GTX Owners say Ouch!!

By that logic nobody should ever buy anything nice in the tech world because the next great thing is always right around the corner.

Better not buy whatever trumps the 8800GTX because better will be around in a year or so and so on.

How is his logic faulty? I didn't have the cash last year to upgrade to a new PC, nor did I have the desire. I'm currently on my P4 3.2 Ghz with a 9800 pro from back in 2003. I'm going to be upgrading this January. Why spend $500+ on the 8800gtx that's a year old when a new high-end will be coming out early next year? I'd rather spend the $650 in March than buy/sell GTX, hope I can catch a step-up program, or spend $1150 for graphics alone. It's only faulty logic if a new GPU/whatever came out within the past few months and you're going to wait for the next best thing.

By that logic nobody should ever buy anything nice in the tech world because the next great thing is always right around the corner.

Better not buy whatever trumps the 8800GTX because better will be around in a year or so and so on.

no i dont think you understand my logic correctly. a 8800 series has been out for nearly a year and usualy a new high end card gets released every year right? so its only feasable to wait a couple of months to purchase somthing better then a 8800 card. that way your assured that your shiny new 9800gtx wil definetly last you a year at least playing all the new games at nice high settings

1. The 8800GTX wont play games at nice settings next year?
2. What would you consider nice?

Right now there are already games won't play nice with a 8800 Ultra:

World in Conflict, Lost Planet - Extreme Condition, Crysis ... all Dx10 games actually.

I consider nice being res 1600x1200, frame rate 60+ fps, everything max except AAx4, AFx4

World in Conflict, Lost Planet - Extreme Condition, Crysis ... all Dx10 games actually.

I consider nice being res 1600x1200, frame rate 60+ fps, everything max except AAx4, AFx4

QFT!

on a side note does the 8800 do hardware video decoding like x264 to take the strain off the cpu?

A) Who gives a crap what The inq writes?

B) Who gives a crap what 3Dmark socre a card gets?

Comparing 3Dmark scores between the 8800's and 2900's shows why 3Dmarks is useless pile of junk...

I play them nice with Quad Core at 3.6 and GTX oced beyond stock Ultra, this is with vsync on on 1680x1050.

I play them nice with Quad Core at 3.6 and GTX oced beyond stock Ultra, this is with vsync on on 1680x1050.

yea but your usinga quad core and a 8800 overclocked like hell to play the games in nice.. i rather wait for a 9800 that can play it even nicer at STOCK speeds

QFT!

on a side note does the 8800 do hardware video decoding like x264 to take the strain off the cpu?

8800 doesn't but AFAIK the 8600 series does but it doest really matters since most of the 8800 owners have a CPU more than capable to decode h264 videos.

anandtech decided that a 6600 or faster was fine for decoding h .264, which is a pretty safe bet for anyone running a GTX.

The benchmarks show the 8800GT beats out the 8800GTX only one time, and that is in the "S.C.C.T." test. Also, they only tested DirectX9 performance.

Here's a translated version of the link: http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...00-gt-512mb.html&langpair=zh|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Good link. It does show that that the GT will beat the GTS. I wonder how they market that?

I remember a rumor of a new 112 shader GTS as well. That may beat the GTX, requiring a new top end card?

buying a gtx now is pointless though considering there will be a better card coming out before march next year at least.

im saving has much as i can to finaly ditch my aging agp system with a penthyn cpu copped with a x48 2gb ddr3 memory(will upgrade to 4 when price is cheap) and a 9800 series card hopefuly.

how long will pci express 2.0 last though? agp lasted a good 5+years. are we coming to the end of pci express cards or is this just the begining and expect graphics cards for the next 5 years to be compatible with a pci express mobo?

after this build im not gunna do a full upgrade for the next 3 years

a few things:

1. 4gb DDR2 > 2gb DDR3 (in fact im getting 8GB this christmas :))
2. i dont think that x48 system will work out.;)
3. for 5 more months i will use the best card out right now, the 8800 GTX, and maybe I'll get the best come march and sell my GTX. maybe not. if you want the best, buying a GTX/Ultra now makes perfect sense. and when the time comes, you can easily sell and buy whatever better/faster is out. IF you can afford it. I always lol when people make it sound like once you buy a card you're going to be buried with it. the concept of selling old and using cash to upgrade to something new escapes them. :)
4. youre obviously someone who barely upgrades, so you're a minority among people who post here.
5. that last line shows youre a nub, 3 yrs..lmao.

a few things:

3. for 5 more months i will use the best card out right now, the 8800 GTX, and maybe I'll get the best come march and sell my GTX. maybe not. if you want the best, buying a GTX/Ultra now makes perfect sense. and when the time comes, you can easily sell and buy whatever better/faster is out. IF you can afford it. I always lol when people make it sound like once you buy a card you're going to be buried with it. the concept of selling old and using cash to upgrade to something new escapes them. :)
4. youre obviously someone who barely upgrades, so you're a minority among people who post here.

