• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GTX X80

For consumers, but technically there was a 300 series that was sold to OEMs as rebranded 200 series cards.

+1

Also, this was in the AnT article I posted a while ago...


Wrapping things up, the launch of GTX Titan Z appears to be the capstone for Kepler’s career over at NVIDIA. While we will likely see rebadges and reconfigurations over the coming generations, with NVIDIA now shipping a dual-GPU GK110 card
;)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8069/nvidia-releases-geforce-gtx-titan-z
 
When is a good time to get the most money out of my 290x in preparation for the 980?
 
what about stock reference coolers?
should we expect longer cards than 780ti?

my GTX580 SLI is the "longest" that my case could handle, hope that I don't need to buy a new case to SLI GTX980 reference cards.

X80 is wider than 780Ti, rather than being lengthier..

What you quoted is most likely a custom card cooler from Colorful.
 
I know a bit more than some of the guys out there..

Did you know that your image postings were blatant photoshops or did the other guys out there have to point that out?

btw what was the big geforce announcement at gamescon?

did we ever find out what was in the empty anti-static bags?
 
Something Is Coming From NV!!!

O2qDtw6.png
 
About the only rumor that I'm taking seriously is the one about Kyle buying everyone on the forum a new 980.

Ohh you guys haven't hear about that one? :D
 
I think SinOfLiberty posted a screenshot of that earlier. It was in no way, shape or form crudely doctored nor misrepresented.
 
About the only rumor that I'm taking seriously is the one about Kyle buying everyone on the forum a new 980.

Ohh you guys haven't hear about that one? :D

Wow, that's awesome news.. can't wait to get mine!

(if it's slower than the 780Ti, can I still bitch about it?)

:p
 
looks legit to me

Yeah, and HOLY SHIT guys...look at the post date...September which is the ninth month (perfect square of 3) and on the 3rd day of the perfect square for 3 month....THAT'S IT, HL3 CONFIRMED!

OMG11!!!!1!11!!11!!111!!!
 
At this point, if the cards do get pushed to next Spring, then I'm just going to go ahead and buy a 780. I'm over waiting! :mad:
 
At this point, if the cards do get pushed to next Spring, then I'm just going to go ahead and buy a 780. I'm over waiting! :mad:

Already bought a super cheap 780 that wasn't working, sent it to rma. Here's hoping the prices drop even more and I'll just get another 780. I use surround anyways and it may still just be faster at those resolutions
 
At this point, if the cards do get pushed to next Spring, then I'm just going to go ahead and buy a 780. I'm over waiting! :mad:

Not happening when 970/980 listings are already hitting public distributor sites.
 
YEESSSS!!!!

Nvidia, take my money please.

http://www.synnex.co.th/th/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=U1RSSVgtR1RYOTcwLURDMk9DLTQ=

One of the main Asian distributors of pc parts to resellers/vendors has the 970 and 980 both listed. That link is to an Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 OC model :). They're incoming very, very shortly :D.

EDIT: And here's the reference 980: http://www.synnex.co.th/Th/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=R1RYOTgwLTRHRDU=

The red text translated says "No data available" under specifications yet, which is normal for a brand new listing in the database.

A couple of confirmed model numbers so far:

Asus GTX980-4GD5
Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4
Gigabyte N980OC-4GD
 
Hopefully the STRIX variant of the 980 is also out there along with the 970, will probably pick on of those up.
 
Hoping ek and others have waterblocks available soon after launch.
 
Instead of hacking into iCloud and grabbing a bunch of nekkid photos of celebrities that nobody wants to see, 4chan should be hacking into nvidia databases somewhere to get Maxwell specs.

I mean where the hell are the priorities here?
 
On another note I wonder if Corsair is going to have a 980 version of the HG10 ready to go at launch. Considering how much they delayed such a simple bit of kit it would seem to make sense.
 
Back
Top