[H] trending up, EVGA trending down

I had long suspected there were a lot of -bigadv folders over there. The main thing that annoys me about the P2864s is stability, second is the slow speed. If they can be made more stable I wouldn't mind folding them so much. I could understand their frustration to an extent.

Yup, this is exactly it for me and why i've -oneunit'd my current 2684 and will migrate to Windows A3 advmeth when this is done. I will likely try going back to bigadv after a week of so though as i'm addicted on big things. I don't necessarily mind that it is taking me almost 4 days to crunch a bigadv work unit if the threat of instability wasn't there. I'm just hoping that the PD gets these problems worked out soon, as I would hate to see people start to leave such a great DC project in droves due to frustration.

well i just got my i7 box on line so theres another 40k ppd. just finished my second bigadv WU last night. i gots to get a better video card for some extra points.....

Nice! I will be sending out the [H]ard Box tomorrow.... wonder what I will do with the unused power plug.... :D

Make another [H]ard Boxen!

Damn they've found some more power from somewhere , the overtake is back down to 11th Nov:(

Damn they've found some more power from somewhere , the overtake is back down to 11th Nov:(
Yeah, I've noticed that, yet their top 20 performance seems to be declining. Interesting opposing indicators.

Tiger should be coming back in a month, and we know that Vaulter is going to get his SR2 setup in a couple weeks or so. That right there is going to be adding 350k+ ppd to our numbers :)

Even being a newer folder on the team, this is pretty exciting to follow as everyone does what they can.

looks like most of them switched to standard A3 WU's which is my guess and are now making up the points difference they were losing.. i still expect to see their PPD drop as the summer continues with all those people over there probably running GTX 400 series garbage..

I hate to say this but things have been getting hot for my GPUs and I might have to take one offline unless I can get them under control again. One of them is running hotter than a 470 under load???:confused:

I hate to say this but things have been getting hot for my GPUs and I might have to take one offline unless I can get them under control again. One of them is running hotter than a 470 under load???:confused:
Remove cooler, clean it out with air, reapply new compound and make sure it's tight fitting onto the card. Did that for my Ati 3850 that was running hot since last winter and now it is fully 20 degrees cooler. My OC is also higher and it's producing nearly 2200 PPD where it was only doing 1700 PPD before.

I recently changed thermal paste to the leftover MX-3 I had from my Noctua install, but a good cleaning is in order. Whenever I can get a chance I am going to tweak the airflow in my case to make sure to get the air moving off the T-rad2 coolers a lot better.

In the meantime I will follow Douglas Adams' famous words: "Don't Panic!"

I recently changed thermal paste to the leftover MX-3 I had from my Noctua install, but a good cleaning is in order. Whenever I can get a chance I am going to tweak the airflow in my case to make sure to get the air moving off the T-rad2 coolers a lot better.

In the meantime I will follow Douglas Adams' famous words: "Don't Panic!"

Here ya go, "Don't Panic" on a towel, you should be set.

dontpanictowel.jpg

ya the only people panicking should be EVGA since it seems their mobo team packed up and left :eek:

ya the only people panicking should be EVGA since it seems their mobo team packed up and left :eek:

It's ok, the work on the SR-2 is done. Now I just need someone to get E5530s or similar up and running and some ppd number to see if it is worth it.

ya the only people panicking should be EVGA since it seems their mobo team packed up and left
Shouldn't matter for the time being, the SR-2 and the H/P55 and X58 mobos they have now should be enough for a few months. However, they really need to find a new team, otherwise they're not going to be so happy.

And on a related note, good on Sapphire.

only some of the people in their motherboard team left.. not all of them..

over there generally when the project manager leaves all his people come with them... their teams tend to stick together for the long run...

over there generally when the project manager leaves all his people come with them... their teams tend to stick together for the long run...

They probably have some guy in accounting sitting at a desk wondering what is going on.

Yeah, I've noticed that, yet their top 20 performance seems to be declining. Interesting opposing indicators.

This is most likely due to the switch from A2 to A3 bigadv. I'd guess our top 20 performance is down a similar amount as well. I know I am seeing a 20% drop in ppd with four of my 5 machines running A3 bigadv right now. It also implies that eVGA is not as GPU-heavy as we may have thought, especially on the top end.

This is most likely due to the switch from A2 to A3 bigadv. I'd guess our top 20 performance is down a similar amount as well. I know I am seeing a 20% drop in ppd with four of my 5 machines running A3 bigadv right now.
Actually, out top 20 is up quite a bit, possible to the amount EVGA is down. We have at least 8 solid members in the 100k+ PPD region, theirs is down to only 5 members. And, this is without some of our top players like Tiger, Sunin, Evil, etc. So it's a significant reversal from the time before the CC. :confused:

It also implies that eVGA is not as GPU-heavy as we may have thought, especially on the top end.
I totally agree about their GPU use.

