HardOCP Question on SSD

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Top three companies/brands you would buy an SSD from? Go!

Intel. That's it, don't really trust the others.

Intel.

IF I were to buy an SSD, that is...I'm still on mechanical ones and plan to stay on them for a long time to come.

In this order:
OCZ, Intel, Crucial.
OCZ and Intel are obvious choices. They essentially run the show and everyone else plays catch up.
I wanna throw in Corsair and Kingston as interchangeable with Crucial. But I'll stick with Crucial as my "third".

Kingston, Intel, Crucial.

Kingston won a customer for life when they supported an old 16-port 10/100 switch I had ... in 2007.

Intel
Crucial
G.Skill

I have to add G.Skill because I already have one from them and have been quite happy with their support. I had one of their early 256 Meg models that didn't include TRIM. After it began to slow down after a few months of use, I went through their RMA process to upgrade to a newer model that did. Only cost me the shipping.

Crucial, Crosair, OCZ.

Micron and sandforce is high on my list.

Intel is pretty acceptable.

Intel, Crucial, and OCZ.

In that order. Model would be based on application.

Corsair, Intel...and while I don't think they make any now, if Western Digital were to start they'd be atop my list.

why are people so partial to Intel anyway? what do they have over the other big name manufacturers?

Intel, Corsair, G.Skill

One of my bigger factors would be price/performance. I can't justify the cost of a 256GB SSD (and that's what I need for my OS and programs).

Plus it would have to have TRIM and all that stuff

Intel is definitely at the top in terms of trust, if they offer substantial performance advantages Corsair, and if it's cheap enough OCZ (I trust them a bit less though so I'd definitely want to be more on the ball with backups.)

Intel, OCZ, and um... Corsair for the 6Gbps / Performance 3 series if I could afford one...

Back