[H] Forza 6 Players

DarkSaturn

Limp Gawd
Any HOCP Forza 6 players?

Never really got crazy into Forza 5 like I had Forza 1 through 4. Not enough cars and tracks, and the loss of the livery storefronts was unfortunate as I created a lot of content in previous games.

Still, decided to order the full Forza 6 collection. Played a bunch last night, fixes a lot of the issues I had with 5, and the driving dynamics feel really good this year. The night time tire physics changes and weather effects are intense. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the 'mod' system (packs of cards that include things like +1 grid position, or 15% extra credit payouts), but it looks easy enough to ignore.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Forza 6 Player GT's posted in this thread
-----------------------------------------------------------
ArchSaturn
ThatsAgood1jay
Nimisys
KickAssCop
XenoGamerX
ChangWizzle
DreamTheater36
One floppy
Jab31169
ArmeniusLOD
WVviaBC
PC509
JacobC1983

Last edited:
I've been a huge Forza fan since the first game.

but 5 was just a slap in the face. I felt the dynamics were better than 4, but the microtransactions and the forced stats screens really pissed me off.

I haven't really played the demo, it's on my agenda this weekend. Though I will probably get the game anyway because I just like racing games that much.

GT : ThatsAgood1jay

I've been a huge Forza fan since the first game.

but 5 was just a slap in the face. I felt the dynamics were better than 4, but the microtransactions and the forced stats screens really pissed me off.

I haven't really played the demo, it's on my agenda this weekend. Though I will probably get the game anyway because I just like racing games that much.

GT : ThatsAgood1jay

Forza 6 does seem to reveal which of the Forza 5 missteps came about via Turn 10's vision for the future of the game, and which where artifacts of reaching the release window.

The 'tokens' seem to be gone, but I haven't dug that deep. The level up reward is also much more generous. There is a 'spin' mechanic, with 9 possible options, the center of the 3x3 grid seems to be some of the prohibitively expensive cars. Going from level 1 to level 2 I managed to land on the Veyron Super Sport, so that was nice.

Think it's likely just during the early release phase, but right now receiving a 100% credit bonus for being VIP. A lot of the upgrades are pricier though. Very small sample size, but looks to be more cars with visual upgrade parts, don't remember there being options to customize the Trueno AE86 before.

So far I like FM6. Seems well done but I've only played a few races so far.

what? this is already out?!

ugh

I can't keep buying games or i'll be divorced :(
metal gear, mario maker, 7 amiibos! Now i need to get the new forza :(

I really enjoyed the demo and even though I have played out every single Forza game, I'm still looking forward to the new one.

1-4 I played solidly throughout their entire lifespans, an easy 400+ hours on each. I would collect 200-300 cars, upgrade and tune them all, loved it.

then 5 hit

with the thud of a penis to the forehead

the drivatar system sucked. I wanted to play Forza, not Mariocart/Bumper Cars. the menu system was difficult to navigate, changing tunes between races was hard.

So far FM6 feels like what 5 should have been. the Drivatar system with aggression limit ON makes racing at the higher difficulties actually doable (still fucking hate Long Beach) again. you can move between menus and tunes again.

my biggest complaint so far is a carry-over from FM5: not showing car class and rules for races, as well as the auto-upgrade when purchasing cars directly from the race screen. I don't mind it as an option, but at least give me a way to buy the un-modded car, OR see what exactly is allowed for that race.

Mods: i got no issue with grid position gains, since it doesn't seem like you move up the grid as you level like you did in FM1-4, nor with payout increases, XP gains, etc. i do have issue with the performance enhancing ones. + 12% grip for example. not cool.

Anyone wants to add me: Nimisys

auto-upgrade when purchasing cars directly from the race screen. I don't mind it as an option, but at least give me a way to buy the un-modded car, OR see what exactly is allowed for that race.

Mods: i got no issue with grid position gains, since it doesn't seem like you move up the grid as you level like you did in FM1-4, nor with payout increases, XP gains, etc. i do have issue with the performance enhancing ones. + 12% grip for example. not cool.

