Half-Life 3 Engine screenshots?

Here get him back: I made this high quality photoshop picture a while ago.
doom4.jpg

*zombies!*

There should be a game about resurrecting zombie threads......

ok maybe not :rolleyes:

Hopefully they update all the steam source engine games to look like this with a patch upgrade :). Most likely though it'll probably come when hl3 comes.

I bet Valve is hardly even working on Half Life 3 engine yet, they are going to make HL2 Episodes to continue to rake in the money.

There is only going to be one more episode in the Half-Life 2 series. According to Gabe Newell, there will be further excursions into the Half-Life universe, but he didn't go into specifics.

I saw this thread, and the OP pics, and I said to myself.. I've seen this before.. like.. a year ago..

The first post was dated so last year so yup, its pretty old. lol never really heard about it since.:)

There is only going to be one more episode in the Half-Life 2 series. According to Gabe Newell, there will be further excursions into the Half-Life universe, but he didn't go into specifics.

We can only hope they continue on. The HL2 story is a good one.

http://www.yougamers.com/news/9494_half-life_2_the_orange_box_exclusive_system_requirements/
Gabe also shed some light on future Half-Life 2 episodes. While the release date for HL2: Episode 3 isn't set, Valve is working on it for subsequent release after The Orange Box comes out. After Episode 3, however, they will have a break, sit back and look at where the series is going. Does this mean we'll see a climactic ending of the story arc at the end of Episode 3?

I agree that it is a good story, but every story needs to end at some point. Gordon Freeman's story is, I hope, almost concluded. Dude needs some rest, and he needs to get down with Alyx and help repopulate the world.

But there are tons of other stories that could be told about other people in the resistance.

Unfortunately, the "7 Minute War" is far too short to make a compelling story.

I didn't see anyone say something about this link, but the last time it was updated was May 2006... so I don't think they've done much with "Beta Source" for a while. :confused::eek:

uh... yeah, I was about to point that out.. but then I looked at the dates on most of the posts.. lol. oh well.

regardless, those nudies look pretty sweet.. not total reality type, but closer to it.. they do have a painting/picture quality to them also.. very nice.. a good step forward if part of a credible engine project..

I agree that it is a good story, but every story needs to end at some point. Gordon Freeman's story is, I hope, almost concluded. Dude needs some rest, and he needs to get down with Alyx and help repopulate the world.

Unfortunately, the "7 Minute War" is far too short to make a compelling story.

:D Sorry but when I read the second part I laughed.

I like that somebody in the comments section didn't quite get it:

" James on Sunday, July 23rd 2006 at 07:54:33 PM
Can't wait until the game is released, it's looking good so far! "

Goddamn. This sucks, we were all fooled.

Valve doesn't currently have plans to launch a whole new engine. They plan to just introduce minor tweaks and whatnot along the way into their already working quite well engine. I read an interview with Gabe Newell in GFW Magazine where he talked about it.

I love all the people commenting on how it doesnt impress them, these are people that have definately been in their basements wayyyyy to long.
Like seriously, real life doesnt look good? COME ON!?#

I love all the people commenting on how it doesnt impress them, these are people that have definately been in their basements wayyyyy to long.
Like seriously, real life doesnt look good? COME ON!?#

lol, again. QFT.

How much more photo-realistic can things get? Except for VR, of course ;)

lol, no kidding. Looks seriously incredible!

Already made me feel extremely impatient for it's release and the first FPS that will use it! :D

It's not fucking real. Those are actual photographs. Notwithstanding the fact that this is all over a year old. Improve your reading skills.

It's not fucking real. Those are actual photographs. Notwithstanding the fact that this is all over a year old. Improve your reading skills.

You need to chill-out there a bit, buddy. My "reading skills" are not the issue here. My blazing through the forums right now in the midst of working would be the issue.

Your "e-superiority" notwithstanding, pointlessly insulting other adults on the forums here is a testament to your low level of maturity and thinking.

With that said, I wish I had taken an another minute to have realized your rudely expressed point, if anything to avoid having to deal with such devolved attitudes, as much as to avoid having been excited over something that is complete bullshit. I just simply had not noticed in my rushing around the forums at the moment.

Back