[H] Forza 6 Players

Worth picking this up for a racing game fix? Haven't played one since Gran Turismo 3 or 4. Kind of jonesing a bit. It's on sale at best buy for $28 with GCU. Thinking of getting Forza 6, The Witcher 3, and MKX with my $65 credit.

Worth picking this up for a racing game fix? Haven't played one since Gran Turismo 3 or 4. Kind of jonesing a bit. It's on sale at best buy for $28 with GCU. Thinking of getting Forza 6, The Witcher 3, and MKX with my $65 credit.

Absolutely. Its a steal at that price.

Yes.

Even at full price this game is worth it. Great game.

Been playing since Sunday. Very glad I bought it. Great racing game. It does a really good job of easing you in with the difficulty adjustment + assists. Nice to get the hang of it and gradually remove assists and move up the difficulty. Graphics are great. Cars look awesome. The sounds are really satisfying. Leveling and spinning is fun. Highly recommended if you need a racing game fix.

Hit 263 MPH at Le Mans Classic in the stock Koenigsegg One:1 this morning. The car is surprisingly drivable, even with all that power and using a controller with no aids enabled.

I'm bored with the career stuff now, so I've been doing a lapboard that I'll probably upload to Google Drive at some point to share. It's all laptimes using cars in their stock condition and tuned if it comes with adjustable settings. Using a randomizer to pick the track and car to use so it doesn't get boring.

you guys need to toss out your GamerTags, I would rather race against a persistent pool of [H] drivatars than the random derps that show up in game.

You don't want to race against Armenius. He will beat the shit out of you.
My id is KickAssCop. My drivatar is an asshole.

Rewind is the best feature ever in a racing game. It's amazing how such small differences in what you do can have massive impacts. Makes learning so much easier too when you can instantly try again and see why you fucked so bad.

My GT is WVviaBC

PC509 is my Gamertag. I need to get playing a bit more. It's a fun game, and I have Forza 5 & 6 and Horizon 2.

I'm pretty sure I've already added you. I'll have to check later. Mine is ArmeniusLOD.

Weird, I just shot you an invite, maybe I screwed it up on my end.

Edit: Tier 9, you sir are a serious Forza player.

I'm having a hard time putting this game down. I havent touched my other games since I started Forza. I find myself saying "one more race" a lot. Some things are annoying though (probably been discussed already). Most traces are decided within the first 30 seconds or so. I either get into the front of the pack from the get go and finish top 3 or I get stuck in spot 5-10 and can never catch the leaders. The difficulty seems entirely car based and is all or nothing. I'm only on above average though, so this might change as I move up.

Fantastic game though. How is Forza Horizon 2?

This really is a great game. I am building a new racing sim/seat for myself around my xbox one and this game. Will post pictures when it is done.

Look forward to racing with you guys... JacobC1983 is my gamertag.

Weird, I just shot you an invite, maybe I screwed it up on my end.

Edit: Tier 9, you sir are a serious Forza player.
In fairness, if you play the games regularly it's easy to increase your reward tier on Forza Hub. I've been playing the series since the first one on original Xbox, and I was a competitive player in Forza 2-4. My weakness is the Horizon series, as much as I love it. I still need to go back and finish the first Horizon to get a larger portion of points in my reward tier.

I'm having a hard time putting this game down. I havent touched my other games since I started Forza. I find myself saying "one more race" a lot. Some things are annoying though (probably been discussed already). Most traces are decided within the first 30 seconds or so. I either get into the front of the pack from the get go and finish top 3 or I get stuck in spot 5-10 and can never catch the leaders. The difficulty seems entirely car based and is all or nothing. I'm only on above average though, so this might change as I move up.

Fantastic game though. How is Forza Horizon 2?
On the lower Drivatar difficulties a bug still exists that the top drivers will be selected from a higher difficulty. I don't see this problem on Unbeatable difficulty.

Horizon 2 is also fantastic. Totally different game from the main series, though. It's an open world driving game that is unfortunately restricted by the career progression. But the map is beautiful, large and varied. I love to just get in a car and cruise around. The physics are also more on the "arcadey" side, but still feel real enough so each car has its own character.

In fairness, if you play the games regularly it's easy to increase your reward tier on Forza Hub. I've been playing the series since the first one on original Xbox, and I was a competitive player in Forza 2-4. My weakness is the Horizon series, as much as I love it. I still need to go back and finish the first Horizon to get a larger portion of points in my reward tier.

Yeah, I'm stuck in Tier 8 purgatory right now. I either need to 100% Forza 6 to get to 9 or go back and hookup the 360 and play 4 and Horizon some more.

I think Horizon may be available in BC soon. If it happens, I am definitely getting back to it.

I think Horizon may be available in BC soon. If it happens, I am definitely getting back to it.

Wonder if you can import your save somehow, it would suck to have to start all over. Did they have online saves for it?

Wonder if you can import your save somehow, it would suck to have to start all over. Did they have online saves for it?
If you upload your saves to the cloud they will carry over. It worked with Fallout 3 and Mass Effect for me.

How do you beat Armenius times in Forza 6?
Unfriend him on XBL. lol.

I think in all my races it says Armenius LOD is your next rival. :(

I have beaten him plenty of times, though some of his times I look at and go, damn I got some work to do.

