Guys let's support AMD gpu, and boycott Nvidia, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI

Seems like Nvidia unethical business practices have started.

If you are buying hardware please consider buying an AMD video card or CPU. If we let Nvidia win with such practices and they dominate more of the GPU market a monopoly will not help us consumers as we will later pay more for products, nor will there be innovation if we allow this to happen. I hope word spreads.

Buy what's best for your wallet or if you buy nvidia choose an oem that has joined this sht program.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, I see AMD and Nvidia cards there. Of course a Reddit idiot is not what I would call reliable source.

And in the fallout of Kyle's article, Nvidia may have changed course. But we'll never know for sure because Nvidia will never make a public apology.

So we just have to keep our eyes peeled. But that DOES NOT mean you post Reddit trolls with no evidence.

I tend to base my GPU purchases on who's currently offering the best price/performance ratio, though have used Radeons for my past few builds (as I had a freesync monitor). With that said, pretty happy with my current GTX 1080.

While I agree that this is a dick move on Nvidia's part towards consumers, I also feel that it was a dick move on AMD's part with their treatment of fans for the Vega launch. So I'm not ready to call either side the 'People's Side'.

Sorry, my money goes to whatever I deem to be worthy of it based on the quality of the product or service.

Have fun with your boycott.

I understand that, and realistically it might be good option today. But if you think logically, supporting nvidia practices will guarantee that your future gpu products will not be as innovative (as one in a competitive fair market) and I promise you if these tactics prove fruitful for them they will fck us on pricing.

I'm not in the market for a GPU at the moment but I've always found the gpu's between the companies similar in performance and price. If so I'd lean towards AMD, I also use some virtualization and linux and I find AMD support to be much better and performance better in a VM. My days of gaming are in the past but I love the innovations that competition breeds. Now we have AMD threadripper for a very cheap price and as systems admin working with KVM, VMware, Hyper-V I enjoy the extra threads for my VMs.

I'd just like to point out that competition and fair market practices benefit everyone even if you use an Nvidia product, I've had my fair share of Quadros at work but I'll be ordering all our new equipment with AMD gpus if that is an option.

I'm also all for price/performance ratio but if it's close I will go with the underdog.

In the past when I would penny pinch more I'd shop at walmart or look for the cheapest/easiet on amazon. Now I'll try to buy something locally to support the smaller shops and jobs. I've come to realize that the tactics the big boys use will hurt us in the long run.

Yes if AMD makes a vastly inferior product you can't fault anyone for choosing Nvidia. But my 7970 is still running amazingly powering 3 4k screens.

Last edited:

Someone more level-headed already did your research, if you bothered to google the link.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia’s-geforce-partner-program-forces-branding-changes-for-asus-and-msi.420022/

Shows European stock for the vast majority of these cards, and most are still listed on OFFICIAL COMPANY WEBSITES.

I know how easy it is to get pissed-off that your favorite GPUs are out-of-stock, and misinterpret that, but the supply issue is just a US phenomenon. So far your evidence shows an uncertain reason for a SINGLE Gigabyte card missing branding. I'd need to see more evidence from other manufacturers before we ring the fire alarm,

Last edited:
AMD still has Sapphire, Powercolor and XFX exclusive (AND now maybe ASrock for AMD too?) AMD will be fine. Gigabyte and Asus can stick it. MSI, shame on them though, love the Gaming cards.

I am not doing a boycott, but Nvidia is getting plain stupid. Just sell the damn cards, they sell better than AMD anyways because of no competition. Why try to squeeze them to their death?? Makes no sense really anymore.

I understand that, and realistically it might be good option today. But if you think logically supporting nvidia practices will guarantee that your future gpu products will not be as innovative (as one in a competitive fair market) and I promise you if these tactics prove fruitful for them they will fck us on pricing.