Anyone wants to add me: Nimisys

Totally agree with the auto upgrade thing. It's annoying to have to back out to the Find Cars section and find the equivalent car manually. At least the menus are pretty snappy, though.

I don't see a problem with the performance enhancing mods though. I mean it's an advantage the same as + grid positions so what's the beef?

Anyway, to me this is the best Forza yet. The Showcase events are freaking awesome and I'm spending a lot of my time in them. I hope they add more in the future either with free updates or DLCs. Mods are a really fun way to spice up single player racing. The expansion of race cars like GT3 or Prototypes is fantastic and really adds to the feel that Forza is a racing sim, not just a "car collecting" sim anymore.

Increasing a grid position doesn't give a performance benefit. Performance is balanced by the PR rating, optimizing the car to the PR limit and your driving style is part of the game. Those mods break that. It effectively allows you to run at a higher PR rating than those you are racing. If I know I can run a +12% grip mod, I might save a few PR points in tire size or compound and spend them toward improving P/W ratio. Doing the same without the mod would bump beyond the PR limit, but with the mod, its ok. That's where my issue is with them. A grid change doesn't break that.

Totally agree with the auto upgrade thing. It's annoying to have to back out to the Find Cars section and find the equivalent car manually. At least the menus are pretty snappy, though.

I don't see a problem with the performance enhancing mods though. I mean it's an advantage the same as + grid positions so what's the beef?

Anyway, to me this is the best Forza yet. The Showcase events are freaking awesome and I'm spending a lot of my time in them. I hope they add more in the future either with free updates or DLCs. Mods are a really fun way to spice up single player racing. The expansion of race cars like GT3 or Prototypes is fantastic and really adds to the feel that Forza is a racing sim, not just a "car collecting" sim anymore.

The showcases are awesome, what isn't awesome is when you're racing a series and unlock one and it decides you have to go launch the showcase right freakin now, disabling all the back buttons. I'm on race 2 of 5, I'd rather not have to quit the game so I can move on to race 3 thankyou very much. Want to check the leaderboards after that race, not if you unlocked a showcase, any button that doesn't launch SHOWCASE is now vestigial.

Ok, end rant. Still having lots of fun with Forza 6, just a little too much railroading of their new features down your throat. Also, what happened to the 'clean/dirty' lap indicator.

Edit... ok just unlocked another showcase. Guess it's fine as long as you don't click the 'x' for showcase, its only if click it that it forces you to proceed.

I haven't jumped into multiplayer yet, are mod cards enabled there?

Last edited:
Edit... ok just unlocked another showcase. Guess it's fine as long as you don't click the 'x' for showcase, its only if click it that it forces you to proceed.

I haven't jumped into multiplayer yet, are mod cards enabled there?

Yeah you definitely don't have to go into showcases every time you unlock one. It's just there as a shortcut if you want to check them out from time to time in the middle of your normal career stuff.

Mods are not in multiplayer AT ALL.

Clean/dirty lap indicator is there and works fine, not sure what you mean?

It effectively allows you to run at a higher PR rating than those you are racing.

That's exactly the point of them. You spend credits to unlock those cards which are one time use performance boosts. It's just there to give you an advantage (if you choose to use them) on races that might be giving you more of a challenge. In other words exactly the same reasoning you would use a grid boost.

Whether or not you've tuned a car to a certain PR is totally irrelevant because using a card doesn't change the PR. Effectively, yes, but again that's the entire point of it.

Moot discussion anyway, since if you don't like 'em, don't use 'em :p I'm just confused as to why anyone would be against them. In multiplayer that would be a whole 'nother can of worms, but they are SP only, so...

ibmb88.jpg

14wtuma.jpg

Hmm, looks like I got the stripes slightly too large and are doing funny things on the hood. Not sure if I'll develop into a full livery or just leave it more subtle.

