• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD5770x2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a 5770x2 comes out I'd delete my account here on the [H]...

Sonda is remarkably naive and tbh I doubt he really understands wtf he is doing with computers in general. No offense but your posts have been incredibly stupid, if you were to say yeah the 4770 was a great performing card at a good price point you "might" have a valid point and a good argument on your hands. (4850 was actually cheaper than the 4770 in places). But no you continue to be overly excessive in your love for something simply because it was on a 40nm process.

1. It's not a top performing card
2. It's expensive for the performance
3. 5850 and 5890 are 40nm
4. In order for 5770 to be special for you it would have to be 32 or 22nm which won't happen.

I have 2 5870's in Crossfire with a i7 @ 4Ghz but you don't see me bragging about it, or using it as a sig. You have a much slower setup and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

+1, this thread is basically a conversation between two *770 junkies, get AIM, get on it, have a convo, quit spamming threads with your nonsensical love of the HD5770. Hell I'm getting it, I'm also recommending it to other people who are looking to buy a $150-170 card, but calm down about it being, as next-Jin says, the best thing since sliced bread.
 
That is not official.
There is even a note about the embargo dates.
wait till 12 AM tomorrow and get back to me. there are people that already have the cards and the 5770 does have 800sp. sorry but maybe you will have to wait for a 6770 to give you an e-woody.
 
wait till 12 AM tomorrow and get back to me. there are people that already have the cards and the 5770 does have 800sp.



That will be soon enough. I really want to know how many SP it has.

pvhk can you verify the stream processor number? Looks like GPU-Z may not read it correctly.
 
That is not official.
There is even a note about the embargo dates.
How do you know that's not official? Have some extra information? Source?

And the 5850/5870 slides, which looked identical to how these look in terms of being presentation slides, ended up being 100% accurate, and the pre-NDA lift 5850/5870 slides also showed an "embargo" date on them.

Some more "information" for you, matching what those slides and others have said: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=20640

Of course, you'll just say that's misinformation also, lol.
 
Of course, you'll just say that's misinformation also, lol.

Not at all.

That is why i asked pvhk (he has a HD5770) to verify the number of stream processors.
I really would just like to know how many stream processors the HD5770 has.
There is some confusion across the internet right now.
 
Not true.

Yes, it is true. You labeled this thread as well as anyone could. You posted in the right section. It is on a very popular computer hardware forum. And still, only one person is clamoring for this card. You. Do you see anyone else posting in this thread that wants it anywhere near as much as you do?



I think alot of people will be suprised at how well the HD5770 performs which will lead to more interest to a HD5770x2.


I don't think so. It will be within reasonable expectations from anyone knowledgeable about video cards. If it blew away the 4890 at stock speeds or if it performed worse than a 4770, THAT would surprise a lot of people. People expect newer cards to perform as well as previous cards while being cheaper or to be better than previous cards while keeping the same price. At least people that know what they are talking about.


Again remember that ATI officially went public with their support for a HD4770x2 and I see no reeason for ATI to not support a HD5770x2.

There is a big difference between AMD supporting an idea vs. them making a video card for sale.
 
There is a big difference between AMD supporting an idea vs. them making a video card for sale.



The real big difference is between average hardware enthusiast discussing video card technology and the owner of the technology discussing the same idea.

That was my point.
 
+1, this thread is basically a conversation between two *770 junkies, get AIM, get on it, have a convo, quit spamming threads with your nonsensical love of the HD5770.


if that happens in other threads, maybe you should post it there. How can that be spamming in this thread? Read the title!



That is not official.
There is even a note about the embargo dates.


Then you should already know that the only official source would be from ATI and that hasn't been released yet so why even bother asking him that question if you already know the answer...
 
Then you should already know that the only official source would be from ATI and that hasn't been released yet so why even bother asking him that question if you already know the answer...


Another source would be a person who has a HD5770 who has software that will read the number of stream processors.
That is why I asked pvhk (He has HD5770) if there is a way he can verify the number of stream processors. I'm not trying to get anybody to go on a wild goose chase. Just searching for solid answers.
 
but would that be an official source? No.

