimeter to DX11
 
this thread has exposed a dark secret of the hardware world, prejudice.

Not racial prejudice but mainstream graphics prejudice.

I hope we can all deal with this in a civilized manner.





P.S. make sure you update your multimeter to DX11
he cant unless its 40nm :D
 
Oh look it's THIS thread again:rolleyes:

In any case if they make a 5770x2 I would buy it. I doubt they will though.
 
What happens when they transition to 32nm or even 22nm? Is 40nm still going to reign supreme? What if nvidia releases a 0 nm chip, no seriously think about it

0 nm POWER!!
 
Hey guys take it easy, even the thread is kinda stupid hes a nice guy imo even i laugh at the thread when i saw it first time, but the way he respond to the flame, jokes or w/e you call it makes me think hes not arrogant or bad guy and ain't deserve to be treated this way,carry on guys.
 
What happens when they transition to 32nm or even 22nm? Is 40nm still going to reign supreme? What if nvidia releases a 0 nm chip, no seriously think about it

0 nm POWER!!

Nah, that would be a divide by zero error!:D
 
Don't understand why all those people jump in this thread to post for nothing....
"2 junkies talking about *770 cards"?
Damn! Don't know what all those fu..ing cards are doing here at my home then:rolleyes:

And i did not remove all others nvidia/ati card in my working rigs...
To answer to sonda5 question:
The leaked slides from AMD are probably true 'cause they were removed from many websites!
I think though not having proof either in the box or by sofware that there is 800SP...
But we'll have the answer very soon : is it not TODAY !! :)
 
Last edited:
Don't understand why all those people jump in this thread to post for nothing....
"2 junkies talking about *770 cards"?
Damn! Don't know what all those fu..ing cards are doing here at my home then:rolleyes:

And i did not remove all others nvidia/ati card in my working rigs...
To answer to sonda5 question:
The leaked slides from AMD are probably true 'cause they were removed from many websites!
I think though not having proof either in the box or by sofware that there is 800SP...
But we'll have the answer very soon : is it not TODAY !! :)

1: Do you work for Sapphire?
2: Selling any of them?
 
LOL this thread.
Can't resist joining the stupidity.

First of all OP, there is no such thing as 5770 technology. It is exactly the same thing as any other 5000 series card. Except crippled.

Second, the 4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850. Considering it was a test bed for the new 5000 series shrink, it was made in minimal numbers so it stayed artificially high in price making the 4850 a better deal. It never equaled the 4870 by a long shot. Considering the 4870 is only a small amount more the the 4770 and offer a HUGE performance advantage over the 4770, literally smacking that little bitch card into the ground, shouldn't you be screaming the praise of the super cheap 4870 512MB? In this round of cards the 5770 is nothing special. It is what it is. A good card in its price bracket. In the last round the 4770 offset its meager 128-bit bus by using the DDR5 of the top of the line 4870/90. This time around the 128-bit bus is what it is. Half what its siblings have, while they all use DDR5. If it performs too good the shader's will be at 800. If it doesn't hold the low end crown ATi will up this too you wishful 1120(ish). Either way ATi will make it perform at the level it wants to fit the price point it wants. Simple.

Okay, now onto your topic. 5770X2. Please name all of the X2 cards released so far in this or last gen. Okay I will help you. 4870X2 and the NV295. Okay we will throw the 4850X2 in there, although it was more of a minimal marketing gimic then anything. All right, now ask your self why each company made these cards? Okay I will help you. Each card was done as an effort to gain the title of TOP ENTHUSIEST card. Each carried a fair premium in price, which was acceptable because it gained the title of TOP ENTHUSIAST card at the time of their release. The 4850X2 was thrown in there because it was still the second fastest card on the market at the time (still sucked because it was only slightly cheaper then the 4870X2 and lack of ATi drivers made it a poor buy). Now any time a company makes an X2 or dual GPU card it will always cost more then a single GPU card of the same abillity. It uses twice the amount of everything.
So here I am going to ask you. What ever would be the logic of any card maker to make an X2 of any crippled low end chip to compete with a single GPU card that they already have on the market? The 5770 is going to hit at about 179-199$(I even think $219). We know Xfire doesn't offer near %100 increase. So whats the logic? Why do you assume ATi is a bunch of dumb-ass fucks who would release an overly expensive part that has worse performance, and more power consumption then a product they already have (5870) ? Why?
 
