[GUIDE] Windows 7 HTPC Playback Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got it working no problem, but it doesn't seem to pull any meta data at all from anyplace, which obviously makes it ugly as hell lol.

Your media most likely isn't named correctly. I have never had any media that Media Browser couldn't pull metadata for.

Regardless, I use Meta Browser to pull even more data and images but you'll still need to have a correct naming scheme.

wierd, i restarted my box and now its working. never touched a thing. phew. I was like, wtf, why is everyone raving about this?? it looks like ass!

One thing that might want to be mentioned is that Media Browser has a current issue with actually being displayed in your extras library. It's a well known issue right now.

The way to solve this is to install version 2.0.1.1 and configuring it, then installing the latest version over it. 2.1.1.

One thing that might want to be mentioned is that Media Browser has a current issue with actually being displayed in your extras library. It's a well known issue right now.

The way to solve this is to install version 2.0.1.1 and configuring it, then installing the latest version over it. 2.1.1.

MediaBrowser gets installed right on the main menu, you don't need to go the Extra's. If it isn't showing up (which IS an issue right now for some), w1retap posted 2 fixes already in the guide. :p

I'm getting 0 sound from all my high def stuff except one movie
in control panel under sounds it shows 5.1 nvidia hdmi out
all I've installed is haali, coreavc and mediaportal
any ideas?

and I can't get any trailers to play from the the iTunes plug-in
just an error of "windows media player cannot find the specified file..."

The iTunes trailers plug-in is getting an update soon. Apple fucked their website so people can't stream their trailers from 3rd party apps anymore. There's a thread over on the MediaBrowser forums about it. Hang tight.

For your audio situation, MPC-HC works because you're using it's internal AC3filter. You need to set either windows sound or FFDshow audio config the same way that suits your audio setup for it to work properly. (i.e. pass-thru or software decoding)

The iTunes trailers plug-in is getting an update soon. Apple fucked their website so people can't stream their trailers from 3rd party apps anymore. There's a thread over on the MediaBrowser forums about it. Hang tight.

For your audio situation, MPC-HC works because you're using it's internal AC3filter. You need to set either windows sound or FFDshow audio config the same way that suits your audio setup for it to work properly. (i.e. pass-thru or software decoding)
oh ok

I haven't installed FFDshow yet, what build do you recommend?

how did you rip those house episodes to .mkv what was that from bluray?
tv_structure.png

Yeah, that's the one I am using.
Installed FFDShow and it's working now

couple of things now
1) in the configuration area for the codecs, True HD isn't listed on mine, any idea why?
2) you know anything about Onkyo receivers? mine never shows the Dolby or other logos during playback

1) I don't know why TrueHD isn't showing up on your install. It really isn't that important anyway, because if you re-encode, you'll want to change HD audio tracks to FLAC anyhow.

2) It depends how you're sending the audio. You'll only get the Dolby or DTS logos if you send pass-thru where the receiver is doing the decoding.

TrueHD doesn't show up discretely on mine either, it's limped in with another codec. Still plays back just fine though.

Hi ,

Just my 2 cts worth:

I use MB 2.1.1.1 with 7 MCE RC and seem to have stability issues:

If I try to read VOB or MKV files my 360 extender tend to crash, but it goes fine if I use the MCE video browser first, then stop and then go back through MB.

Cheers

Bob

I don't know anything about the Xbox 360 integration, sorry. I'm only covering the Windows 7 side of things in the guide. It sounds like a MediaBrowser bug you can report to them on their forums.

i've followed the guide and everything worked as it should, except i cannot play mkv files in mc7.

i don't know if this is even available yet, but if it is, can you explain?

thanks

MKV files will play fine if you installed Haalis Media Splitter without any other configuration.

MKV playback is enabled when you install Haali Media Splitter.

edit: jinx. Damn you're good criccio. :p

thanks guys. does that mean that in addition to "preferred method for ati/intel users" i have to also install haali media splitter?

following the instructions, i did not see that step, only in the "preferred method for lazy/newb users"

thanks

Hehe, I think you left it out of that part w1retap....

Yes, joshmxpx, add Haalis to your setup.

Oh snap, I did forget, lol. I put it in the other two but forgot the middle one. :p Fixed.

harharhar.. someone probably sent him over from the Divx team.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back