I'm not in the market for a GPU at the moment but I've always found the gpu's between the companies similar in performance and price. If so I'd lean towards AMD, I also use some virtualization and linux and I find AMD support to be much better and performance better in a VM. My days of gaming are in the past but I love the innovations that competition breeds. Now we have AMD threadripper for a very cheap price and as systems admin working with KVM, VMware, Hyper-V I enjoy the extra threads for my VMs.

I'd just like to point out that competition and fair market practices benefit everyone even if you use an Nvidia product, I've had my fair share of Quadros at work but I'll be ordering all our new equipment with AMD gpus if that is an option.

Previous years of weak AMD competition put them in this situation where competitors like Nvidia can basically develop these types of "anti-consumerl" programs and win over companies' business. There is absolutely no guarantee that if I start purchasing AMD products that they'll start developing better and more competitive products. I've paid the premium for Nvidia cards and G-Sync monitors for years because they meet my expectations for what I want in a product. I do not mind continuing to pay these premiums for these products if I believe it to be worth my money. If AMD starts developing products that meet or exceed Nvidia's performance then they'll be getting my money. I do not have brand loyalty.

Previous years of weak AMD competition put them in this situation where competitors like Nvidia can basically develop these types of "anti-consumerl" programs and win over companies' business. There is absolutely no guarantee that if I start purchasing AMD products that they'll start developing better and more competitive products. I've paid the premium for Nvidia cards and G-Sync monitors for years because they meet my expectations for what I want in a product. I do not mind continuing to pay these premiums for these products if I believe it to be worth my money. If AMD starts developing products that meet or exceed Nvidia's performance then they'll be getting my money. I do not have brand loyalty.
Exactly, I have no problems supporting the underdog, but there is a point where you don't rip yourself off!

Funny, just this morning I saw an Asus ROG ad on the [H] front page, and in the bottom corner was the nVidia logo. No AMD logo on the ad at all. Made me think of GeForce Partner Program shenanigans.

Seems like Nvidia unethical business practices have started.

If you are buying hardware please consider buying an AMD video card or CPU. If we let Nvidia win with such practices and they dominate more of the GPU market a monopoly will not help us consumers as we will later pay more for products, nor will there be innovation if we allow this to happen. I hope word spreads.

Thanks

So just like the Modern Warfare 2 boycott right? Cause we all know how that went?

Also, I support whoever gives me the superior product, this is not a damn charity.

Sorry, but I don't really care. My experience is limited but nVidia's products have always been less headache and had superior performance for me, so that's where my money will be going unless AMD pulls ahead.

I'm paying for the product, not the logo. If the product is good, I will buy it.

Sorry, but I don't really care. My experience is limited but nVidia's products have always been less headache and had superior performance for me, so that's where my money will be going unless AMD pulls ahead.

I'm paying for the product, not the logo. If the product is good, I will buy it.

As expected, if the other product is superior at the same price point that will win out. I'm running a 2013 7970 so my knowledge of actual current gpu is limited. I'm just saying if it's close consider the smaller guy, or at least know what nvidia wants to do and what the future will hold. Pretty soon they will gimp games to run only on nvidia gpu. I've got no problem with their products except for the linux support but the practices I am not a fan of.

Or buy an nvidia gpu from one of the other oems that haven't joined this stupid program.

Last edited:
As expected, if the other product is superior at the same price point that will win out. I'm running a 2013 7970 so my knowledge of actual current gpu is limited. I'm just saying if it's close consider the smaller guy, or at least know what nvidia wants to do and what the future will hold. Pretty soon they will gimp games to run only on nvidia gpu. I've got no problem with their products except for the linux support but the practices I am not a fan of.
It's still not close. Vega was a breath of fresh air for AMD's GPU brand, and was impressive in a vacuum, but still didn't compete with nVidia. The flagship Vega was on par with the second-best 10 series in nVidia's lineup, sucking down absurd amounts of wattage to get there.

There are a lot of companies who I'm sure I'd disagree with the practices of, but when I buy stuff from them it's not a donation. I pay for the product. When the product is superior, that's the company I'll buy from.

