[H]OT! X800XTPE AGP $206.10

Sweet it just left King of Prussia a half an hour ago, which is less than an hour away from me.

Am I reading this right? Is the X800 pro the same thing as the x800xtpe? I keep getting them confused.

Goddamn confusing ass naming conventions.

Aaron_ATX said:
Am I reading this right? Is the X800 pro the same thing as the x800xtpe? I keep getting them confused.
where did you read that? the x800 pro has 12 pipelines and runs at lower stock speeds.

Aaron_ATX said:

The X800 Pro has12 pipelines, is clocked at 475/450 core/mem, and usually no VIVO
The X800XT-PE has 16 pipelines, is clocked at 520/575 core/mem, and is VIVO

That pretty much covers the main differences.

....damn I'm slow at teh typing....

Aaron_ATX said:

The pro is clocked slower than the XT PE and has 12 pipes rather than 16. If looking at the pro, you are actually better off grabbing an x800xl (16 pipes) for around the same price.

LR

Edit: Damn, pulling up the rear on that one...

lol, thanks guys, gotcha. I currently have an x800xl. By looking at the ati website I assume they are all out of the x800xtpe agp cards. Bummer. I was wanting to sell my x800xl and upgrade to the x800xtpe for damn near free.....but alas I am too slow.

and if I would have read the ENTIRE thread I would have seen the deal died on page 13.

Guess I need to revisit a few of my taped episodes of reading rainbow.

Dang the fedex guy came early today. But with "signature service not requested", the card is sitting in front of my door. Looks like I'm taking lunch early....

Aaron_ATX said:
and if I would have read the ENTIRE thread I would have seen the deal died on page 13.

Guess I need to revisit a few of my taped episodes of reading rainbow.

strange..the thread is only 10pages long ;)

19 pages long at my settings, and my x800 pro that I'm typing this on now has 16 pipelines.
pipelines.jpg

Yes I'm selling it when the new card arrives :) I'm pretty sure it can be flashed, but I never bothered. It's VIVO.

Mine is here. New, like the rest. White box, all cables. Nice card. Just as warning to everyone still waiting, FedEx is not requiring signatures for these and will leave them at the door.

"Status On FedEx vehicle for delivery" x 2

Good thing i'm home today. :D Now to see if it's going to be delivered in 2 hours or in 7 hours, depending on which driver has this route today.

Yeah I was home for my delivery, but I believe the fedex lady just left it at the door, as she was walking to the truck when I came out to attempt to sign for it.

Havent tried overclocking it yet, but its runnin pretty cool at about 39* idle, just begging to be OCd mmm. I originally was going to slap a swiftec waterblock on it but as I was installing the card i noticed that my reservior was oozing a little goo(no idea what it was, looked like beige toothpaste, and the water was pretty clean inside) looking closer i found a nice large Y shaped crack in the bottom of the reservior going all the way through, im just amazed it didnt bust out and leak everywhere. I guess there was a lil too much pressure in the system, my fault.

So anyway, I have an older VGA Silencer rev3 sittin in a drawer, would that be much better than the stock cooler?

LabRat said:
Mine is here. New, like the rest. White box, all cables. Nice card. Just as warning to everyone still waiting, FedEx is not requiring signatures for these and will leave them at the door.

I guess mine was becasue it was overnight shipping or something, but mine required a signature and I had to go pick it up at the fedex place.

Grrr... 2:30 p.m and the card is still missing. I guess I'm gonna be one of the Fed-ex guys last deliveries.

mine came! pictures in a few minutes.

edit: distracted by flirting :cool:

here they are:

never say never times 2

i'm installing one right now.

pxc said:
edit: distracted by flirting :cool:

Flirting....using the cards, i presume. :p

"Hey, check out my X800XT Platinum Editions. Dont act like you're not impressed"

The guys that got them, when did you order them. I ordered mine on the 11th and fear I have a long wait ahead.

This will be a long overdue upgrade from my 9500 pro

Where the heck is Fed Ex, I can't deal with this FX 5200 anymore. I got a score of 264 in 3D Mark 05, so incredibly bad.

oh really you guys have not gotten charged yet?

I got charged already :confused:

perhaps you guys got a better deal than me?
haha!! :( ;)

EdMcK515 said:
Where the heck is Fed Ex, I can't deal with this FX 5200 anymore. I got a score of 264 in 3D Mark 05, so incredibly bad.

Everything stock and driver defaults:

11,979 3dmark03

5,7xx (cant remember exactly) 3dmark05

I'm so happy I could just float away. :)

I installed and overclocked the first one: 560/590 completely stable and artifact free so far in HL2, Doom3 and 3DMark05.

It got 6217 in 3DMark05 @ stock speed and 6518 @ 560/590. Not bad for a stock cooling R420. I'm going to plug this into my 51" and see what games it will play at 1920x1200. :D

Darroll said:
The guys that got them, when did you order them. I ordered mine on the 11th and fear I have a long wait ahead.

This will be a long overdue upgrade from my 9500 pro

I ordered mine on the 8th.... still no charge! :D

EdMcK515 said:

I ordered mine on 7 31 its still on the truck in portland still needs to go to WA I dont think they are making their date of sat the 20

sorry wrong quote

I got my card today, and I'm definitely happy with it. It was brand new and came in a white box with manual and accessories just like what others got. I ran a few benchmarks and games with no problems at all. Thanks again to the OP and ATI for the deal :).