Well, lassiterb and beekeeper really stepped on the gas in the last couple months, and FLECOM coming back helps a bunch. These A3 bigadv's are about to boot me out of the 100K club unfortunately. I'll post 170K today, but will put up a big goose egg tomorrow... :(

Well, lassiterb and beekeeper really stepped on the gas in the last couple months, and FLECOM coming back helps a bunch. These A3 bigadv's are about to boot me out of the 100K club unfortunately. I'll post 170K today, but will put up a big goose egg tomorrow... :(
I know what you mean. One of my machines really does not like the P2684s. It's running native Linux. I think I only uploaded one P2684 unit from that machine since they were released, so you can imagine I'm not faring all that well either. Besides this, I've had several unrelated GPU 'events' that were rather a close call, but I think I resolved those issues for the time being.

It seems like 2684's run ok (at least for me) but if you mess with them (ie close the client down temporarily), you might as well clear out the work folder because it's gonna flush itself. :mad: I learned that the hard way on 1 2684...the other one on the other machine I left alone and it processed and finished ok (and of course picked up another 2684). :(

We hit over 5.1M points in the last 24hrs and that is good, but EVGA's overtake is once again under the 5 month mark. I don't recall it has been this low since the CC.

We hit over 5.1M points in the last 24hrs and that is good, but EVGA's overtake is once again under the 5 month mark. I don't recall it has been this low since the CC.

yeah it was at 3.2 months before the CC dropped to 2.6 months during the CC then went back up to 3.6 months after the CC..

Here ya go, "Don't Panic" on a towel, you should be set.

dontpanictowel.jpg

:D Thanks for the towel picture.

Time to read some Vogon poetry and plan my next build. I've got a 920 sitting in storage and I got to do something with it.

:D Thanks for the towel picture.

Time to read some Vogon poetry and plan my next build. I've got a 920 sitting in storage and I got to do something with it.

Build the rig first, then poetry. Can I have your rigs after you die?

On second thought I want to live. Think I'll skip the Vogon poetry reading.

Having just had a quick look at the stats it looks like they have picked up a bunch of new folders, probably taking advantage of the bucks program, lets see how long they stick it out

Having just had a quick look at the stats it looks like they have picked up a bunch of new folders, probably taking advantage of the bucks program, lets see how long they stick it out
Was there a new drive to promote the program very recently?

Well, I guess we'll just have to keep doing a boxen give away to stay even.

Fold On!

Not that i've seen but it is the start of a new month so that may of attracted some of the more casual folders back to the team
With each new update the overtake is dropping by a large amount. By tomorrow it will be under 4 months. Maybe you're right, it's hard to say without reading their forum, but if there was no additional drive for their promotion and no additional incentives such as a competition, it's difficult to quantify the sudden upsurge by conventional means.

With each new update the overtake is dropping by a large amount. By tomorrow it will be under 4 months. Maybe you're right, it's hard to say without reading their forum, but if there was no additional drive for their promotion and no additional incentives such as a competition, it's difficult to quantify the sudden upsurge by conventional means.

I just checked the stats on EOC - literally dozens of folders in the 1k-10k range and large numbers in the 000's

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=111065

I just checked and it looks like they will over take us Oct. 7th. They are putting out 7,832,031 ppd and we are doing 4,663,169 average. Wish I could help more but the wifey's got a single core Athlon 3500 (AM2) and onboard graphics. Kids have a Athlon XP 3500 (939) andd a 6600GT. If I would stop getting furloughed at work I'd throw a quad core AM3 on her board and a 9800GTX in the kids. They all love the folding project and are always asking about my output. Some day soon.

I just checked and it looks like they will over take us Oct. 7th. They are putting out 7,832,031 ppd and we are doing 4,663,169 average.
Assuming that everything stays as it is which is very unlikely, that date is going to move around quite a bit before fall comes. Tiger will be coming back later in the summer and he's good for about 250k PPD all on his own. There are others who aren't at their full potential including myself. We can easily do 5M+ PPD just with the current members and hardware we have right now.

I'm outputting ~11k PPD less now with my 9800GX2 out of the race.

Maybe if my company's first game will be released soon and sells really well I could get some fancy new hardware with the cash in a month or two *hint hint* ;)

my outputs gone to shit because ive spent the last 2 days reinstalling windows and fixing the pos master boot record error that windows 7 keeps getting..

I'm happy to say that my output has been pretty solid lately, but I'll be on holiday for a couple weeks later in the month and will be shutting down several of my boxen during that time frame. I'll probably be good for about 40-50k ppd while out, but there will be a drop from what my normal daily output is...

...this will give Capreppy a chance to ramp back up on me. :D

wonders if standford release a proper ati client if we would have enought ppd to cancel the takeover.

Back