GTX Titan (final specs and bench)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Bench: http://www.hardware-infos.com/news/4223/nvidia-geforce-titan-erster-echter-3dmark-score.html (found by emertX @ XS).

And....

Andrew LB @ XS said:
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b1417/ASUS_GTX_Titan.html

GPU Name: GK110
Process Size: 28 nm
Transistors: 7,080 million
Die Size: 502 mm?

Render Config
Shading Units: 2688
TMUs: 224
ROPs: 48
SMX: 14

Pixel Rate: 51.2 GPixel/s

Texture Rate: 205.0 GTexel/s

Floating-point: 4,919.04 GFLOPS

Graphics Features
DirectX: 11.1
OpenGL: 4.3
OpenCL: 1.2
Shader Model: 5.0

Released: February 18, 2013
Bus Interface: PCIe 3.0 x16 ?
ASUS Part #: GTXTITAN-6GD5

Clock Speeds
GPU Clock: 915 MHz
Boost Clock: 1019.5 MHz
Memory Clock: 1502 MHz (6008 MHz effective)

Memory
Memory Size: 6144 MB
Memory Type: GDDR5
Memory Bus: 384 bit
Bandwidth: 288.4 GB/s

Reference Board
Slot Width: Dual-slot
TDP: 235 W
Outputs: 2x DVI
1x HDMI
1x DisplayPort

Looks official!

So for $900 you get almost the performance of a $1000 card???
WOW... They can shove it up their A$$!!!!!

So for $900 you get almost the performance of a $1000 card???
WOW... They can shove it up their A$$!!!!!

Yes, in a SINGLE GPU. It's actually pretty damn impressive... and 2-GPU SLI of these will scale WAY better than SLI of a dual-GPU card like the 690 does (4-way GPU). Plus there's 6GB of GDDR5.... this thing looks strong.

Yes, in a SINGLE GPU. It's actually pretty damn impressive... and 2-GPU SLI of these will scale WAY better than SLI of a dual-GPU card like the 690 does (4-way GPU). Plus there's 6GB of GDDR5.... this thing looks strong.

The only "impressive" thing here is Nvidia getting away with ridicules prices like that... PERIOD!

The only "impressive" thing here is Nvidia getting away with ridicules prices like that... PERIOD!

??? Since when have graphics card developers not sold 1k cards?
Digging up old pc mags there have always been expensive cards.

That performance on a single gpu at this time IS impressive.
What is better price to performance in that bracket?

Edit: it has 6gbs of ram FFS!

still only 14 out of 15 SMX? so 900 bucks for a gimped gpu? a gpu a that does nothing but give about the same performance per dollar that we have already had for nearly a 9 months with the gtx690.

and yes I know its better than fooling with a dual gpu card but this is just sad for those that would finally like to get a huge improvement over the now old gtx580 without paying out the ass.

still only 14 out of 15 SMX? so 900 bucks for a gimped gpu? a gpu a that does nothing but give about the same performance per dollar that we have already had for nearly a 9 months with the gtx690.

and yes I know its better than fooling with a dual gpu card but this is just sad for those that would finally like to get a huge improvement over the now old gtx580 without paying out the ass.

Is a 680 twice the speed of a 580? Is a 580 twice the speed of a 480?
I really don't see what people are surprised at.

If you want a upgrade from a 580 and are only prepared to pay in the "X80" price bracket then this card was never going to be for you.

Is a 680 twice the speed of a 580? Is a 580 twice the speed of a 480?
I really don't see what people are surprised at.

If you want a upgrade from a 580 and are only prepared to pay in the "X80" price bracket then this card was never going to be for you.
um what? the 680 was only a 30-35% increase over the 580 for the same price so overall it that was not impressive for a next gen card. so now nearly a year later we get a true flagship worthy card but it is just going to be a super expensive niche card. Kepler has been out for nearly a year now so we should have a more sensible high end option at this point. at least a compromise between the massive Titan and the now relatively ho hum 680.

These things will dominate in SLI.
beast cpu required too. I cant wait to see the clown that goes with 2, 3 or 4 of these at 1920x1080 especially with stock cpu. and yes it happens as just today I was in another forum where a guy had 4 gtx690 at 1080 with an older 990x cpu.

Duh. Dude, can't you see that is what I was getting at.

As opposed to...?

The Titan is not a 780
End of story.
yes I decoded your earlier message just fine. the whole point is to say that of course we should be surprised as we still have don't have a proper $500 replacement for the old 580 even though Kepler has been out for a year now.

yes I decoded your earlier message just fine. the whole point is to say that of course we should be surprised as we still have don't have a proper $500 replacement for the old 580 even though Kepler has been out for a year now.

I don't think you can just expect a jump like the 280 to 480. Technology doesn't work that way.

we still have don't have a proper $500 replacement for the old 580 even though Kepler has been out for a year now.

Titan won't be a $500 replacement for the 580 either...double the price for double the performance should be Nvidia's new tagline

I don't think you can just expect a jump like the 280 to 480. Technology doesn't work that way.

AGAIN 680 was a relativity small improvement over the 580 a YEAR ago and we still have nothing coming out anytime soon. that means it will likely be well over 18 months where all we had was freaking 30-35% improvement over the 580 at the already expensive $500 bracket. that is very sad.

AGAIN 680 was a relativity small improvement over the 580 a YEAR ago and we still have nothing coming out anytime soon. that means it will likely be well over 18 months where all we had was freaking 30-35% improvement over the 580. that is very sad.