Got mine, also pristine condition... I'm so stoked will be installing in my HTPC on monday (if it fits!). Best deal ever.... well, not really but pretty dang close.

Got it around 5:30 PM yesterday, got to try Battlefield 2 and Half Life 2 today. I have the settings cranked up full blast and getting great FPS.

Can anyone here explain what all of these extra plugs do? I'm not very familiar with the entire VIVO thing.

I just got my card a couple of hours ago! Yeah!
It looked to be in pristine condition! Yeah!
After trying to run it, the card started to overheat! Boo!
I figured out that the fan wasn't working at ALL! Boo!
Luckily I had ordered an ATI Silencer VGA cooler that ALSO arrived today! Yeah!

This Kick ass card is now working! The core so far is overclocking to 570! I'm so glad I ordered the cooler. Anybody know someone who would want to buy a 9800 Pro 128MB with an ATI Silencer pre-installed?

Mine came today at 330P PDT and I used a magnifing glass to look at the pins they look EXACTLY like the pins on my old 9500 I just took out no difference, actually neither really look scratched so much as smugded , so I guess both cards must still be new... or my new ATI x800 xt pe is refrib'd, just like they said, mine also came with the CD you all said you didn't get the cd's I got everything with mine manual cd the works in a white box card is running okay at 520 560 not going to oc it atleast for now

guess I have to upgrade my cpu amd xp 2400 with new card still getting fps of 35 in wow less in other games

btw without looking really close the card appears new ..

Mine came in yesterday, got around to installing it this AM. Excellent performance for the price paid. I'm with the others on this one. I don't see how this card is a refurb of any sort. No marks of any sort on the AGP fingers at all. Maybe they had a buttload of stock they bought back from OEMs that wanted PCI-E rather than AGP cards. Whatever the case, their loss is our gain.

Ran the card in BF2 at regular speed and OC'ed to 560/590, without any defects in visual quailty or artifacts. The shhhh is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Stats from my recent upgrade jag:

3DMark 2001 scores
9600XT:...........13350
X800XL:...........18224
X800XTPE:.......18959
X800XTPE-OC: 19362

2K3
X800XL:............9395
X800XTPE:.......11624
X800XTPE-OC: 12231

2K5 benches:
9600XT:...........1851
X800XL:...........4755
X800XTPE:.......5971
X800XTPE-OC: 6272

The only drawback is that the XTPE has no active cooling on the RAM, where the XL has a big honking cooler covering the GPU and the RAM on both the front and back sides. The rear cooling is more of a heatplate, but I like to think it helps to pull heat off of the ram and help it dissipate. The XTPE's cooler is copper, where the XL's cooler is Aluminum. More than likely my next step is to go WCing. Aircooling is for the birds.

Pic of the Big Honking Cooler on the X800XL. I actually like the look of it more than the XTPE's Cooler. Simple. Big. Honking. Metal.

X800XL.jpg

To those that were interested, I'll be throwing up the XL for sale in a few days for $238 + ship. Bought it on July 26th @ CC for $257.24. Passing the savings on to you, and I haven't even got the rebate check yet. I'll even include a gift reciept in case you have any warranty type issues. Not that you would, because this card is in perfect condition.

DevilDoc said:
Mine came in yesterday, got around to installing it this AM. Excellent performance for the price paid. I'm with the others on this one. I don't see how this card is a refurb of any sort. No marks of any sort on the AGP fingers at all. Maybe they had a buttload of stock they bought back from OEMs that wanted PCI-E rather than AGP cards. Whatever the case, their loss is our gain.

Ran the card in BF2 at regular speed and OC'ed to 560/590, without any defects in visual quailty or artifacts. The shhhh is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Stats from my recent upgrade jag:

3DMark 2001 scores
9600XT:...........13350
X800XL:...........18224
X800XTPE:.......18959
X800XTPE-OC: 19362

2K3
X800XL:............9395
X800XTPE:.......11624
X800XTPE-OC: 12231

2K5 benches:
9600XT:...........1851
X800XL:...........4755
X800XTPE:.......5971
X800XTPE-OC: 6272

The only drawback is that the XTPE has no active cooling on the RAM, where the XL has a big honking cooler covering the GPU and the RAM on both the front and back sides. The rear cooling is more of a heatplate, but I like to think it helps to pull heat off of the ram and help it dissipate. The XTPE's cooler is copper, where the XL's cooler is Aluminum. More than likely my next step is to go WCing. Aircooling is for the birds.

Pic of the Big Honking Cooler on the X800XL. I actually like the look of it more than the XTPE's Cooler. Simple. Big. Honking. Metal.

X800XL.jpg

To those that were interested, I'll be throwing up the XL for sale in a few days for $238 + ship. Bought it on July 26th @ CC for $257.24. Passing the savings on to you, and I haven't even got the rebate check yet. I'll even include a gift reciept in case you have any warranty type issues. Not that you would, because this card is in perfect condition.

what processor do you have? sounds like you are bottlenecking it. I hit like 22k with a 9800 pro and sempron k8. Im guessing you have a p4?Edit *ahhh axp"

Back