That's exactly the point of them. You spend credits to unlock those cards which are one time use performance boosts. It's just there to give you an advantage (if you choose to use them) on races that might be giving you more of a challenge. In other words exactly the same reasoning you would use a grid boost.

I was thinking it was only the 'dare' negative effect cards that were unlimited use, but I just got a pack during a spin that included a 'super rare' unlimited use 'crew: powertrain engineer' card, +10% power and -5% weight.

For just single player I guess they could be a tool to remain competitive while pumping the drivatar difficulty for extra credits. Doesn't do anything if you're already running high level drivatars, but then you probably won't be struggling for credits.

Yeah, I got a cockpit cam/no driving line unlimited use dare card that gives +20% extra credits, and that's how I drive all the time anyway so bam, 20% extra at all times for me.

Is it worth getting this game? Seems to be exact copy of Forza 5. I spent so much money buying cars and packs on that damn thing and gave up after level 30 or so due to the monotonous nature of the game? Are tracks exciting and interesting. I am thinking of first finishing Forza Horizon 2 which is also somewhat boring with its events that are so similar.

Any thoughts? They could do well to add variety beyond circuit racing in Forza games.

More tracks and better driving than FM5. that being said, there are only 26 tracks, albeit with variations on each. it is intended to be a circuit racers, not an open world racer. if you can't move past that, it won't be worthwhile to you.

I never pushed FM5 past lvl30, but that's only because I hated playing bumper cars.

Forza 6 does seem to reveal which of the Forza 5 missteps came about via Turn 10's vision for the future of the game, and which where artifacts of reaching the release window.

The 'tokens' seem to be gone, but I haven't dug that deep. The level up reward is also much more generous. There is a 'spin' mechanic, with 9 possible options, the center of the 3x3 grid seems to be some of the prohibitively expensive cars. Going from level 1 to level 2 I managed to land on the Veyron Super Sport, so that was nice.

Think it's likely just during the early release phase, but right now receiving a 100% credit bonus for being VIP. A lot of the upgrades are pricier though. Very small sample size, but looks to be more cars with visual upgrade parts, don't remember there being options to customize the Trueno AE86 before.
Forza 5 gave double credits for being a VIP, too. Credits on the whole definitely flow more nicely this time around, so maybe they felt the balance of discounts wasn't needed. I like that if a spin gives you a car you already have in your garage it gives you the credits that it is worth instead, so you have the choice of buying another copy yourself or putting it toward something else.

what? this is already out?!

ugh

I can't keep buying games or i'll be divorced :(
metal gear, mario maker, 7 amiibos! Now i need to get the new forza :(
It unlocked last Thurday for people who preordered the digital Ultimate Edition that cost $100.

Yeah you definitely don't have to go into showcases every time you unlock one. It's just there as a shortcut if you want to check them out from time to time in the middle of your normal career stuff.

Mods are not in multiplayer AT ALL.

Clean/dirty lap indicator is there and works fine, not sure what you mean?
During single player races the lap timer doesn't show the invalidated indicator. I only noticed it during Free Play, Testing, Practice, and Multiplayer.

Is it worth getting this game? Seems to be exact copy of Forza 5. I spent so much money buying cars and packs on that damn thing and gave up after level 30 or so due to the monotonous nature of the game? Are tracks exciting and interesting. I am thinking of first finishing Forza Horizon 2 which is also somewhat boring with its events that are so similar.

