Guncraft Open Beta

HardOCP News

[H] News
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Exato Game Studios just announced the open beta and availability of Guncraft. Hit the link to sign up for the beta.

The key innovation of this game is the combination of user-generated levels within a modern warfare environment. "With the availability of this open beta we welcome the feedback and participation of a much wider audience", noted John Getty, Executive Producer. "For fans of both Minecraft and modern warfare games we offer a unique experience not found anywhere else."

I am all for supporting indi developers...but seriously the whole 8 bit graphics thing while amusing for minecraft is pure laziness here. Most decent FPS for a long time have large communities around them producing fan maps and content. Sorry but I see this as a means to just leech off the success of minecraft without putting any real development effort in.

Soo....no real gameplay in the video?

Honestly this game looks (and I mean "looks" as in, visually) like utter shit. Trying to cash in on the Minecraft hype, I guess, which is funny since it seems like most people who play Minecraft use an HD texture pack anyway.

So they made a minecraft knock-off (with worse graphics) and added guns instead of bows and arrows? Aren't there already minecraft mods with guns?

I tried looking on their web site for more information, nothing there.Am I missing something? :(

looks like fun to me (long as it plays okay).

Can you build and craft in it? Or is it simply just a FPS with blocky graphics?

Bbe better to just make a mod for minecraft that does the same thing.

so now we're supposed to be excited when a FPS looks worse than it did 15 years ago? minecraft looks like it does because the entire world is moveable and trackable in real time. they picked a theme that was doable and went with it. not the case with this.

Look really lame.

Guns aside, bows have been in Minecraft since early alpha.

I am all for supporting indi developers...but seriously the whole 8 bit graphics thing while amusing for minecraft is pure laziness here. Most decent FPS for a long time have large communities around them producing fan maps and content. Sorry but I see this as a means to just leech off the success of minecraft without putting any real development effort in.

God forbid someone stands on the shoulders of giants.......

Was going to say something about video game violence, but, then I read the love in this thread and lol'd.

When I saw the trailer I immediately thought of Tropic Thunder...if they can input a soundboard from the movie it would be epic.

"The key innovation of this game..."

Is copying a few other ideas and putting them together badly.

It looks horrible.

What has happened in that we, as a culture and gaming community, have chosen to REGRESS to 8-bit? Is the job situation so bad that people haven't upgraded their computer since the first AOL discs were sent out?

What has happened in that we, as a culture and gaming community, have chosen to REGRESS to 8-bit? Is the job situation so bad that people haven't upgraded their computer since the first AOL discs were sent out?
Lowest common denominator, baby. Get those extra sales!

lol!
I applaud Minecraft for its gameplay. If you are going to copy what minecraft did, then you should step up the game with better visuals etc, and then add a new twist to the game. Like others have said, this just looks like someone trying to "cash in".

8 bit is the new 64 bit?

Back