[GUIDE] Windows 7 HTPC Playback Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is ridiculous, why has the guide been put on a site where virtually noone can access it? What happened to sharing! :(

Does anyone have a copy of the guide for me to use?

w1retap just contacted me via another forum informing me that he was banned for posting an "apparently" inappropriate picture in GenMay.

He no longer wants his guide available here.

I'll be contacting a mod shortly so they can delete this thread.
Something's up here, it doesn't state "banned" next to his nic, maybe it was a temp ban, or just a genmay ban.

w1retap if you read this, try to ignore any tomfoolery that happened in genmay, don't take any of it personal. Us [H] forum members need [H]ard HTPC enthusiasts like yourself.

It always happens, the heavy hitters get into some sort of squabble and end up leaving, or getting thrown out, dumbing down the forums another notch... :mad:

That is ridiculous, why has the guide been put on a site where virtually noone can access it? What happened to sharing! :(

Does anyone have a copy of the guide for me to use?

I have it printed. maybe scan to pdf? I was waiting on the updated version for my fresh Win7 install.

thank you th3 godfather for the link.
any comments on why there are 2 sections of Collection Management?
bad cut and paste? :)

Last edited:
Need collection management! Everything else seems to be well provided for in other threads in this section

Wow. What an ass. I JUST used this guide LAST WEEK. Glad I didn't wait.

Helps you elitists. I don't even use HDbits, I just know how to access it.... ::whistle::

Wow. What an ass. I JUST used this guide LAST WEEK. Glad I didn't wait.

You used his guide and then call him an ass? wtf :mad:

I see a couple folks have called him names recently in this thread and it is totally uncalled for. You do not know what happened or why he removed the guide. He was recently banned but that was a temporary situation. He was allowed to return and his account was restored in full (if you'll notice, it does NOT say banned next to his user-name). Things happen, situations change and sometimes folks cool down and realize that it wasn't such a big deal; that perhaps they over-reacted. Maybe he would have considered coming back, who's to say? After all, he has been here for several years and posted a ton of useful information. But you can count on one thing for sure; if there was any chance of him returning with updated info, I'd say the chances are now slim to none and you can thank the members who have insulted him for slamming the door shut.

I have actually met w1retap a couple times. He recently helped me out with a computer build and he's a really nice guy. We're friends and although I haven't spoke with him as to what happened here, I am sure he has his reasons for taking down the info he posted.

You used his guide and then call him an ass? wtf :mad:

I see a couple folks have called him names recently in this thread and it is totally uncalled for. You do not know what happened or why he removed the guide. He was recently banned but that was a temporary situation. He was allowed to return and his account was restored in full (if you'll notice, it does NOT say banned next to his user-name). Things happen, situations change and sometimes folks cool down and realize that it wasn't such a big deal; that perhaps they over-reacted. Maybe he would have considered coming back, who's to say? After all, he has been here for several years and posted a ton of useful information. But you can count on one thing for sure; if there was any chance of him returning with updated info, I'd say the chances are now slim to none and you can thank the members who have insulted him for slamming the door shut.

I have actually met w1retap a couple times. He recently helped me out with a computer build and he's a really nice guy. We're friends and although I haven't spoke with him as to what happened here, I am sure he has his reasons for taking down the info he posted.

It's just real cool to punish members who haven't done anything.

He now has the attitude "[H] pissed me off, fuck their members. I'm talking my guide and going private."

Seriously, argue with that and I'll send my vote your way for the next presidential election.

I've talked to w1retap about other things, Volkswagens for example. From everything I've read and in our communications back and forth -- he's a real cool and above that EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE GUY who seems to have infinite time to not only work, keep a family but figure all of this shit out.

He's a good guy, but I wish he hadn't removed his guide and yeah that makes him an ass.

Closing this thread. If w!retap wants to repost the guide he can. And if he does, he can shoot me a PM to sticky it.

Also, stop the name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back