Guys let's support AMD gpu, and boycott Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI

Will buy the fastest gaming card for 4k , each and every time.

Been on Titan's now for 3 generations of them.

When AMD builds the fastest single card I'll buy theirs.

When's that likely to happen ?

Vega 64 is the top dog. You just have to wait for rapid packed math, or some other inane feature, to be perfectly adopted to benefit the 0.1% with Vegas. So pay for the overpriced Vegas and believe!

So Nvidia should be forced to provide marketing funds for AMD?

Let me restate for you.

Nvidia, by threatening to withhold marketing funds from the AIBs, is forcing the AIBs to relegate the AMD cards to second tier status.

This will necessarily result in additional lost sales for AMD.

Let me restate for you.

Nvidia, by threatening to withhold marketing funds from the AIBs, is forcing the AIBs to relegate the AMD cards to second tier status.

Also known as nVidia protecting it's image and not allowing a lesser manufacturer to associate with their amazing cards, no more piggybacking their success.

Last edited:
Let me restate for you.

'Second tier status'

ASUS could have used ARES for Nvidia.

AMD's biggest sales impediment in gaming is their production ability- their next biggest sales impediment is their own product line.

Vega 64 is the top dog. You just have to wait for rapid packed math, or some other inane feature, to be perfectly adopted to benefit the 0.1% with Vegas. So pay for the overpriced Vegas and believe!

not gona happen, Far Cry 5 was the last hope of VEGA, it is the best of the best possible case scenario for VEGA and still VEGA64 = GTX 1080, VEGA56 = GTX 1070Ti, the winner of Price/performance it's the GTX 1070Ti... so that dream of VEGA64 achieving 1080Ti once all features are enabled just poofed.

Also known as nVidia protecting it's image and not allowing a lesser manufacturer to associate with their amazing card, no more piggybacking their success.

It's likely to cost them far more then they realize. If Dell and others tell them to piss off they will have called Nvidias bluff, either Nvidia has to make the call and cut off supply and tank sales to punish Dell, HP and others or they knuckle under and the AIB's will force Nvidia to back off as well. At that point you have damaged the relationship with the people that sell your stuff and they are very likely to treat your product as a secondary source and no longer the primary marketed product. Also your investors are now pissed off cause your sales have fallen and thats when a CEO gets shown the door and a reorganization happens. It's a really dumb idea by Nvidia when they really dont need to do this.

Lol watch out, you may be tagged as a sinner as you spend too much money on GPUS lol, people here want to control how much one spend on hardware.. {S}oft|OCP

Caught shit back when grabbed the Titan P as soon as they came out , been enjoying it now for going on two years been money well spent.

Just always get the itch every couple years to sell and replace ,

I know I spend a lot on rigs , but used to have Jeep Wranglers and Ninja/CBR's as my hobby stuff , believe it or not this sort of thing is much cheaper in comparison :p

I'll fully fess up I would probably talk myself in the the current new Titan V if there was a CPU with a big upgrade also currently for gaming but with a 5ghz 7700k can't really see anything atm for a big bump for a purely gaming rig so likely will hold out to 3rd quarter.

Good lord in the 90's I'd buy a Matrox for the 2d card and then throw in 2 12mb DIamond Vooodoo2's for the SLi , that was 800 ish back then.

I'm all for competition , I just buy whichever is the fastest though , not into corporate welfare myself.

AMD makes a top end card that will beat whatever Nvidia has around Aug no problems here , but if its any slower then its just not my choice is all.

It's likely to cost them far more then they realize. If Dell and others tell them to piss off they will have called Nvidias bluff, either Nvidia has to make the call and cut off supply and tank sales to punish Dell, HP and others or they knuckle under and the AIB's will force Nvidia to back off as well. At that point you have damaged the relationship with the people that sell your stuff and they are very likely to treat your product as a secondary source and no longer the primary marketed product. Also your investors are now pissed off cause your sales have fallen and thats when a CEO gets shown the door and a reorganization happens. It's a really dumb idea by Nvidia when they really dont need to do this.

Huang is getting shown the door now? What a story we have concocted here. Heheh

You might buy the fastest GPU card on the market for 4K, But AMD really! over NVidia Titan ok each to their own.

Reading comprehension isn't your friend.
Also known as nVidia protecting it's image and not allowing a lesser manufacturer to associate with their amazing cards, no more piggybacking their success.

L a fucking f

'Second tier status'

AMD's biggest sales impediment in gaming is their production ability- their next biggest sales impediment is their own product line.

Jen figures he should take this opportunity to nail down the coffin lid. Problem is there's legions of IdiotsInCharge who are OK with and even applaud the move.

If I was nVidia I wouldn't want my pieces of engineered perfection to be associated with cards like the Fury X (wide spread pump failures), RX480 (designed so well it'll light up your mobo, litterally, on fire), or that dumpster fire known as Vega.

nVidia outsells AMD 3:1, AIBs rode on the shoulders of a giant!