Exactly. Because if someone does say "X software tells me it has 800 stream processors". he's going to simply say then that the software is just outdated, and not accurate (as he already mentioned I think with GPU-Z or something).

He won't finally accept that it only has 800 stream processors until AMD/ATI themselves say it once the NDA lifts this week.
 
Exactly. Because if someone does say "X software tells me it has 800 stream processors". he's going to simply say then that the software is just outdated, and not accurate (as he already mentioned I think with GPU-Z or something).

He won't finally accept that it only has 800 stream processors until AMD/ATI themselves say it once the NDA lifts this week.

Again you are wrong.

pvhk and I go back some time now here at HF and a few other online computer discussion communities. I trust his info and that is why I asked him.

I'm the one who stated that I think there may be a problem with GPUZ because all the GPUZ screen shots of HD5770 that I have seen have been missing information. This could be due to a bad driver install. Not sure. In any case I trust that phvk could offer some insight to the number of stream processors of the HD5770.

In any case there definitely seems to be confusion over the number of stream processors of the HD5770 and soon we will all know how many there is.
 
Again you are wrong.

pvhk and I go back some time now here at HF and a few other online computer discussion communities. I trust his info and that is why I asked him.

I'm the one who stated that I think there may be a problem with GPUZ because all the GPUZ screen shots of HD5770 that I have seen have been missing information. This could be due to a bad driver install. Not sure. In any case I trust that phvk could offer some insight to the number of stream processors of the HD5770.

In any case there definitely seems to be confusion over the number of stream processors of the HD5770 and soon we will all know how many there is.
you are the only person that is confused. its clear from the numbers that the 5770 has only 800sp and not the 1120 you were hoping for.
 
In any case there definitely seems to be confusion over the number of stream processors of the HD5770 and soon we will all know how many there is.


there is also confusion over what the word "official" means. Either that or you like to disregard information that doesn't please you.
 
you are the only person that is confused. its clear from the numbers that the 5770 has only 800sp and not the 1120 you were hoping for.

Do a google search on the subject and you will see there are stream numbers being discussed of 1120 SP and 800 SP.

Also I know for a fact the HD4770 can beat up almost all HD4850s.

HD4850 has more stream processors and a 256mb bit.

So I'm not putting all of my trust on the number of stream processors as there is other performance factors of the 40nm GPU that are yet to be fully understood. Because 40nm technology rocks!:cool:
 
Do a google search on the subject and you will see there are stream numbers being discussed of 1120 SP and 800 SP.

Also I know for a fact the HD4770 can beat up almost all HD4850s.

HD4850 has more stream processors and a 256mb bit.

So I'm not putting all of my trust on the number of stream processors as there is other performance factors of the 40nm GPU that are yet to be fully understood. Because 40nm technology rocks!:cool:
Based on pvhk's benchmarks, a 5770 is outperformed by a 4890 at similar clockspeeds, so it seems obvious that the 5770 doesn't have more SPs (otherwise, it would perform noticeably better).
 
Based on pvhk's benchmarks, a 5770 is outperformed by a 4890 at similar clockspeeds, so it seems obvious that the 5770 doesn't have more SPs (otherwise, it would perform noticeably better).

That seems logical but then again it also has a smaller 128bit memory interface. So it could go either way. 800 sp does seem reasonable though.
 
Do a google search on the subject and you will see there are stream numbers being discussed of 1120 SP and 800 SP.
I did just do a Google search, for "Radeon 5770 stream processors", and out of the first two pages, 10 results per page, no results on the first page showed anything other than it having 800 stream processors.

On the second page, there were two results out of ten that listed it as having 1120 stream processors. And those two results were from no-name hardware sites. Sorry, I'm not about to take "hardwarecanucks.com" as a source for how many SPs it has.

so I know for a fact the HD4770 can beat up almost all HD4850s.

HD4850 has more stream processors and a 256mb bit.
First of all, no, the 4850 has 800 SPs, so it's either tied with the 5770 in terms of how many SPs it has, or it's lower than the 5770, if we go with your 1120 SPs.

