Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
New listings and exchanges with 343 Industries members suggest the rumor is true -- Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC.

apps.29340.69257724269862885.2ce5fb2c-3d51-42ea-8390-fdd892c13e19.jpg

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-gets-a-weird-surface-hub-listing/

Rumors:
Windows 10 Store exclusive
Halo: Reach (and Firefight co-op) added
Launching today

I bought an Xbox one just for this game and couldn't have been more disappointed.

Hopefully they bring it to PC and don't fuck it up, or at least deliver a good enough product that the community can fix through mods.

I still go to annual Halo CE LANs.

For the first time ever, The Master Chief’s story comes to PC. Featuring Halo: Reach along with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, the Halo 3: ODST Campaign and Halo 4, this is the definitive Halo experience.

Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, The Master Chief’s story is brought together with a total of 67 campaign missions plus more than 120 multiplayer maps (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps. Now built for PC with mouse and keyboard support and up to 4K UHD and HDR, this is the collection Halo fans have been waiting for!

Nice. On steam. I have yet to buy anything from the Microsoft store and likely will not.

other than download speeds sucking sometimes it's not really that bad. plus you don't have to leave it open like steam/uplay/epic/etc.

For the first time ever, The Master Chief’s story comes to PC. Featuring Halo: Reach along with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, the Halo 3: ODST Campaign and Halo 4, this is the definitive Halo experience.

Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, The Master Chief’s story is brought together with a total of 67 campaign missions plus more than 120 multiplayer maps (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps. Now built for PC with mouse and keyboard support and up to 4K UHD and HDR, this is the collection Halo fans have been waiting for!

The wording on that is bringing back bad memories of when they did the single player Halo CE Anniversary remaster and just added Halo CE maps to Halo 4 instead of actual Halo CE multiplayer.

Can anyone confirm it's the multiplayer for the individual games like the xbox one version?

Is this PC only or are there any details on it being a Play Anywhere title (maybe the windows store version)? I have a group of friends I play Halo with occasionally and I'd be the only one of them interested in playing it on PC.

The wording on that is bringing back bad memories of when they did the single player Halo CE Anniversary remaster and just added Halo CE maps to Halo 4 instead of actual Halo CE multiplayer.

Can anyone confirm it's the multiplayer for the individual games like the xbox one version?

One of the screenshots there is good-ol fashioned CTF on Blood Gulch. I would bet its just like the MCC on Xbox, which is really a repackaged Halo PC multiplayer.

Is this PC only or are there any details on it being a Play Anywhere title (maybe the windows store version)? I have a group of friends I play Halo with occasionally and I'd be the only one of them interested in playing it on PC.
Likely XBOX one as well

Likely XBOX one as well

I see they plan on adding Reach to the Xbox version but can't find any details about crossplay. I'm hoping though.
I already play Gears of War 4 on PC with my Xbox buddies. It would be great to do the same with this game.

what the fuck hardforum, do we have any more information on this? when will it come out? cross play with xbone? Im seriously shoveling money into my monitor.

Since they said they'll be releasing the games individually I would imagine it will be setup just like the Xbone version.
Play Anywhere, yes. They haven't said anything about crossplay, though.
what the fuck hardforum, do we have any more information on this? when will it come out? cross play with xbone? Im seriously shoveling money into my monitor.
We don't have anymore information at this time.

Reactions: Dan
like this
18 posts in and nobody has found a way to shit on Microsoft yet... gotta double check that I'm still on [H]....

IMO this is pretty telling that MS intends to make good on their promise to give PC the attention it deserves again... especially with a Steam release. It will be interesting to see if they start releasing all their games on Steam or if this is just to try and drum up interest in Halo on PC to only offer Infinity on their store. We'll see... but I'm calling this is a pretty big win for now.

Huh. Guess I'll have to finally play Halo.

Presumably we will get 5 and Infinite eventually?

Extremely surprised it isn't locked to Windows Store. Awesome. Would be even better if they also had it on GOG.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
My kid is going to make me get this. :D:D

I haven't played Halo PC since it fist game out. Gotta pay it a visit.

Finally! I haven't played Halo since CE, never got Halo 2 cuz I heard the only differences were the ability to dual wield and to play the Covenant. Now I get my chance.

so this is not going to be a remaster?...just a port with expanded PC options

Halo 1 was remastered a few years back and Halo 2 was remastered for MCC on Xbox One. 4 was updated with 60fps. Halo 3 and ODST were pretty much straight ports except 1080p or 4k. Reach was not in MCC but it should just be a straight port.

We can assume all this will hold true for the PC version except for unlocked framerates and multi resolution support. edit- and mouse/keyboard support obv.

They will get the same base enhancements they got for the XB1 release. So basically the same textures just with some upscaling applied. Halo 3 looked decent on the XB1, I haven't played the ODST release yet. Any XBX enhancements they have will likely translate over to the PC as well. So 4K res support (maybe HDR as well, but I'm not going to count on it). I'm hoping they let them all run at an uncapped frame rate or, at the very least, set the cap to 144hz.

Really surprised it's not exclusive to Windows Store. I see that even on Steam it will still use your Xbox Live account. Glad to finally be able to play ODST and Reach on PC. ODST I particularly enjoy. Still play Gearbox port of Halo 1 on PC to this day. Played all other Halo games a bunch of time on consoles (both solo and in 2P-4P co-op, also spent some time with Firefight modes), where I can't properly experience the game cuz no mouse and keyboard. Also nice to have the Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary remasters on PC. I still love the originals, but the new graphics and environment art in the remasters are quite interesting.

Finally! I haven't played Halo since CE, never got Halo 2 cuz I heard the only differences were the ability to dual wield and to play the Covenant. Now I get my chance.
cartographer.online - Project Cartographer
and
https://www.halo2.online/threads/project-cartographer-feature-add-ons-to-halo-2.2149/
Basically the PC version we should have gotten to begin with.

Since this will be on Steam, will it be W10 only I wonder? I played the Steam version of Quantum Break just fine without W10.

Since this will be on Steam, will it be W10 only I wonder? I played the Steam version of Quantum Break just fine without W10.
It's most likely built on UWP, which would mean Windows 10 only. Quantum Break was backported to Win32 when it came to Steam, which is why you could play it on Windows 7 just fine. Right now system requirements just say "Microsoft Windows" with no mention of version.

It's most likely built on UWP, which would mean Windows 10 only. Quantum Break was backported to Win32 when it came to Steam, which is why you could play it on Windows 7 just fine. Right now system requirements just say "Microsoft Windows" with no mention of version.

Damn. Guess I could dual boot....

Lot of good build-up with this being announced. Exciting for sure.

Back