Why all this crap about the 580? The 480 wasn't much far behind. If anything argue that.

an Australian retailer has listed the ASUS GeForce Titan and it shows that the cards 6GB of GDDR5 memory runs on a 512-bit interface rather than a 384-bit interface as previously rumored
Titan does not have a 512 bit bus. the retailer just ran the 690 specs but showed the correct 6gb of vram.

the 580 was just a refresh but the 680 was "next gen" card. and what is with the attitude?

Calm down buddy.
Just discussing. There is no need to bring debate off topic from at least something remotely related to this thread.
The gtx 280 was only about the same performance gap as the 8800gtx as the 580 - 680.
That was not a refresh.

I'm not saying I don't want more performance. I just don't get why you are surprised.

Nearly ALL cards release at a premium. However, it has been a long time since a company as released a card that is literally double the performance of the previous flagship card. I won't be buying at 900 no; but considering the 680's hover around 450 still, $900 for double the performance is not surprising. If these specs are correct and it performs similar to rumored performance, this card is truly an impressive leap forward. 580 wasn't double the 480 and the 680 wasn't even close to double the 580. If the Titan is literally double the performance of a 680 on a single gpu, that is an incredible leap, even considering the price.

Calm down buddy.
Just discussing. There is no need to bring debate off topic from at least something remotely related to this thread.
The gtx 280 was only about the same performance gap as the 8800gtx as the 580 - 680.
That was not a refresh.

I'm not saying I don't want more performance. I just don't get why you are surprised.
I thought I explained it though. we still having nothing on the horizon to update or refresh the $500 bracket. rumors make it look like fall of this year for even just a refresh. that is going to make it a very long time we have to deal with just the 35% upgrade we got with the 680 over the 580 nearly a year ago already. and the refresh this fall may not even be much of jump either.

I thought I explained it though. we still having nothing on the horizon to update or refresh the $500 bracket. rumors make it look like fall of this year for even just a refresh. that is going to make it a very long time we have to deal with just the 35% upgrade we got with the 680 over the 580 nearly a year ago already. and the refresh this fall may not even be much of jump either.

I "decoded" you the first time and I thought I explained myself.

If power is that much of an issue to the 580 user, buy another 580.

I "decoded" you the first time and I thought I explained myself.

If power is that much of an issue to the 580 user, buy another 580.
I am not asking you for an explanation on anything now. I am simply saying that I wish we had a better $500 option now or at least coming soon. and adding another 580 for sli is not an option that many people would even want to consider for obvious reasons.

580 SLI is not an option for most due to the power requirements...Titan is not either due to the price...sticking with your 580 or 670/680 seems like the best move until the 700 series is released

Always surprising how people don't take into account the manufacturing process:
480 and 580 were on 40nm
680 was on 28nm.

Big difference.

And yes, as a single GPU card, the Titan is not as overpriced as the 690 was at first

um what? the 680 was only a 30-35% increase over the 580 for the same price so overall it that was not impressive for a next gen card. so now nearly a year later we get a true flagship worthy card but it is just going to be a super expensive niche card. Kepler has been out for nearly a year now so we should have a more sensible high end option at this point. at least a compromise between the massive Titan and the now relatively ho hum 680.

Forget it mate. Some people aren't interested in listening to reason. They just want to glorify the tech. "Ooo-Ah, it's so awesome it's worth whatever they want to charge me for it". That, or they are just trying to peddle product. :shrug:

I want to see 4 of these on a 5ghz 3770k running six 1440p projectors running Crysis 3 at über ultra hacked .ini settings. Go [H]ard or go home.

So? The Radeon 7970 was $550 vs. 350ish of the 6970, but only provided ~40% more performance at launch. Where were you then? That one even had a node shrink and year+ to do it in. :rolleyes: Kepler does have a sensible high-end: It's called a GTX 680. I've seen them as cheaply as $380 new on amazon. Oh, and... "ho hum 680"? I don't even know how to address that one :p .

at 900 bucks this has to be the most expensive video card every released that is not even fully enabled chip.

and I guess they will release the Titan Ti in 6 months for 1200 bucks and it will have all 15SMX enabled.

at 900 bucks this has to be the most expensive video card every released that is not even fully enabled chip.

and I guess they will release the Titan Ti in 6 months for 1200 bucks and it will have all 15SMX enabled.

Huh? Who cares about minutiae like that when it's going to be bar-none the fastest single GPU period, as well as coming in around the performance of two GPU's even :eek: ? You're clearly not the kind of consumer this card is targeting.

So? The Radeon 7970 was $550 vs. 350ish of the 6970, but only provided ~40% more performance at launch. Where were you then? That one even had a node shrink and year+ to do it in. :rolleyes: Kepler does have a sensible high-end: It's called a GTX 680. I've seen them as cheaply as $380 new on amazon. Oh, and... "ho hum 680"? I don't even know how to address that one :p .
where was I? I was right here bitching about AMD actually giving less performance per dollar than what the 6000 series launched at. hardly anyone agreed with me as they kept comparing to the 580 not the 6000 series cards that were getting replaced. I bitched so much about the horrible AMD prices that the mods gave me a 3 day vacation for it.

and pay attention to the context. the 680 is "ho hum" NOW because it was only 35% faster than the 580 when it launched a year ago and its still the flagship card. that is pitiful that no refresh is in site.

Compared to my old overclocked GTX 570, single GTX 680 almost doubled everything. I was surprised how large the difference actually was.

I'm obviously not going to get this, it probably wouldn't fit inside my case either.

Compared to my old overclocked GTX 570, single GTX 680 almost doubled everything. I was surprised how large the difference actually was.

I'm obviously not going to get this, it probably wouldn't fit inside my case either.
that is a load of bullshit and every review out there will prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back