I personally have not bought Nvidia product of any kind for many years (for my own use) and as much as possible give suggestions AGAINST Nvidia wherever I can for my gaming buddies/friends that want/need a shiny new graphics card (as as an example)

For some folks (for whatever the reason) Intel and Nvidia are the ONLY ones that will ever get their money, for these types of folks I do my best to keep my personal bias out of the picture and try to help them find the best value for the $ they want/need to spend (though I still try to point out well for product X that you want AMD product Y is as good or better because of this, this and this...but some folks are very "attached" to their bestest products, just because)

Nvidia I would have zero problems against if they did not go out of their way to ensure their gains are everyone else's loss, screwing with DX versions (because they are "larger" MSFT as basic example seems to go out of their way to make sure they kiss Nv ass to give them the best possible performance and/or overlook known problems)
the whole gameworks crud, physX, GPP, GSync, numerous software and hardware types as well as "helping" game devs/publishers optimize for them at the same time as crapping up performance for direct competition in the gpu space (AMD) either at a performance hit or ensuing the AMD product "waste" power computing extra crud that theirs bypass

who knows with the fancy digital design they now use if they are "only" drawing X power or producing X heat, digital cannot be "faked" but it most certainly can be "programmed" to report differently (in obscure ways) they also absolutely go out of their way to "make" reviewers give only the information they want released publicly or said reviewers will never get another of their product for review which is fine, but, which very much does not sit well with me...

show it as is, or do not show it at all in my mind, at the very least this allows the consumer to KNOW what they will be buying or what they should be avoiding.
---------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Long story short, I have myself "boycotted" Nvidia in my own way by feeling shafted/jaded many years back with the crap tastic way their solder issue on many motherboards using their NF chipset, as well as various motherboards/gpu that used the Nvidia Geforce 8 series (8500/8600 for myself x4 card all told reference Nvidia branded and 2 Asus branded)

they do not put the "quality" of workmanship in their product (even when they knew about the issues, and still pull the same shit, using the minimum possible spec components IMO but because of their "name" expect/want a premium purchasing price...vs various AMD cards that use a higher BOM on the components so by all rights they should be charging more per unit and often do not)

I do not like Nv way of operating, it kills the "industry" even when they claim (sometimes show) they help, they want everyone else (dead) so they can peddle the highest priced product with limited or very nefarious ulterior motive type "features" instead of just "being the best" because they often are not, resort to BS actions to "get the sale" even if they really do not give 2 shits if the product lasts the full warranty period or not, because they go billions to throw around (if you can prove they were at fault, which they are very crafty at finding ways out of any wrong doing...billions of $ will often allow that)

-------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
anyways...I am more comfortable/confident of Radeon as well as AMD then I am of Intel and especially Nvidia..Intel was the "first" king for consumer CPU (generally speaking) so they kind of "have to be around" Nvidia is a cancer IMO they make the disease and want to sell the cure (dramatic yes, but to me their actions over a very long time speak for whom they appear to me in all honesty they do)

Who cares? Unethical? Suddenly everyone cares about ethics?

The car you drive, the food you eat, the stores you shop at, even your underwear are all made by companies that preform unethical behavior, yet nobody seems to care, as long as its buy one get one free.

Last edited:
I’ll just have to take a chance on that future NV product that’s theoretically less innovative than get an AMD product that is already there today.

Feeling like I did the right thing isn’t going to be very satisfying when I’m moving from 4K gaming back to 1080p.

The car you drive, the food you eat, the stores you shop at, even your underwear are all made by companies that preform unethical behavior, yet nobody seems to care, as long as its buy one get one free.

true.

however if nvidia keeps it up theyll be the ONLY one to provide GPUs. there are multiple car manufacturers, lots of food, stores, underwear makers.
there are only two serious GPU companies.... for now.

then you absolutely wont have a "buy one get one free"

more like $1500 GTX 1060.

