[H]OT! X800XTPE AGP $206.10

I just got mine!!

Installed it along with cats 5.8 and I'm idling at 38 degrees in windows (that's with the stock heatsink... wtf?)

Anyways, I'll do stock benchs, stock cooling OC benches, and WC OC benches today if I have the time!

Arnon said:
I just got mine!!

Installed it along with cats 5.8 and I'm idling at 38 degrees in windows (that's with the stock heatsink... wtf?)

Anyways, I'll do stock benchs, stock cooling OC benches, and WC OC benches today if I have the time!
The idiot didn't even ring my bell yesterday, so the package wasn't dropped off. Talk about frustrating...

I don't think I'm going to get much use out of this card with my old Athlon T-Bird, but at least I should be able to run my old games (NOLF, AvP-series, etc) better than this 8500. ;) At least I HOPE I'll be able to use this card until I upgrade...

Glad to hear everyone's happy so far.

Just a heads up. I had to RMA my card. It wasnt very stable and started experiencing lots of image corruption (in both 3D and 2D). That was followed by distorted image and verticle bars everywhere....Shop ATI said the only thing they could do was credit me back. No replacement card or other offer. Sucks....

chrisf776 said:
Just a heads up. I had to RMA my card. It wasnt very stable and started experiencing lots of image corruption (in both 3D and 2D). That was followed by distorted image and verticle bars everywhere....Shop ATI said the only thing they could do was credit me back. No replacement card or other offer. Sucks....

Sorry to hear about that man. Given that information after the fact, I probably wouldda tried downclocking it a tad to see if that cleared it up, rather than loose teh card completely. Of course, you didnt know that before you sent in the card. :(

Shinare said:
Sorry to hear about that man. Given that information after the fact, I probably wouldda tried downclocking it a tad to see if that cleared it up, rather than loose teh card completely. Of course, you didnt know that before you sent in the card. :(

I tried downclocking it a bit 20 mhz ram and gpu, but it made no difference. If i dropped it lower, what would be the point of having a PE? I hope everyone watches out for it though. ATI doesnt offer replacements, only credit back. I guess ill have to upgrade to PCIE now and get a 7800 GT.

How long were you running the card, and how hard were you OC'ing it?

Shame to hear it pooped out on you. If you want a consolation prize, I have a X800 XL posted in FS/FT that was replaced by a XTPE from this deal.

Although, if this card goes to kaput in my system, I may need the XL. Decisions, decisions...

At any rate, let me know if you're interested.

I have been running my card pretty much as hard as humanly possible since receiving it and it seems to be holding up well. By that, I mean I have been playing many games (more than usual) at max settings for hours on end. (I just spent the entire weekend playing through FarCry from start to finish) I have not OC'd the card at all. However, one time I left the ATI 3D screensaver running which, although looks like ass, seems to be pushing the card to its limit as it almost immediatly kicks the fan up to high. When I came back the next morning, it was at hard lock and I had to power the system down and bring it back up. A task I had running indicated it stopped responding only 30 minutes or so after I have gone to bed. I took that screensaver off and have been fine since. (who knows, it could have been that other task I had running).

Mine has been running great since I got it. My only complaint would the slightly loud fan, but the performance is worth it.

DevilDoc said:
How long were you running the card, and how hard were you OC'ing it?

Shame to hear it pooped out on you. If you want a consolation prize, I have a X800 XL posted in FS/FT that was replaced by a XTPE from this deal.

Although, if this card goes to kaput in my system, I may need the XL. Decisions, decisions...

At any rate, let me know if you're interested.

Both GPU and ram were at stock speeds. All i had been doing was playing WoW (which was stable at first but became progressively more unstable). Then on sunday, while i was playing, the screen suddenly became all corrupted with random symbols everywhere and verticle lines. I restarted, everything seemed fine but it happend again. Restarted, reinstalled drivers (5.8). Everything fine for a few minutes. Desktop starts to go corrupted. Restarted again. Now everything after post is corrupted. I took the card out, put it back in the AGP slot. Restarted and corruption everywhere now. Including BIOS. I let the card sit for a bit and tried it again. I got the bios up and running okay, but its still all f'ed up in windows. I still have the card btw. The card didnt feel all that hot and the fan was running fine (very loud after startup but quiet all other times including load). My power supply (yes it has plenty of juice) and monitor are fine. Anyone got any ideas? I'll probably send it back tomorrow unless i decide to give it one more try later tonight. I guess i'll just have to be happy with my geforce4 4200....

