• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HardOCP Question on SSD

Intel
Corsair
Crucial

in that order.
 
I'm not really brand loyal. Whatever stands up to third party testing at a particular price/performance point is what I'll buy.
 
I have an Intel G2 (with the Intel controller) and a Zalman (with a JMicron controller)

IMO, the brand isn't as important as the controller. A whole slew of companies use Sandforce controllers, and they generally have similar performance.

I did notice some difference in bundled accessories.

My Intel came with a SATA to molex cable (which I plan to use), a 18" SATA cable, and an adapter to mount it in a 3.5" drive bay.

My Zalman had the nice feature of including a mini USB connector on it, and it came with a nice miniUSB to two USB A cable. Actually kinda nice, because I can use it with my 2.5" external hard drive. Unfourtunately, it didn't come with a SATA cable (kinda important to me, since I bought my mobo used without SATA cables, so I had to use one of the old ones without the latches that came with my Socket 478 board back in the day), or a molex to SATA adapter, or a drive bay adapter. So I had to drop $6 on an adapter to use it in a normal drive bay. I was somewhat annoyed, but that's what buying a <$50 SSD gives you, I guess.
 
Intel, Curcial, Corsair.

I have 2 Intel drives and Corsair parts are pretty much taking over my systems anyways.
 
Intel
OCZ
Corsair

Not really an informed choice, but more like a bias at this point
 
I love my Corsair P128. I will never buy a OCZ ssd after the bad experience I had.

Corsair
Intel
Kingston
 
Last edited:
Corsair (awesome company, I would buy anything from them)
OCZ (as much as I hate the company, they do make very well performing SSDs)
Intel (too expensive for the performance, but reliable)
 
Back
Top