[H]ot - eVGA GTX260 SC - $179.99

Not only did my card from Electronica Direct get canceled, that deal I got from Amazon ($40 for a GTX280) got canceled as well. But I was figuring that would happen anyways. :/

At least that was the most enjoyable part of this week. *sigh*

Better Business Bureau. It's a government organization that looks after consumer rights.

Odd, I was certain it's a retail industry group to protect consumer rights.

Especially since it lists Canada as an option when I go to their website. >_>

"Thank you for shopping with Electronica Direct. A refund has been applied to your credit card account in the amount of $188.30.

We value your business, please visit us again at http://www.electronicadirect.com!"

Um, no, I won't visit you again.

It only makes it worse that I could have gone with 'TheNerds' and actually GOT what I ordered.

Seriously. We're essentially being punished for jumping on a good deal early. If they had been a little more forthcoming and straight up with the facts, a lot of us would be sitting pretty with a card from Nerds in route. I mean, seriously, does it take them two days to figure out that they have X amount of units, and Y amount of orders, and that the numbers where X &Y don't overlap aren't going to get served? Are you fucking kidding me? A first grader could have figured that out and it took two days for them to get around to telling us, pussyfooting around the issue when they were called regarding it, etc. These guys have really ticked me off, and have caused a good amount of grief here over it, especially since they basically made us miss out on the deal that *would* have gone through.

I wish there was something more that I could do about it. :mad:

Odd, I was certain it's a retail industry group to protect consumer rights.

Especially since it lists Canada as an option when I go to their website. >_>

I just looked it up, you're correct. It's a private organization. In my disgruntled state I mistyped. :(

i ordered some Zip ties from amazon wen i purchased the card, that hasnt shipped yet. my guess is that when that $2 order ships, ill get back my $188.52 (since it was part of the same order) ...if not, amazon is going to get a call from me.

guess im gonna wait for the xmas refresh :(

I asked this very same question to 'Becky G.' Needless to say it had BETTER be a swift refund to my credit card; otherwise I told 'Becky G' the BBB would be contacted.

I wholeheartedly agree, Valset. I was the first to post this 'deal' on hardforums, and for that I appologize. Had I known they would have pulled this bait & switch tactic, I would have avoided them completely. It only makes it worse that I could have gone with 'TheNerds' and actually GOT what I ordered.

A sour day indeed for me.

you are blameless in this my friend. I called and checked first. everything was on the up and up so it seemed. after that the burden fall squarely on them. what I want to know is that if they had indeed "over sold" then who has gotten their cards? If they are retracting due to a pricing error then they need to come clean and explain why they allowed this to go on for so long.

what piss me off worse was having to other deals I could have gotten one was with there site, EVGA GTX280 for 420 shipped with 20% cashback was an equally good deal. Just not as good as the GTX280. I would have gone for that instead.

Seriously. We're essentially being punished for jumping on a good deal early. If they had been a little more forthcoming and straight up with the facts, a lot of us would be sitting pretty with a card from Nerds in route. I mean, seriously, does it take them two days to figure out that they have X amount of units, and Y amount of orders, and that the numbers where X &Y don't overlap aren't going to get served? Are you fucking kidding me? A first grader could have figured that out and it took two days for them to get around to telling us, pussyfooting around the issue when they were called regarding it, etc. These guys have really ticked me off, and have caused a good amount of grief here over it, especially since they basically made us miss out on the deal that *would* have gone through.

I wish there was something more that I could do about it. :mad:

we do need to make sure that they know we are unhappy about this, they have store ratings and such.

Well, at least I got the refund.....when it clears anyway..:mad:

Electronica Direct ([email protected]) has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

This refund will remain pending until the funds have cleared from the sender's account. You will receive an email notification once the funds have become available in your PayPal account. See Refund Details below for more information.

Electronica Direct, ED for short

ED = erectile dysfunction

ED = ED ?

I agree. I had the item in cart from nerds but also read on another forum someone calling and asking if they can cancel the order. ED informed them they could not as it was at the warehouse. I expected the same reply, which I'm sure I would have received by calling ED's customer service, so I didn't buy a second as I didn't need two.

I'm just guessing but here is my conspiracy theory.

ED saw a ton of orders on Wednesday, and I don't think they placed any indication of backorder until later in the day. I'm sure at one point someone had to double check with the vendor to make sure they had enough and confirm the price. Vendor probably showed 300+ (as if you look at these smaller sites you could see some posting in the hundreds) that all shared this common distributer. I can only imagine the chaos with Amazon orders, direct orders, and correlating all the different payment methods when they have never dealt with such volume. I'm sure someone said F* it on wednesday and agreed they would add all the orders up later Thursday/Friday and get them processed.
Thursday morning/afternoon when the initiated contact with the distributer either the allotment deminished by the time ED actually placed the order or the price changed on that product (more likely as we are seeing vendors that had the good price still showing 100+ in inventory). That and Nerd.net sale ended 10AM EST Thursday morning. Could be that nerds.net placed the order with the distributer prior to ED and consumed most of the inventory that was available.
Either case this company is East Coast based and EVGA is westcoast. If they tried to bypass the distributer and go directly to the Vendor, your telling me they didn't find this out yesterday but did find out this morning at 8AM PST? I'm a west coast based employee and it's a wasteland at this time. I doubt they got this new information this morning.
I think they knew they had an issue yesterday. Yes the end result would be the same, but I think ED had more at fault than what they were alluding to. Obviously they sat on the orders before submitting them to the distributer for drop ship, as to when they submitted them is the question (could even be this morning as they said it takes 2 days to process and people that ordered the Vanilla card are receiving orders are being shipped), but to send out the cancelation email on a Friday when your customer service line was open 1-2 hours at max and closed at noon EST, in addition to a holiday monday, was really bad form.