Do you have access to any other systems to try it in? I you do, I would definately do that (if you haven't already) before sending it back.

chrisf776 said:
Both GPU and ram were at stock speeds. All i had been doing was playing WoW (which was stable at first but became progressively more unstable). Then on sunday, while i was playing, the screen suddenly became all corrupted with random symbols everywhere and verticle lines. I restarted, everything seemed fine but it happend again. Restarted, reinstalled drivers (5.8). Everything fine for a few minutes. Desktop starts to go corrupted. Restarted again. Now everything after post is corrupted. I took the card out, put it back in the AGP slot. Restarted and corruption everywhere now. Including BIOS. I let the card sit for a bit and tried it again. I got the bios up and running okay, but its still all f'ed up in windows. I still have the card btw. The card didnt feel all that hot and the fan was running fine (very loud after startup but quiet all other times including load). My power supply (yes it has plenty of juice) and monitor are fine. Anyone got any ideas? I'll probably send it back tomorrow unless i decide to give it one more try later tonight. I guess i'll just have to be happy with my geforce4 4200....

I'll believe your PS is dying, just because your computer boots doesn't mean the PS is good!, I had the same problem with my daughters BFG 6800 GT OC and simply by buying a new power supply I stopped the coruption freezing video problems in WoW no less!! She had an Antec PS only a year old second time in a 3 months I had one of their PS's fail! I'd bet your ps is dying do to the new strain

Edit I think you should of tried another PS first.. to bad you were so quick to blame the card my Daughters card worked about a month before the PS started dying everyone wanted me to send the card back I told them the card was working and then failures started it is the PS and I was correct.. Oh and btw as soon as I put the old GF3 back in the computer stopped having problems why less power demand! The new card has been great everysince we changed out the PS no more Antec for me

just curious.would i be able to hook up my gamecube to this video card.doesnt it have vivo.if so how would i go doing this.would it be up to par with tv quality or better or worse?

thx in advance.sorry if i asked in wrong section but i thought i would ask since i got the card here.

chrisf776 said:

ugh, my 6800 died the same way (day before yesterday) :mad:

EdGaRRRRR said:
Maybe. Depending on which programs besides MMC you can get working with the video in, there may be a very small or long lag. A long lag will make it unplayable. That's just one of those things you'll have to try.

:p Plug it in and see.

wats MMC?and wat kind of connectors would i need in order to plug it in?

MMC = multimedia center (ATI's media player)

I know both your card and mine came with the cables and instructions...... :rolleyes:

All you need is either S-video or composite

Salisa said:
I'll believe your PS is dying, just because your computer boots doesn't mean the PS is good!, I had the same problem with my daughters BFG 6800 GT OC and simply by buying a new power supply I stopped the coruption freezing video problems in WoW no less!! She had an Antec PS only a year old second time in a 3 months I had one of their PS's fail! I'd bet your ps is dying do to the new strain

Edit I think you should of tried another PS first.. to bad you were so quick to blame the card my Daughters card worked about a month before the PS started dying everyone wanted me to send the card back I told them the card was working and then failures started it is the PS and I was correct.. Oh and btw as soon as I put the old GF3 back in the computer stopped having problems why less power demand! The new card has been great everysince we changed out the PS no more Antec for me

Its probably not the PS. Its a brand new Vantec Stealth 520. I swapped out the old dying one a week and a half ago in anticipation of the x800 PE.

Okay definately dead now. Cant even see post.

Sorry to hear that..

Why can't the new PS have a problem? I mean just one rail has to be weak by just a small amount .. Well I hope you can get a better high end card soon..

Back