Any thoughts? They could do well to add variety beyond circuit racing in Forza games.
The game is a big upgrade from Forza 5.
  • It's a damn good looker. No overuse of bloom that has plagued previous entries, with subsurface scattering offering very realistic lighting conditions during the day and night. In Vista, cars seems to still look cartoonish to me, but in replays they look pretty realistic. Cars get dirty again, but not as badly as previous Forzas. It's definitely more realistic, where I was able to pick out specks of rubber on my car after a race. I may be crazy, but it looks like the windshield in the cockpit view also dirties up now that I'm in the longer races.
  • Tracks from previous games have all been upgraded. If they were not laser scanned I am impressed with the precision they have applied for the tracks to at least appear realistic. All the newcomers look and feel very much like they appear on television broadcasts. I have criticized Turn 10 heavily in the past for their track modeling, but this entry is just about as good as Polyphony now, maybe even better. I still think that they should give up on fantasy tracks, though, as Rio just might be the worst track they have created yet.
  • Physics have seen a hefty upgrade. The tyre modeling is pretty realistic now. I have had to relearn playing the game with a controller all over again. All cars have their own characteristic handling now. The clutch action even with auto clutch turned on is close to what I expect in real life. You can't play bumper cars anymore, although damage is still pretty inconsistent. Unfortunately the default setups for a lot of race cars do not fit the updated physics modeling, requiring at least an increase in diff locking on the deceleration side and moving the brake bias toward the front. Funnily enough, my first thought when playing the demo was that the game now feels a lot like Gran Turismo :p.
  • They finally got the weight of the Bugatti EB110 right :D. But the sound of the GT350R is currently bugged :(.
  • The UI design is really nice. It finally combines both form and function. Loading times are still absurdly long on the stock hard drive, but the loading time when restarting a race has thankfully been reduced. Unfortunately you have to sit through a 30 second flourish of the car stopping in your pitbox at the start of a race before giving you menu control, which becomes exceedingly irritating if you have to restart constantly because you disabled rewind for extra credits...
  • Races are no longer just 2 lap sprints. Races get progressively longer as you go through divisions, with later divisions having 6-8 lap races being common. This gives you a good amount of time to race nicely through the pack instead of needing to barge your way forcefully through the field to make it to the top 3 in time. The average length of a race is a minimum of 4 laps from my memory, depending on the track.
  • The main Forza series has always been primarily a circuit racer. I would like to see a return of point-to-point tracks, though. Maybe mix it up with some rallying like the GT-series, too.
That is all I can rant about for now. ;)

Thanks Armenius. I always dread your drivatars in my games and I am guessing it will be the same here lol. But your post makes my decision a bit clearer, I will wait for a used copy of the game rather than full price. In the demo I was instantly put off by the anti aliasing. Rest graphics look very good but I didn't see much change and excitement. I have been a fan of Forza since 2 which is when they made the game accessible for more casual racers like me. But was really disappointed by Forza 5 due to track fatigue. 26 is still better than 14-16 and day and night plus weather should mix things up.

I think I eventually pushed to level 100 in Forza 5, but I didn't buy any of the DLC packs for the game (so many of the early packs had cars that had been DLC cards in Forza 4... rebuilt or not that was a gutshot). Still, I'm quite enjoying Forza 6 so far.

Graphics: At first glance it's not a huge increase from Forza 5 - however the more I play I keep noticing more improvements. Major upgrades are the level of detail on the tracks/environments: they feel much more alive, everything is a little more dense. The lighting engine looks to also have been completely rebuild, shadows are beautiful now (the flickery edges are finally gone, you'll also see brighter areas in the shadow where light peaks through the car windows). There are also some smoke/dirt cloud effects, also waves of fog in low spots in the rain - the bbq trucks in the concession stands are smoking away, if a car ahead of you touches the grass you'll know it. Car headlights/breaklights also seem more accurately rendered. There are also some more cheesy flourishes - hot air balloons all over the place, fireworks during night races, confetti at the start line...etc.

Gameplay: It's still Forza, it's still about circuit racing, or chasing fast laps. The showcase events add some nice extra flavour, things like the cone races, the catch-up racing have been moved over there, and a bunch of a things added like factory spec races, some 70's GT racing events...etc. You still start 12th, but out of 24th now. So the track is more populated, fubaring a corner early is more painful now. The big difference is the level of high fidelity control (this is playing with a controller), while it's still a challenge it's much more possible to actually mix it up 3 wide without wrecking your car in the first couple corners (at least once you enable the 'limit drivatar aggression'). Pretty common to get the cars a little squirly if you make a minor error cornering or applying too much power too soon, but you can correct out of it. Compared to previous Forza's where you had to make a pretty egregious mistake before it punished you.

