GTX295 $375+tax+free shipping @ DELL

As of today my status has changed to "shipped" with an estimated delivery of 4/10. My order date was 3/23. No tracking info yet, but this looks promising.

As of today my status has changed to "shipped" with an estimated delivery of 4/10. My order date was 3/23. No tracking info yet, but this looks promising.

woot! thanks for the update.. mine says shipped also. 4/9 delivery.

Damnit, mine is still "in production". 3/23 order date. I will get on the phone and start making lives difficult if it isn't shipped by Friday. It's ridiculous. They've had my money for 2 weeks now and still haven't shipped anything. Meanwhile, others, some of whom actually ordered /after/ me, already have cards in the mail.

Yep, mine shipped too. Estimated Delivery date of 4/10/2009. I have a tracking number and it shipped UPS from Hodgekins, IL. Those closer probably are getting their's earlier.

Stinks though I am headed out of town for Easter. However if the delivery man can get there early, it will be a good friday.

Damnit, still 'in production' here as well. 3/24 order date though.

Mine just shipped today it had an estimated ETA of 4/16/2009. Says it should be here on the 9th

I just got an email stating that my order has been delayed to 5/7/2009. Dammit. Maybe time to cancel my order.

I just got a delayed email, 4/22/09 revised estimated delivery date. 3/23 order date.

See the below post.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Dell.

[size=+2]Anyone whose card hasn't shown as shipped yet isn't getting one, ever. [/size]

Go ahead and call, ask about the status of your order. I just spent the last two hours getting passed from manager to manager and got no results. They claim that BFG is no longer supplying them with cards and that I got the delay notification email because they were "checking in to the status of the item" but it is now "deactivated" and they will not receive any more. I was very reasonable the whole time, did not raise my voice, asked calmly to be transferred and so on. I could not get to anyone that was willing or able to do anything to resolve the issue.

After this I can definitively say that I will never order anything from Dell again. This is the worst case of poor customer service I've ever come across.

Last edited:
after this I can definitively say that I will never order anything from Dell again. This is the worst case of poor customer service I've ever come across.

Thank you for keeping it "professional" when you called them. I too feel their service on this order was subpar and extremely questionable because of how long they've had so many people's money!!! It just isn't the proper way to do business.

I actually haven't had my card charged yet, I was assuming they were waiting until it had shipped.

True, my card was not charged until the item shipped. However, this is the first Dell deal I actually got in on and didn't lose out.

My condolences to those who don't get their order. I will happily play a little song of taps for you in my head when my card goes in my box.

Goddamit that sucks ass if true silent-circuit. So far it still says expected delivery of 4/16 on the website, calling Dell directly they still say a ship date of 4/9. They've been holding my money now for a while now too, ordered 3/25. I'll bug them today and see what they say.

Dell go to Hell!

I found my Dell payment on Paypal Refunded yesterday.

booooooooooo!

ordered 3/23, originally was told it would arrive 4/14, now it is set to 4/26.

don't really get how people who ordered after me are getting their cards. it's like a lottery or something.

Ordered mine on 3/24 and it still has a shipping date of 4/15. Order status is "In Production".

My card has not been charged yet....

I ordered 3/24 as well. No revised ship date and no delayed shipping/order emails from Dell. My order is still showing a delivery date of 4/15. Very frustrating waiting on this.

mine shipped yesterday and says out for delivery today...I order on 3/24/09

How the hell? God. I should just forget about this before I get even more furious. I was told that there were none left and that they shipped based on the time you ordered, so by all rights I should've got a card. What. The. Hell.

Definitely complete BS. I don't get how BFG is no longer supplying them with cards, this is not a discontinued item by any means. Dell is eating the loss on these cards thanks to the coupon so BFG should be more than happy to supply them.

I called today too. She told me it was an item that was no longer being manufactured. I do still have "in Production" w/ estimated delivery date of "04/15/09". Im gonna leave the order in and see if it ships. Probably gonna buy one somewhere else tho, and sell this one on ebay if it ships.

Anyone seen a good deal on them anywhere?

Looking around the web a bit, the GTX 295 seems to be in limited supply. Mwave has a limit of 1 per customer so that tells me that everyone is having supply problems.

Just got off the phone with Dell. They're saying the card isn't in stock and that the item has been deactivated on their website. The guy I talked to had no clue if they were going to get anymore in or not. I wait one more day and then I'll cancel if it doesn't ship (supposed to ship 4/9). Current estimated delivery date is still 4/16 (just checked online status too).

I just checked newegg.com to see what they've got. They've got:

12 x EVGA 017-P3-1294-AR GeForce GTX 295 ($589)
41 x BFG Tech BFGEGTX2951792H2OCWE GeForce GTX 295 ($760)

and that is it. Not a whole lot of 'em but it is a ultra high end card so not to surprising.

Last edited:
I ordered 3/24 as well. No revised ship date and no delayed shipping/order emails from Dell. My order is still showing a delivery date of 4/15. Very frustrating waiting on this.

I just checked my email and received the 'Dell Order Has Been Delayed' email. I won't even bother with customer service as I'm sure I'll hear the same stuff. I'll leave it and hope it ships. If its true the cards are in short supply they will be more expensive elsewhere. I'm hoping I can get it, eventually, for this great price.

Congrats to all those who received their cards!

Got my delay notice as well with 4/22 est arrival. I'll hold out since they haven't charged me.

don't mean to pour salt in the wound for some here but I recieved mine today. (ordered 3/23) It was shipped in what I would call a cardboard bag? everything was fine inside though. Anyone else have the same packaging?

They just updated my order, delivery date pushed back to 5/7, screw these guys. That was a good deal, if you know, they actually had a card to sell so I'm cancelling my order.

They just updated my order, delivery date pushed back to 5/7, screw these guys. That was a good deal, if you know, they actually had a card to sell so I'm cancelling my order.
Some of us did get our order.. though seemingly at random.

by the time you guys get your cards, the 295 will be EOL and outdated technology. Fuck dell.
GeForce 300 Series launches in 4Q, meaning this card will be the top dog until at least then. If the first cards from that series beat the GTX 295, it wont be by much, and it'll be for at least $500. If we follow the same pattern as this series (GeForce 200 Series) we wont see a card like this at that price for two years.

This is how I sleep at night. :(

Some of us did get our order.. though seemingly at random.
Good on you then. For many though Dell obviously did not have a card yet made the sale anyways. Now GTX295's are obviously uncommon but not impossible to get, so they're just dragging it out for some reason. If its because they lose money then they never should've made the deal in the first place.

Well the deal was legit as I received my card yesterday. The packaging was atrocious however, and the box looks like a few monkeys got a hold of it. I really have had nothing shipped from Dell shippedso poorly.

Card is fine however, so it all worked out. It has a very pretty (in the eye of the behoder) fan shroud.

Well the deal was legit as I received my card yesterday. The packaging was atrocious however, and the box looks like a few monkeys got a hold of it. I really have had nothing shipped from Dell shippedso poorly.

Card is fine however, so it all worked out. It has a very pretty (in the eye of the behoder) fan shroud.

When did you order?

I called today too. She told me it was an item that was no longer being manufactured. I do still have "in Production" w/ estimated delivery date of "04/15/09". Im gonna leave the order in and see if it ships. Probably gonna buy one somewhere else tho, and sell this one on ebay if it ships.

Anyone seen a good deal on them anywhere?

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=ZT-GTX295
coupon code: 20bunny for 20 bucks off.

plus

5% eWiz cashback for another $20 bucks off = $420
Got this from another thread on this forum by Ogilvy. Atleast I give props to those who's thread deals i steal : D.

Back