Last edited:
'Second tier status'

I actually partially agree with your first point about production, but that will change. Your second point is a complete miss. AMD can sell as many as they can build on the medium and high end. I don't see much of anything going for retail price, do you? That implies a premium on cost because of high demand and they are in stock. Your impediment is not understanding the niche that the Company is carving out in the market for profit.. and slanting everything against AMD (CPU and GPU) because you have an Agenda which adds bias to every post you make - regardless of reality and facts.

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega56/

Last edited:
I actually agree with your first point about production, but that will change. Your second point is a complete miss. AMD can sell as many as they can build on the medium and high end. I don't see much of anything going for retail price, do you?

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega64/

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rxvega56/

Which its of course due mining... this is the second time mining save AMD ass making it to sell this way, AMD have an increased market however is not a gaming market, as soon as GPU mining stop, then they will Face a Sad reality as the majority of their base users will be miners, and most of them will be just flooding the second hand market with 100$ RX 580, then even it will be worse that this time the second hand market will have to fight with 150$ gtx 1070 and 200$ 1080...

Which its of course due mining... this is the second time mining save AMD ass making it to sell this way, AMD have an increased market however is not a gaming market, as soon as GPU mining stop, then they will Face a Sad reality as the majority of their base users will be miners, and most of them will be just flooding the second hand market with 100$ RX 580, then even it will be worse that this time the second hand market will have to fight with 150$ gtx 1070 and 200$ 1080...

Oh I am sure all those second hand Nvidia cards that are used for mining will have no effect on Nvidia right? Cause no one is going to say hey I'll buy that cheap 1080 instead of the higher priced 1180... we call that buying the best bang for the buck.

Oh I am sure all those second hand Nvidia cards that are used for mining will have no effect on Nvidia right? Cause no one is going to say hey I'll buy that cheap 1080 instead of the higher priced 1180... we call that buying the best bang for the buck.

Point is it'll affect both of them.

But hey, at least AMD will gain some gaming market share!

So what? A few or maybe a thousand or million used cards wont kill AMD. Not everyone buys used cards AND at least AMD has their CPU Division to lean on for balance with a great product line. I know of an undiversified competitor with more to lose in the GPU / Mining fiasco than AMD.

So what? A few or maybe a thousand or million used cards wont kill AMD. Not everyone buys used cards AND at least AMD has their CPU Division to lean on for balance with a great product line. I know of an undiversified competitor with more to lose in the GPU / Mining fiasco than AMD.

Mega kinda has a point lol.

So Nvidia should be forced to provide marketing funds for AMD?

So they can either prevent others from dealing with AMD **OR** give money to AMD directly?

WTF?! They are so awesome, why can't they just crush AMD once and for all without any shenanigans?

And honestly, do you even want them to? Even if you don't touch AMD stuff with a ten mile pole, how would you benefit if they went under?

I don't understand this rampant fanboyism. AMD is for plebs, ok gotcha, you're too good for that, nice, more power to you. Still, why does it *bother* people that they are around and provide value for... well, some people?!

loloomg.jpg

Last edited:
Let me restate for you.

I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask again for the AMD apologists: Why isn’t AMD stepping up with market development funds of their own to offset GPP? Or better yet make their own GPP equivalent? Probably because AIBs would laugh AMD out of the room .

I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask again for the AMD apologists: Why isn’t AMD stepping up with market development funds of their own to offset GPP? Or better yet make their own GPP equivalent? Probably because AIBs would laugh AMD out of the room .

Both jumping on that bandwagon wouldn't make it fair. It would just mean that we would end up paying for developer candies no matter which side we decided to buy from.

why is NVDA morally corrupt?

SQUIRREL!

Again, you got me. I got nothing on SQUIRREL!

LOL

Please, more SQUIRREL! facts.

That's a great pic.. still waiting for a meaningful debate with facts. Oh nevermind, its cartoon time. You guys are a real joke.

This Thread have become too serious and now it's a hate war between AMD vs NVidia fans, I think the OP knew that when he started this IMHO. So why not have some fun in the mixed and cool things down a bit, here is another one.

time.jpg

This Thread have become too serious and now it's a hate war between AMD vs NVidia fans, I think the OP knew that when he started this IMHO. So why not have some fun in the mixed and cool things down a bit, here is another one.

View attachment 67681

It only goes to show that when you have reason to find fault with a party ask for some support people start to pretend that it is not happening. Nowhere in here is any language that is offensive or problematic in any other way:
Seems like Nvidia unethical business practices have started.

If you are buying hardware please consider buying an AMD video card or CPU. If we let Nvidia win with such practices and they dominate more of the GPU market a monopoly will not help us consumers as we will later pay more for products, nor will there be innovation if we allow this to happen. I hope word spreads.

Buy what's best for your wallet or if you buy nvidia choose an oem that has joined this sht program.

Thanks

That there any many people blind to what the GPP stands for plus the other stuff that made Nvidia is their problem.

It only goes to show that when you have reason to find fault with a party ask for some support people start to pretend that it is not happening. Nowhere in here is any language that is offensive or problematic in any other way:.

When the OP started this title it read 'Guys let's support AMD gpu, and boycott Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI' Am I missing something? I am not a follower of AMD nor support it:)

Back