Guitar Hero Meets VR Lightsabers

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Seeing this game, "Beat Saber," conjures up memories of many happy hours of playing Guitar Hero back in the day. Instead of having a fake guitar, you get fake lightsabers inside your VR world and slice and dice the notes to play the song of your people. My kids still refer to "Run to the Hills" as that "song from Guitar Hero" every time they hear it. I'm ashamed, but at least they still get to hear it.

Check out the video.

Beat Saber is a unique VR rhythm game, where your goal is to slash the beats (represented by small cubes) as they are coming at you. Every beat indicates which hand you need to use and also the direction you need to match. The game can be easily described as a mashup of Guitar Hero and Fruit Ninja in VR.

Have you tried Audioshield? Similar concept, and it's a ton of fun. One of my favorite VR titles to date.

with the drums seem more fun than shields, although they need to work more on the presentation, there is way too much information on the screen and that doesn't help you have a feel for the sticks, this could be really good, if they worked on it better.

Back