[H]ot - eVGA GTX260 SC - $179.99

Where's my tracking number? I don't got no tracking number. :(

*edit*

No sooner did I post this, I logged in one more time to see my order status. I got a tracking number.

The site seems to go back and forth...telling me "your item has shipped on 8/29...expect it in a few days" to "your order has been processed but the system does not yet show a tracking number"...and now, it's showing a tracking number. Their system is a little messed up I think.

They only charged me 179...even though I requested and expected to pay for expedited shipping. This is good because they didn't expedite the ship time and it went out FedEx ground. At least I didn't get ripped off for a 20-dollar shipping charge.

It seems if you ordered the vanilla version...you had a good chance of getting in on the deal.

If you ordered the SC or the SSC....chances are your order got cancelled.

Made no difference to me...if I want an extra boost, i'll just OC it.

My only worry is...will I get one of the infamous "overheating" versions<?> like I had with my last GTX 260.

Heh, I'm not buying it until I actually see the box. I'm afraid they sent me a box of bricks. XD

I ordered the vanilla and I have a tracking number and it should be here tomorrow. I'm holding my breath until I have the card in my hands, but it looks more promising than it did a few days ago.

they are shipping me the card I canceled. NOT the one I wanted. morons.

they are shipping me the card I canceled. NOT the one I wanted. morons.

Wait. What are they shipping you and what did you actually want? Vanilla / SSC?

Interesting though. They seem to have magically found a few more cards after the long weekend?

No, they are shipping a card I canceled, I reordered using live.com. they have it completely screwed up. it is a vanilla one though, not the SC.

did anyone actually get a SC?

Again compuplus - the thread is about Electronica Direct orders, not compuplus.

Well...it seems that Electronica Direct and CompUPlus are one in the same. I just received my vanilla GTX 260 from Elec. Direct and the shipping invoice header says "Comp U Plus".

The card is clocked at 625 / 2100 - SSC speeds. 120 seconds of Furmark and it hovers around 77c. So that's good- hopefully no overheating issues.

I don't know if i'd order from them again...but at this point, this deal turned out pretty sweet. Thanks OP.

My friend got a $25 store credit after he mentioned he was going to take legal action against them...better than nothing I guess.

hey guys i got mine too.
I ordered the vanilla from amazon. I guess these guys were not so bad after all. They probably honored any orders for which they had cards in stock, and then canceled the rest.

37319309yn3.jpg

I received mine also. Vanilla card ordered from Amazon. I should be able to update my sig by the end of the week! That was long over due!

hmmm...well i put mine in, and even though the box says it's the vanilla (896-P3-1260-AR) RivaTuner is reporting the clocks as 626/1053 which are the clocks for the SSC version.
Not sure what to make of this...

hmmm...well i put mine in, and even though the box says it's the vanilla (896-P3-1260-AR) RivaTuner is reporting the clocks as 626/1053 which are the clocks for the SSC version.
Not sure what to make of this...

EVGA does that at times. Make of it as your good fortune. My vanilla has the same clocks, also.

Well, got mine today, and so far so good.

Too bad they weren't more honest about their stock though ><

And I am getting the 626/1053 as well.

People are getting the ssc version instead of the vanilla version they ordered?

hold off on letting them off the hook here guys, all the orders that went through are from amazon it seems, did anyone ordering off there site get their cards?

I am still calling a sham here.

I had to send my bank the email of amazon canceling my order, it seems ED did not want to let go of the $188.85 hold that they put in my CC, assholes.

I FINALLY got my money back 1 week after they canceled my order.

im gonna save that cash and around Xmas (hopefully the 55nm refresh will be out) ill buy myself a new card.

I had to send my bank the email of amazon canceling my order, it seems ED did not want to let go of the $188.85 hold that they put in my CC, assholes.

I FINALLY got my money back 1 week after they canceled my order.

im gonna save that cash and around Xmas (hopefully the 55nm refresh will be out) ill buy myself a new card.

They didn't hold my card, they charged it.....and the charge is still there....pretty shady business

Back