As much as I like AMD, I am sorry but the reason this is even happening is because well AMD has no cards to go against Nvidia's. When it comes to performance and power Nvidia is top notch. Even today I will not recommend a AMD video card to any of my friends. But to be fair I do not recommend any video cards right now because the price gouging.

I honestly think this GPP Program is fucked up and it hurts AMD, and lawsuits will happen...it is wrong in every way, and I back Kyle 100% on his statement he made. But how can you not say Nvidia is the better video card right now you know?

AMD has stepped up its game in the CPU department, damn good CPU's. They just need to get there act together and make a good competitive card to go against Nvidia.

Not going to boycott any company over this.

It's just whiney fanboi hype.. AMD is selling their cards as fast as they can make them, regardless of this GPP. Hell, we should be happy at least one company is still aiming their cards at gamers.. and AMD being weak in the GPU market for games, well that's no ones fault but their own. Not that I want one company to have a monopoly. For now I don't see that happening, things are going AMD's way with mining craze keeping all their GPU stock sold, the deal with Intel in the integrated graphics, and Ryzen not having the Spectre/Meltdown performance hits likely to give them a cpu market boost for a year or so. Will it all be enough to save them? I think it will for the foreseeable future.

Asus has made good products, no reason to switch (unless they don't release new bios/microcode for my 3 mobo's..).

Besides, I think it will mostly blow over, and not be as big of an impact in the market anyway. Nvidia wants the ensure their brand isn't diluted or confused with AMD's stuff. Fine. Asus, MSI, and the others will just spin up new brand names for the AMD gpu's. It's not that big of a deal imho to do that. We have 2 GPU manufacturers to pick from. TWO. How hard will it be for any of us to find the one with the GPU we want? Not hard. But it's a new company name?!?! omg who cares. We will all know that Asrock is owned by Asus, or whoever is owned by whoever, and buy accordingly.

Nvidia its just wanting to be looked as a "premium" and exclusive brand.. they dont want to be compared to AMD, they know pretty well that they can't keep the huge performance boost from one gen to another, there will be a limit sometime and they will just want to be as much distanced as possible from AMD as GPU brand, they want to be truly differentiated from AMD inferior products, "I don't want a superior GTX 1080ti ASUS Strix branded the same as an RX 580 ASUS strix" they want their products to be seen as premium in every sense, the same way you don't want to see a bugatti chiron being sold aside a fiat punto, not too hard to see that point.

And honestly I think it took really long time to nvidia to do this kind of approach, they want premium treatment to their GPUS, thats all, they have stated lot of times that they don't care about AMD, they compete only against themselves, they won't stop innovating due that as they have to keep people buying their stuff to keep investors and shareholders happy, and to do that they have to keep a reason each gen to buy new cards..

Well we care when the unethical actions have a negative effect on our bank accounts. If nvidia cut the pay of sweatshop employees and comes out with a next gen flagship card $200 less than the previous gen flagship card, people wouldn’t complain about ethics.

There is no way this stupid boycott from retarded AMD fanboys could possibly work.

This is what would happen: Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI would say, "Oh, look! Nobody is buying our AMD video cards! We better stop making them and instead make more NVIDIA video cards!"

That is assuming that mining dies down and miners didn't gobble every video cards they can find.

I wish I could buy a gpu and get a gpu free!

AMD should of gone out of business many years ago. They have had so many life lines thrown to them it's stupid. Yet they keep fucking it up and fail after fail!!

There is no way this stupid boycott from retarded AMD fanboys could possibly work.

This is what would happen: Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI would say, "Oh, look! Nobody is buying our AMD video cards! We better stop making them and instead make more NVIDIA video cards!"

That is assuming that mining dies down and miners didn't gobble every video cards they can find.

I agree that the boycott wouldn’t work but I’m not sure how you’re correlating an nvidia boycott to reduced AMD sales?

Buying an AMD GPU over the past 3-4 years is worse than getting robbed.

As for gaming/ROG/Aorus branding, seriously who gives a flying fuck?

Back