LOL this thread.
Can't resist joining the stupidity.

First of all OP, there is no such thing as 5770 technology. It is exactly the same thing as any other 5000 series card. Except crippled.

Second, the 4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850. Considering it was a test bed for the new 5000 series shrink, it was made in minimal numbers so it stayed artificially high in price making the 4850 a better deal. It never equaled the 4870 by a long shot. Considering the 4870 is only a small amount more the the 4770 and offer a HUGE performance advantage over the 4770, literally smacking that little bitch card into the ground, shouldn't you be screaming the praise of the super cheap 4870 512MB? In this round of cards the 5770 is nothing special. It is what it is. A good card in its price bracket. In the last round the 4770 offset its meager 128-bit bus by using the DDR5 of the top of the line 4870/90. This time around the 128-bit bus is what it is. Half what its siblings have, while they all use DDR5. If it performs too good the shader's will be at 800. If it doesn't hold the low end crown ATi will up this too you wishful 1120(ish). Either way ATi will make it perform at the level it wants to fit the price point it wants. Simple.

Okay, now onto your topic. 5770X2. Please name all of the X2 cards released so far in this or last gen. Okay I will help you. 4870X2 and the NV295. Okay we will throw the 4850X2 in there, although it was more of a minimal marketing gimic then anything. All right, now ask your self why each company made these cards? Okay I will help you. Each card was done as an effort to gain the title of TOP ENTHUSIEST card. Each carried a fair premium in price, which was acceptable because it gained the title of TOP ENTHUSIAST card at the time of their release. The 4850X2 was thrown in there because it was still the second fastest card on the market at the time (still sucked because it was only slightly cheaper then the 4870X2 and lack of ATi drivers made it a poor buy). Now any time a company makes an X2 or dual GPU card it will always cost more then a single GPU card of the same abillity. It uses twice the amount of everything.
So here I am going to ask you. What ever would be the logic of any card maker to make an X2 of any crippled low end chip to compete with a single GPU card that they already have on the market? The 5770 is going to hit at about 179-199$(I even think $219). We know Xfire doesn't offer near %100 increase. So whats the logic? Why do you assume ATi is a bunch of dumb-ass fucks who would release an overly expensive part that has worse performance, and more power consumption then a product they already have (5870) ? Why?
okay I was hoping i would be able to agree with you but you are wrong on a few things. the 4770 easily exceeded the 4850 when overclocked. crossfire does scale close to 100% in some cases. the 5770 will be WAY cheaper than $219. (thats only 40 bucks cheaper than the 5850 so duh).
 
LOL this thread.
Can't resist joining the stupidity.

First of all OP, there is no such thing as 5770 technology. It is exactly the same thing as any other 5000 series card. Except crippled.

Second, the 4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850.

I think you have all this card in your hand to conclude like this man!

For my concern, i only have 3 HD4850 (1 sapphire, 2 gainward 4850GS 512 & 1gb) 1 4890, 1 HD4850GS GLH, 1 gainward hd4830, 3 HD4770 & now 1 HD5770 (not talking about the other low end cards....) and i don't know what i'm talking about 'cause i'm a *770 "lover"! that's it??? :eek:

Edit:BTW No i'm not an ATI fan boy: i forget to mention i also have some nvidia cards, see some of my rigs below...
 
Last edited:
okay I was hoping i would be able to agree with you but you are wrong on a few things. the 4770 easily exceeded the 4850 when overclocked. crossfire does scale close to 100% in some cases. the 5770 will be WAY cheaper than $219. (thats only 40 bucks cheaper than the 5850 so duh).

Yikes, there are more then one of you in this thread!
Okay OC both the 4770 and the 4850 and tell me the 4770 "easily exceeds the 4850". It is Thanksgiving in Canada, but that is no reason for everyone to be drunk ;>)
As for the 5770 I stated clearly it would be $179-199. But I believe if it is a decent performer it may hit at $219 IMO. Depends on how much 4000 series stock to move.
 