So I just got to the Professional Racing series in career mode. The one that is in the rain. I feel like I'm missing something. Ive not had any issues with car control up to this point. Now I literally can't get off the starting line. If I barely touch or move the stick, I'm completely losing control and spinning out. Is there something special that has to be done on these cars? It feels impossible. I don't think I can even complete a lap, forget about actually winning a race. I went into practice mode for a while and basically got no where. I feel dumb lol

Well, I figured it out. It was the freaking car. I realize now that I had not switched cars a single time. I chose a car at the beginning of a series and used it for all the races. Every car was great. This is the first time I changed cars. I can't believe how bad the other one was. It was unplayable.

It was the 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9. I bought a Lambo and everything was good.

Last edited:
I think I used that car, twitchy as hell in the wet IIRC. Honestly the modern race cars are my least favorite divisions. Not enough character between them or something.

Anyone know a good way to check your times on a divisional basis?

It was the 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9. I bought a Lambo and everything was good.
The Lamborghini is AWD, which is why you had an easier time in the rain. You should try running without traction control in the rain with RWD cars. With practice you might find it is a lot easier. On the flip side you may also want STM active until you get the hang of it. Remember that you have decreased traction in the rain, so while you want to accelerate away from the apex in the dry you have to wait until the car is almost completely straight in the rain to apply throttle.
I think I used that car, twitchy as hell in the wet IIRC. Honestly the modern race cars are my least favorite divisions. Not enough character between them or something.

Anyone know a good way to check your times on a divisional basis?
The race cars in the game are setup too stiff by default. I would start by setting the springs to around 60% of their default values while decreasing the shock values by the same amount. You could also play around with the caster angle to get a better feel on the controller. I run between 6 and 7, myself, for the faster turn-in, but try around 2 to 3 with the race cars and see if that feels better. One last thing is to try and increase the deceleration on the differential to equal the acceleration value, which will give you more control under braking but might cause snap oversteer mid-corner.

The only way I know how to check your division times is to change the filter on the leaderboard.

You mean WITH traction control. You'd want as much traction as possible especially with a RWD car in the rain.
Nope, without. Either way you're going to end up going nowhere when you step on the throttle, whether that be spinning out or not accelerating. Without TCS you have the ability to step the rear end out as much as you want and still accelerate because you have the freedom to spin the tires as much as you want. The idea is to put the control in the driver's hands to what they feel comfortable and to train yourself because traction isn't a binary on or off thing.

It wasn't that I can't tune the race cars to my liking, its that the modern cars all feel about the same, which makes since because the divisions they run in, in real life, are so tightly controlled they are almost spec series. Biggest difference is in the power delivery.

FM 1-4 had a dedicated leader boards section, in this I can only seem to find it when in the actual track pre/post race menu.

What setups are you all using for this game?

Do you have a wheel and pedal setup or are most of you using a controller...

Because with my wheel and pedal setup I don't feel like the cars all feel about the same. I think the LaFerrari and P1 couldn't feel more different.

I use a controller. never have been able to get into wheel/pedal setups. I end up looking for other physical feedback that doesn't exist. I have never felt a setup that can provide the sensation of a tire scrubbing, brakes right at the point of lock up, or the front end going light at speed/negative-G in a convincing manner. let alone the various inputs from the chassis. I always end up overdriving with the absence of these other inputs.

and its not all the cars, its just the modern race cars, ala the GT3 cars or LeMans Prototypes (LMP1/2), that all feel very similar within the division. i think there are greater differences in feel when going back to the older racecars

If you lived close I would let you give my setup a try. By no means is it an expensive setup, but you can get some of those sensations. Especially when the front end feels light. Granted, it's still a game.

It wasn't that I can't tune the race cars to my liking, its that the modern cars all feel about the same, which makes since because the divisions they run in, in real life, are so tightly controlled they are almost spec series. Biggest difference is in the power delivery.

FM 1-4 had a dedicated leader boards section, in this I can only seem to find it when in the actual track pre/post race menu.
My suggestions were more in response to you saying they all felt twitchy. But personally I can feel the differences between the different cars. In the 458 I can brake really deep into a corner but I need to balance neutral throttle around the apex or else the car will snap around. In the MP4-12C, on the other hand, I need to brake with more resolve in a straight line, but then I have no problem getting on the throttle early. I believe the wheelbase and track between the two cars are about the same, but the difference being that the former has a much lower polar moment of inertia than the latter.

What setups are you all using for this game?

Do you have a wheel and pedal setup or are most of you using a controller...

Because with my wheel and pedal setup I don't feel like the cars all feel about the same. I think the LaFerrari and P1 couldn't feel more different.
I'm using a standard XBONE controller and feel the same way. I drive with no aids except auto clutch, and I use TCS in race cars. It's more pronounced between those two cars I feel because the LaFerrari has a fatter torque curve and longer wheelbase than the P1.

Nope, without. Either way you're going to end up going nowhere when you step on the throttle, whether that be spinning out or not accelerating. Without TCS you have the ability to step the rear end out as much as you want and still accelerate because you have the freedom to spin the tires as much as you want. The idea is to put the control in the driver's hands to what they feel comfortable and to train yourself because traction isn't a binary on or off thing.

Unless you feather the throttle, it's too easy to spin out in corners especially with high HP cars.

Back