Cars/Livery: Because I didn't buy any car packs for Forza 5, I'm enjoying having much of that DLC as base content in Forza 6. Still, it similar to the base state of Forza 4, the typical Forza formula of the apex trim of the major performance cars, with a bunch of quirky choices thrown in. Porsches again are absent, actually not even sure if I saw RUF this go around (I could well have just missed them in my scroll through). I hope they bring back some of the later Forza 4 packs... I loved that oddball supercar pack with all the really low volume stuff. Livery editor is mostly the same as Forza 5, looks to be all the same vinyl's (couple new fonts though), but they are better sorted this time. 3000 layers per side, which I believe is the same as 5. Few new special paint options like the Damascus steel on the GT350R I posted here, and some others (like Zinc). They also gave LittleVixen and a few others early access to pre-populate a bunch of liveries mostly on the 10th anniversary forza car pack cars.

Is there any co-op in this? There really isn't any in Forza Horizon 2, which seemed like a huge oversight.

I'm getting it tomorrow regardless, but it'd be nice to do the career races with friends.

I think I eventually pushed to level 100 in Forza 5, but I didn't buy any of the DLC packs for the game (so many of the early packs had cars that had been DLC cards in Forza 4... rebuilt or not that was a gutshot). Still, I'm quite enjoying Forza 6 so far.

Graphics: At first glance it's not a huge increase from Forza 5 - however the more I play I keep noticing more improvements. Major upgrades are the level of detail on the tracks/environments: they feel much more alive, everything is a little more dense. The lighting engine looks to also have been completely rebuild, shadows are beautiful now (the flickery edges are finally gone, you'll also see brighter areas in the shadow where light peaks through the car windows). There are also some smoke/dirt cloud effects, also waves of fog in low spots in the rain - the bbq trucks in the concession stands are smoking away, if a car ahead of you touches the grass you'll know it. Car headlights/breaklights also seem more accurately rendered. There are also some more cheesy flourishes - hot air balloons all over the place, fireworks during night races, confetti at the start line...etc.

Gameplay: It's still Forza, it's still about circuit racing, or chasing fast laps. The showcase events add some nice extra flavour, things like the cone races, the catch-up racing have been moved over there, and a bunch of a things added like factory spec races, some 70's GT racing events...etc. You still start 12th, but out of 24th now. So the track is more populated, fubaring a corner early is more painful now. The big difference is the level of high fidelity control (this is playing with a controller), while it's still a challenge it's much more possible to actually mix it up 3 wide without wrecking your car in the first couple corners (at least once you enable the 'limit drivatar aggression'). Pretty common to get the cars a little squirly if you make a minor error cornering or applying too much power too soon, but you can correct out of it. Compared to previous Forza's where you had to make a pretty egregious mistake before it punished you.

Cars/Livery: Because I didn't buy any car packs for Forza 5, I'm enjoying having much of that DLC as base content in Forza 6. Still, it similar to the base state of Forza 4, the typical Forza formula of the apex trim of the major performance cars, with a bunch of quirky choices thrown in. Porsches again are absent, actually not even sure if I saw RUF this go around (I could well have just missed them in my scroll through). I hope they bring back some of the later Forza 4 packs... I loved that oddball supercar pack with all the really low volume stuff. Livery editor is mostly the same as Forza 5, looks to be all the same vinyl's (couple new fonts though), but they are better sorted this time. 3000 layers per side, which I believe is the same as 5. Few new special paint options like the Damascus steel on the GT350R I posted here, and some others (like Zinc). They also gave LittleVixen and a few others early access to pre-populate a bunch of liveries mostly on the 10th anniversary forza car pack cars.
You're not mistaken: RUF is absent from the game this go around. There was a post when the Porsche expansion pack launched for Horizon 2 that they were working with EA to bring Porsche to Forza 6, but it won't be until some time next year. I need to see if I can find that post somewhere.