I think you have all this card in your hand to conclude like this man!.

Really? I have to own a 5770 to conclude that it uses the exact same tech as all the other 5000 series cards except a 128bit bus? I thought this was common knowledge. How many of you are drinking the kool-aid?
 
gainward HD4850GS GDDR3 @750/1100:
15851.jpg


gainward HD4850GS GLH GDDR5 @770/1000:
18616.jpg


sapphire hd4770@1000/1150:
18676-2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yikes, there are more then one of you in this thread!
Okay OC both the 4770 and the 4850 and tell me the 4770 "easily exceeds the 4850". It is Thanksgiving in Canada, but that is no reason for everyone to be drunk ;>)
As for the 5770 I stated clearly it would be $179-199. But I believe if it is a decent performer it may hit at $219 IMO. Depends on how much 4000 series stock to move.
if you actually read through the thread you would see that I am all over the op about his insane love and obsession with 4770 and 5770. tbh though you are acting way worse than the op ever has so calm down a bit. you said "4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850" when the truth is the 4770 does easily beat the 4850 when overclocked. the price is supposed to be around $160 so no way will the 5770 approach $220. you are just going to twist what ever you need to fit your agenda, I was just pointing out the things you were mistaken about.
 
Last edited:
Really? I have to own a 5770 to conclude that it uses the exact same tech as all the other 5000 series cards except a 128bit bus? I thought this was common knowledge. How many of you are drinking the kool-aid?

Knock off the thread crapping.
 
if you actually read through the thread you would see that I am all over the op about his insane love and obsession with 4770 and 5770. tbh though you are acting way worse than the op ever has so calm down a bit. you said "4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850" when the truth is the 4770 does easily beat the 4850 when overclocked. the price is supposed to be around $160 so no way will the 5770 approach $220. you are just going to twist what ever you need to fit your agenda, I was just pointing out the things you were mistaken about.

This is what I'm confused about, why is everyone saying the 4770 when overclocked easily beats a 4850 or is it's equal? You can't say put a 1Ghz 4770 againsts a stock 4850 that's bs. Always has been, you over clock both or none at all and if both are overclocked the 4850 still comes out ahead and is cheaper (at least I think, I stopped caring about 4850 and 4770 when something better came out, which was like release day for them).

As far as prices if the 5770 is 160 then that might be an ok deal for a single card but for everyone saying get 2 for a real deal that is dumb. I'd imagine it is going to retail for 180 or so and 180 + 180 = 360. That's damn near 5870 territory to simply say zomg dual ultra 5770's 40nm in crossfire mode power and give up that second PCI slot.
 
Last edited:
if you actually read through the thread you would see that I am all over the op about his insane love and obsession with 4770 and 5770.
Nice he deserves it.
tbh though you are acting way worse than the op ever has so calm down a bit.
Dude, pick a side of the fence. Your all over him, but I make one thought out post and you go a crazy GF on me?

you said "4770 never beat down any 4850. If anything, when OC'ed well it was the equal of the 4850" when the truth is the 4770 does easily beat the 4850 when overclocked. the price is supposed to be around $160 so no way will the 5770 approach $220. you are just going to twist what ever you need to fit your agenda, I was just pointing out the things you were mistaken about.

Show some BM where a OC 4770 beats down a OC 4850. Please.
Yes my agenda, ha ha.
My only agenda is to rebuke stupidity.
 
Show some BM where a OC 4770 beats down a OC 4850. Please.
Yes my agenda, ha ha.
My only agenda is to rebuke stupidity.


You are getting way off topic.

I guess the 40nm power of the HD4770 isn't very well known yet.

HD4850 has some time out on the HD4770 but in the HD4770's young life it has already proven itself against the HD4850. I understand that not alot of people know this. I know this from personal experience. Others know this because they have done their research.

Here is a simple way to get the knowledge on the subject that you have asked for.

HWBOT world BM records for HD4850:

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_hd_4850

HWBOT world BM records for HD4770:
http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_hd_4770

That is plenty of knowlege for you.

Please stop thread crapping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top