GTX295 $375+tax+free shipping @ DELL

don't mean to pour salt in the wound for some here but I recieved mine today. (ordered 3/23) It was shipped in what I would call a cardboard bag? everything was fine inside though. Anyone else have the same packaging?

I got mine the other day in the same type of packaging....what the hell is up with that? I'd never ship anything to another trader like that! The card works fine, but I had to straighten out the mounting bracket on both sides before I could install it.

Folds well :)

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=ZT-GTX295
coupon code: 20bunny for 20 bucks off.

plus

5% eWiz cashback for another $20 bucks off = $420
Got this from another thread on this forum by Ogilvy. Atleast I give props to those who's thread deals i steal : D.

Thanks I wish I would have seen this before I bought another BFG for 499 shipped. Oh well.

If I get the dell one, Ill probably sell it on ebay or these forums lol. I recieved an email recently stating delivery date was changed to 04/22.

...and I ordered a pair of 4890s, which may theoretically be faster but will apparently be louder (not happy about this) and use up 4 slots instead of 2. I would've preferred the 295 just to stay with Nvidia and for simplicity's sake. Damn.

I doubt the 4890s will be louder than a GTX295.

Even if they are, the 4890s have options for aftermarket cooling, which the 295 wouldn't.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I doubt the 4890s will be louder than a GTX295.

Even if they are, the 4890s have options for aftermarket cooling, which the 295 wouldn't.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Unfortunately after decent aftermarket cooling is purchased the pair of 4890 will end up $100-120ish more than a GTX 295.

Unfortunately after decent aftermarket cooling is purchased the pair of 4890 will end up $100-120ish more than a GTX 295.
Could be, but you'd end up with a cooler, quieter, faster setup.

I've never owned GTX295, but my experience with dual GPU cards (I owned and sold a 4870x2, and currently own three 9800GX2) is that they are very loud and very hot.

In any case, again, I would bet a beer that you won't be bothered by the 4890s noise. I'll be curious to hear how it turns out.

Just got another email about an order delay. Estimated delivery date changed to 4/29, but this one requires me to call and confirm if I want them to continue processing. Guess I'll call and see if there really is no chance they'll be getting cards in.

I learned my lesson about ordering video cards from dell back in 2000 with the 64MB Radeon DDR.

I went through the whole delay fiasco like quite a few of you. The lesson learned: if you think you got a good deal on a video card from dHell, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

That said, my 295 just arrived yesterday...

just kidding! (I didn't order one)
Good luck to you guys though.

Back