The "apex model" philosophy kind of irritates me. It leaves out several cars like the Boss 302 that I'd rather drive over the obese GT500.

Thanks Armenius. I always dread your drivatars in my games and I am guessing it will be the same here lol. But your post makes my decision a bit clearer, I will wait for a used copy of the game rather than full price. In the demo I was instantly put off by the anti aliasing. Rest graphics look very good but I didn't see much change and excitement. I have been a fan of Forza since 2 which is when they made the game accessible for more casual racers like me. But was really disappointed by Forza 5 due to track fatigue. 26 is still better than 14-16 and day and night plus weather should mix things up.
Is my drivatar a jerk? I try to do my best to avoid other cars, but they're always running into me. Even with aggression turned down in 6 I've had a few instances where I'm passing around the outside of a turn and the inside car just turns the opposite direction to hit me off the track. The most annoying thing for me is that brake checking from the drivatars is worse this time around if you turn the limit aggression option on. I hope that he is just too fast for you :p.

I am a casual player. If you want a jerk drivatar, just add me. My drivatar actually hits people off the road very early on. I always win races in other forza games simply because I play with certain assists.

I would love to rock the 914/6 again. One of may favorite cars From 2-4. I also want my TII Rx-7 back.

I can understand the apex trim for a lot of cars, but some there is too big a difference in character between the trims. Z06 vs ZR1 for example.

The "apex model" philosophy kind of irritates me. It leaves out several cars like the Boss 302 that I'd rather drive over the obese GT500.

Yeah, fair enough. Obviously there are going to be some unfortunate omissions, but for the most part if the car is there it's going to be the most interesting variant. Don't see obvious 'car total' padding like this:

Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '98

That isn't a joke... that is from the actual Gran Turismo PSP car list, that's not even the worst example (there are way more miatas, but they aren't all in a row since they show up under different names, they even have the same model year and same trim level but split into US/Japan/European models (which may very well have slightly different license plate holders and vary by several hp)).

I'm hoping the car packs will be really good. The ones for Horizon 2 were pretty awful for the most part because they had to throw in the goofy/off-road vehicles in the mix. The Porsche expansion is rumored to hit in 2016 and supposedly will have many more cars in it than the Forza 4 expansion did. They will probably add specific showcase events for that too.

In general I'm also hoping they add more showcase events and maybe even a track or two over the next few months.

I would love to rock the 914/6 again. One of may favorite cars From 2-4. I also want my TII Rx-7 back.

I can understand the apex trim for a lot of cars, but some there is too big a difference in character between the trims. Z06 vs ZR1 for example.

The general idea though, is if you're going to have 7 corvettes in the game, you should probably start with the 'apex' of each body style. You can then go back in and add the Grand Sport, the '65 split window, the manta-ray prototype...etc. But I can see the argument for having the Z06 over say a C4. Actually, I think the only time we've seen the C4 in Forza is the Grand Sport.

Yeah, fair enough. Obviously there are going to be some unfortunate omissions, but for the most part if the car is there it's going to be the most interesting variant. Don't see obvious 'car total' padding like this:

Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (J) '98
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '98

That isn't a joke... that is from the actual Gran Turismo PSP car list, that's not even the worst example (there are way more miatas, but they aren't all in a row since they show up under different names, they even have the same model year and same trim level but split into US/Japan/European models (which may very well have slightly different license plate holders and vary by several hp)).

You are not wrong. One of the reasons I ditched GT4 back in the day for Forza 1 was that there were more Civics than the entirety of American cars in GT. Yeah, wouldn't it be awesome if all of the models of our favourite cars were in, but the division of labour needs to be realistic.

The general idea though, is if you're going to have 7 corvettes in the game, you should probably start with the 'apex' of each body style. You can then go back in and add the Grand Sport, the '65 split window, the manta-ray prototype...etc. But I can see the argument for having the Z06 over say a C4. Actually, I think the only time we've seen the C4 in Forza is the Grand Sport.