Second of all, the 5770's core clock is supposedly 800Mhz. That's a good bit higher than the 4850's ~620-640Mhz core clock.

Third, the 5770 uses GDDR5, vs. the 4850's GDDR3.

Overall, it's easily possible that with the architectural adjustments made by AMD, that the 5770 would outperform the 4850. And as leaked benchmarks show and as others here have stated, that appears to be exactly what's happening.

Not sure where you're getting your Kool Aid from, but care to share?
 
That seems logical but then again it also has a smaller 128bit memory interface. So it could go either way. 800 sp does seem reasonable though.
The smaller memory bus would explain why the 5770 does worse at higher clock speeds rather than having the same performance.
 
its going to be 800 for the 5770. also the card will be $159 so that should easily give you a hint that 1120 isnt happening. 1120 would have made little sense in a 128bit card even with gddr5 especially at its intended price bracket. there really needs to be a 5830 to fill that $100 price and performance gap though.

I agree with this. I have a 4850 clocked at 680 core, and I would want at least a 5830-class card to make me upgrade from this one.
 
...... you continue to be overly excessive in your love for something simply because it was on a 40nm process.

..........You have a much slower setup and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.



So I'm not putting all of my trust on the number of stream processors as there is other performance factors of the 40nm GPU that are yet to be fully understood. Because 40nm technology rocks!:cool:

I almost want to go back and quote your "I won't upgrade to i5 until motherboards support full 3x x16 PCI Express 2.0 Bandwidth for the full performance of tri-fire 4770's and 40nm technology..."
 
I almost want to go back and quote your "I won't upgrade to i5 until motherboards support full 3x x16 PCI Express 2.0 Bandwidth for the full performance of tri-fire 4770's and 40nm technology..."
I have never understood why he thinks 40nm is some kind of magical process. the process itself has nothing to do with performance and will perform exactly the same as 55nm with a gpu of the same architecture. of course it will use less power and allow higher clocks because it is smaller but that it.
 
First of all, no, the 4850 has 800 SPs, so it's either tied with the 5770 in terms of how many SPs it has, or it's lower than the 5770, if we go with your 1120 SPs.

Second of all, the 5770's core clock is supposedly 800Mhz. That's a good bit higher than the 4850's ~620-640Mhz core clock.

Third, the 5770 uses GDDR5, vs. the 4850's GDDR3.

Overall, it's easily possible that with the architectural adjustments made by AMD, that the 5770 would outperform the 4850. And as leaked benchmarks show and as others here have stated, that appears to be exactly what's happening.

Not sure where you're getting your Kool Aid from, but care to share?

:eek:

You quoted me discussing the HD4770 then you bring up the HD5770. Take a look at what I'm posting before thinking.


Once again I posted that the HD4770s has less stream processors than the HD4850 and the HD4770 can beat almost all HD4850s when the HD4770 is properly over clocked.

My point is that though the stream processors on the HD4770 or HD5770 are lower than higher end cards the 40nm GPU can still put out an incredible amount of performance.
 
I almost want to go back and quote your "I won't upgrade to i5 until motherboards support full 3x x16 PCI Express 2.0 Bandwidth for the full performance of tri-fire 4770's and 40nm technology..."


I have no problem stating that it's time for a full 3x16x PCI 2.0 MB chipset.
:rolleyes:
 
I agree with this. I have a 4850 clocked at 680 core, and I would want at least a 5830-class card to make me upgrade from this one.



The HD5770's technology is vastly better than the HD4850.

Going from HD4850 to HD5770 would be a great upgrade.
 
I have no problem stating that it's time for a full 3x16x PCI 2.0 MB chipset.
:rolleyes:

Oh look I can :rolleyes: too, your :rolleyes:'s me because you think having 3 freaking full X16 PCI lanes is going to do anything to change trifire 4770's....

Oh and let me just :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: one last time for effect.
 
SonDa5 lol

Don't forget folks that this is the guy that went for a dual PSU setup because he thought his 650W corsair was limiting his 4770 xfire's performance
 
Oh look I can :rolleyes: too, your :rolleyes:'s me because you think having 3 freaking full X16 PCI lanes is going to do anything to change trifire 4770's....