just posted my rating at resellerratings.com
everyone that was screwed should make an account and give then the worst rating possible.:mad:

Here is something really ironic. I read this post near the start and was all set to order when this little voice told me not to do it. So I never completed the order.
SO then on 8/27 Wed I get an email from someone named Cheryl at ED asking why I didnt complete my order..................

I wrote back well I thought you were sold out so I didnt go through with the order.
She then wrote back on 8/28........oh yes we oversold on that product:eek:

I thought most companies dont charge your credit card til the item has shipped anyway.

Already wrote a review at resellerratigns.com. I'm going to bitch on amazon anyway just because thats all ED seems to care about. Electronica Direct just pissed of a lot of people and I'm one of them.

I'm guessing mine will be cancelled, but I just checked, and it says the card shipped today o_O

Just got home, my order was canceled too, same "inventory error" bs. Was placed at 1:29pm pst on aug 27

argg mine got canceled as well :( thats pretty disappointed, I wish I would have bought the one from the nerds.

For what its worth, not everyone who ordered from thenerds got theirs as well so...

Not that it matters, but electronicadirect's reseller rating is in the shitter now where it belongs....

BTW amazon and ED have not refunded my $188.52 to my CC. I contacted Amazon, but being a long weekend, looks like ill have to wait until Tuesday so i get a reply. if i dint get one by Noon Tuesday, ill call amazon to ask whats up.

still haven't gotten my refunds yet, they need to refund two of them. however fuck ED. I just bought a BFG OC GTX280 for 414.99 from TG. it has 12% cash back from Live.com and a 30 dollar BFG rebate and a lifetime warranty. comes out to $345. not worth messing with to get the damn deal.

Dear Dean,

Thank you for shopping with Electronica Direct. A refund has been applied to your credit card account in the amount of $188.30.

We value your business, please visit us again at http://www.electronicadirect.com!

....fuck that :mad:

i was in the middle of jumping into this deal when the ed site lost all inventory, but amazon still had inventory, so i went to amazon, right at the end where i pay, the satus updated to sold out

i was bummed, but glad now that i didn't jump on it

Emailed Amazon about my refund for the ED fuck up and i got this.
Thanks for writing to Amazon.com with your concern.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused you due to this misunderstanding and please allow me to explain.

Looking into your inquiry, it appears that you have not been charged for this order(#104-9223XXX-XXXXXXX).

Most likely, your bank is holding the extra authorization(s) on your card. Some banks have been known to hold these authorizations for 7-10 business days. You may want to contact your bank to confirm that these are authorizations, verify the amount of time they hold authorizations, and request that they remove the current authorization.

When you place an order with Amazon.com or on Amazon Marketplace, we contact your credit card's issuing bank to confirm that your credit card has a valid number, and has not been reported as lost or stolen.

This is communicated via a full authorization for the amount of the purchase. However, we do not actually proceed with the charge. This is simply one of the security measures we use to protect our customers.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We value your business and hope to see you again at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=hurgvehd3432191432
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=hurgvehd3432191432

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Vikram L.
Amazon.com Customer Service
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Looks like i need to give my bank a call

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My refund hit at 12 AM this morning, so I guess it just depends on your bank. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

The bank hold from ED is gone now... It never should have been there in the first place.

This is 2008. Websites that keep taking orders when stock has been depleted shouldn't exist. There is no excuse. Additionaly, a hold should not be placed on a customer's credit card unless the store is actually capable of completing the transaction. You don't charge someone when you have nothing to sell.

How appropriate that ED promised so much yet failed to deliver.

The bank hold from ED is gone now... It never should have been there in the first place.

This is 2008. Websites that keep taking orders when stock has been depleted shouldn't exist. There is no excuse. Additionaly, a hold should not be placed on a customer's credit card unless the store is actually capable of completing the transaction. You don't charge someone when you have nothing to sell.

How appropriate that ED promised so much yet failed to deliver.

Totally, totally, agree.

I checked my bank's website and ED refunded my money. The thing that pisses me off is that Amazon still hasn't refunded my $42 from that crazy deal on the GTX280 someone listed earlier. :/

Umm, I just got info from ED that my order has shipped. I have a Fed Ex number, and it says the package has left Memphis.

Wow, wasn't expecting that. :D

Back