I remember that C4 GrandSport, it was a beast in the B500 range, as well as the first gen CTS-V.

In the case of the corvette, for Gens 1-5 the single apex trim makes since. with the C6 though you had a base/grand sport car with ~430HP, then a track Z06 that weighed less, had more grip and 75 more N/A HP and then an additional 130HP supercharged ZR1. thats a pretty big spread between trims and in character. the Z06 was a track car, the ZR1 was a drag strip car.

Besides Porsche (Fuck You EA), Saturn, Saab, Holden are all missing. Pontiac is missing the modern GTO and the G8. Tesla is missing the Roadster.

Yeah, fair enough. Obviously there are going to be some unfortunate omissions, but for the most part if the car is there it's going to be the most interesting variant.

Still there is about 200 less cars then forza 4...

FM4 with DLC may have had the greatest collection of digital cars any where. And Clarkson's commentary.

That reminds me, I think we lost noble, Morgan, spyker as well...

I never quite understood the infatuation for 20 billion cars in these games. I believe the car roster for Forza 4 was truly phenomenal but did I miss many cars in Forza 5, the answer is no. The only time I was pissed was when they made La Ferrari as a DLC car or something which really drove me up the wall. Then they made McLaren 650 S as DLC which I consider a criminal offense.

Whether there is a Noble or Spyker in the game, at least for me, I don't really care. 450 cars are plenty. I would rather that they focus DLC on adding more tracks than the nth car that they might have missed.

Anyways, good news is I told the guy I buy games from to bring me Forza 6, Until Dawn and Gears when he comes today. Let's hope he does show up since I have been asking him for these games for a week now. :rolleyes:

I always raced a different car in each series/class, or I would go back and re-race a series with different cars, if I enjoyed the series or car class. I like finding that little gem of a car that at first glance I blew off. Fiat X1/9 for example. or the Abarth 131, or the Morgan Aero. that's where the variety really shines.

though I do wonder if the class and restrictions start to open up some. I miss being able to take an E car upto the C/B level and dominating. seems the class restrictions are generally cars of very similar style with starting PR ratings that are very close to each other.

I'm hoping the car packs will be really good. The ones for Horizon 2 were pretty awful for the most part because they had to throw in the goofy/off-road vehicles in the mix. The Porsche expansion is rumored to hit in 2016 and supposedly will have many more cars in it than the Forza 4 expansion did. They will probably add specific showcase events for that too.

In general I'm also hoping they add more showcase events and maybe even a track or two over the next few months.
I really hope VIR gets added at some point. It's really criminal that this track has never seen a virtual recreation in anything but iRacing. With the IndyCar and Tudor licenses, I think the lack of Mid-Ohio is also a criminal oversight.

But I'm really itching for VIR right now after reading the new C&D Lightning Lap issue this month. The new Z06 was only 1.5 seconds slower than the 918 Spyder with the 7-speed manual! It probably could have gone faster with the 8-speed auto.

FM4 with DLC may have had the greatest collection of digital cars any where. And Clarkson's commentary.

That reminds me, I think we lost noble, Morgan, spyker as well...
The Noble M600 is in Forza 6, although I'm more a fan of the M400...

Ok got the game. Is the VIP and car pass worth it?
They have always been worth it to me. VIP gives you gift cars, exclusive DLC cars, double credit rewards in game, and access to special events. The release of car packs has historically been consistent, with the car pass sometimes including extra content for the initial price that was not originally promised and could be considered as free extras.

Not to mention gift cars as a VIP. Both have always been worthwhile for me

So played this a bit more. It is fantastic and cars feel amazing. However, I don't like being boxed into these crappy car options to start my career. I really liked freedom in Forza 5 to play whatever I want. Naturally I went hyper car since I had my p1 gift in the garage. Driving a Honda S2000 is not my idea of fun. I hope I can quickly rack up credits.

Can't buy VIP and car pass yet since they are part of bundle and game is supposed to release in 2 days here so pausing playing for now.

Back