Oh and let me just :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: one last time for effect.


Hey if you are happy with current mb chipset technology that is your perogitive. IMO I expected much more from the P55 chipset than PCI 2.0 2x 8x crossfire speeds.
It's just a short matter of time till there will be video cards that will benefit from faster pci slots. I don't mean only the HD4770/HD5770/HD5770x2 either. I'm refering to buying a MB that will not shortly be out dated.
 
The HD5770's technology is vastly better than the HD4850.

Going from HD4850 to HD5770 would be a great upgrade.
it will likely be a somewhat decent 20-30% jump but with DX11and lower power consumptions it might be worth it to some people. if somebody is really unhappy with their 4850 then they would likely need to look to the 5850 especially at higher resolutions.
 
SonDa5 lol

Don't forget folks that this is the guy that went for a dual PSU setup because he thought his 650W corsair was limiting his 4770 xfire's performance


I did it as an experiment to see if it would benefit my RIG. I did it for fun. Because I am enthusiastic about building RIGs. :rolleyes:

I didn't lose a penny trying it out and I learned a few things about tuning my system. Ran the OCCT PSU ripple analyzer. Learned a few things. In the end it was a fun experiment and I grew from the personal discovery of it all.


I also discovered that that Corsair TX650W is a great PSU because my over clocked rig is seriously burning some power up when I stress it.
 
I did it as an experiment to see if it would benefit my RIG. I did it for fun. Because I am enthusiastic about building RIGs. :rolleyes:

I didn't lose a penny trying it out and I learned a few things about tuning my system. Ran the OCCT PSU ripple analyzer. Learned a few things. In the end it was a fun experiment and I grew from the personal discovery of it all.


I also discovered that that Corsair TX650W is a great PSU because my over clocked rig is seriously burning some power up when I stress it.
lol. nothing wrong with having plenty of extra room for future upgrades but your system is not even using 250 watts under load.
 
5850 especially at higher resolutions.

HD5770 can do high resolution no problem. Even on 3 displays at the same time. (eye infinity).

For the price the HD5770 is a great deal IMO. It should be able to play any modern game with decent fps. Add 2 HD5770s for HD5870 performance. That is a great deal.
 
I have never understood why he thinks 40nm is some kind of magical process. the process itself has nothing to do with performance and will perform exactly the same as 55nm with a gpu of the same architecture. of course it will use less power and allow higher clocks because it is smaller but that it.

:rolleyes:

You obviously must not be a computer enthusiast because you repeatedly down play the progression of a processor.
 
IMO I expected much more from the P55 chipset than PCI 2.0 2x 8x crossfire speeds.
If you expected a mid-range platform to have more features than a high-end one, you're simply misguided.
Ran the OCCT PSU ripple analyzer.
There is no such thing...
I also discovered that that Corsair TX650W is a great PSU because my over clocked rig is seriously burning some power up when I stress it.
The TX650 is a great PSU, but you aren't stressing it too much. I would estimate that your system consumes at most 350-400W of power.
 
HD5770 can do high resolution no problem. Even on 3 displays at the same time. (eye infinity).

For the price the HD5770 is a great deal IMO. It should be able to play any modern game with decent fps. Add 2 HD5770s for HD5870 performance. That is a great deal.

/facepalm....

Gonna just give up that 2'nd slot instead of just getting the 5870 for around the same price are we?

:rolleyes:

You obviously must not be a computer enthusiast because you repeatedly down play the progression of a processor.

No one is advocating to stall technology...... you are just arguing that 40nm is somehow better than 55nm.
 
:rolleyes:


Show me my load calcuation for all my devices. The math better add up to.
:eek:
well look at reviews for yourself instead of rolling your eyes. a 4770 crossfire setup with a high end i7 cpu uses about 320-330 watts at the wall. your cpu uses about 50-60 watts less so that 270 right there. factor in psu efficiency and you are way under 250 watts usage. you try to act really smart but all you end up doing is making a fool of yourself.

hell the two cards by themselves only use 99 watts. http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd4770-crossfirex_2.html#sect0
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top