1. yes at the moment but when ddr3 becomes mainstream i dont have to buy a new mobo unlike u
2. how did you work that out? thats just YOUR opinion based on what?
3. not everyone is rich like you that can buy a new card every 5months
4. barely? last couple of years i have not done much upgrading but since the windows 3.1 days i been upgrading every year like u till i took a reality check (i got other things to pay)around the 6 series cards.
5. your comment practicly makes you look imature. abuse like that doesnt make you mature.

I pull in over 11K right now, I can run all of my games in 1080p at 60fps, and I've had my GTX since launch. Why am I supposed to be upset again? We we supposed to assume that the 8800GTX/Ultra was going to be the fastest video card ever and that we'll never need to buy another one?
I'd say the only people who might be upset are SLI people that bought at launch. SLI always has a habit of getting beaten by the next revision of anything, hence why I'll never buy into it.

Ditto except 8xAF minimum with the possible exception of Unreal 3 engine games. BioShock looked awesome at 4xAF.

a few things:

I went from a 7900GT to X1900XTX 512, to 8800 GTS, to 8800GTX to 8800GTX SLI in ummm 6 months?

It's apparent ATI needs to get their act together to provide some competition for Nvidia. 450-500 for a card that is over half a year old is pretty absurd

I can tell a difference in 40fps and 120fps. I also have a 20 incher, in case anyone was curious.

Wow you can? Thats really great! So can everyone else. On your 20 inch monitor, which im betting is 60 Hertz, you won't and can't notice a difference because the highest you'll see is 60 frames per second when V-sync is enabled. Oh and I meant flaccid :p

I have yet to see a single 8800 GTX or Ultra owner complain. We all seem pretty darn happy that our cards have stayed top-notch and given us highest possible eye candy and resolutions for well-nigh a year now. And it looks likely that our cards will remain unsurpassed for a few more months at least.

Don't know where you've been but over the last year there was only Directx9 games out so the highest possible eye candy and resolutions you've seen is exactly what people like me has seen. Only now are there games that are taking advantage of the 8 series capabilities. Now's the time to upgrade for me and people who play smart with their money, not a year ago.

Take a multicore processor for example: Imagine you had a quad core back in 2001, do you think you'd notice a difference in games when compared to a Pentium 4 even if they're running the same frequency?

Wow there is so much BS in this post it makes me laugh. But I guess there is no difference from the 8 series superior AF or the fact that it runs HDR + AA while the 7 doesn't... but thats ok because I doubt you run any AA anyway.

I know its hard to believe but yes I can handle full AA and AF with all my games and yes my card was 1/3 the price of yours. I'm sorry you bought into the hype. Theres's a lot of things the 8 series can that the 7 series can't do. Does that justify the price? No, not for me anyways. Ok sure you can enable HDR but its just a preference, some people may prefer Bloom + AA over HDR. Oh and whats this "superior AF" you're talking about? Sounds like a marketing ploy for people like you to rave about.

Company of heros, World in conflict, Assasins creed, UT3, Stalker, Quake wars, Pain killer, COD4... its a big list...

So you bought an 8800 at full price to take advantage of games that were gonna come out a year later? Not the average consumer's way of thinking.

Also, half of those games you mentioned aren't even out yet and the earliest of the "big list" came out less than a month ago. This is exactly why I waited a year for the 8 series; they're upgrading them, they're much cheaper and the games are now taking advantage of its capabilities.

on a 22" monitor my dot pitch is pretty low, AA is really really nice.

Your 7900GS doesnt support the DX 10 features my 8800 does, and in all honesty, in WIC, they're really, really nice.

I'm sure those soft particle edges and dynamic water ripples are worth ogling over. I can just see you now watching those volumetric clouds all day. I'm sure you didn't have this opportunity when you first bought the card a year ago though, huh.

King|Pin used liquid nitrogen to cool a conroe and used a pair of 8800GTXs to set the 3dmark 06 world record at 22k, which he held for several weeks. Did he do it just for the e-penis?

Yes? Infact I'm sure thats exactly why he did it but nonetheless, even if his intentions were different, his games would look just as good as mine or yours which still sums up my point.

This is the paragraph that tells me you dont know what your talking about. the sub pixel of an LCD monitor cannot physically change color more then, on a good pannel, 70 times a second. The FPS read-out above that is theoretical. Your actual FPS cannot exceed your monitors "refresh" rate.

Thank you for proving my point. Let me explain further: because the typical LCD framerate is usually 60 frames per second, it would be a waste to get the best possible graphics card on the market for the best possible frames. Once you enable V-sync, the highest frame you can get is the highest framerate your monitor can handle, which like you said is 70Hertz on a good panel. But no ones stopping you from getting a 120 Hertz HDTV..

Few people run SLI for a 20" monitor, and even if they do, why does it bug you? World In conflict under max AA and max AF and max in game settings could probibly use that much graphics horsepower.

More power to them if they have that setup. I should have been more clear, I mean't people who have SLI 8800 GTX/Ultras with a 20" LCD. I'm sure WIC can use that much graphics horsepower but with that resolution, I doubt it. Not even Crysis needs that and thats quite possibly the most graphic intense game there is. Why can't people future proof themselves..in the future?

Don't know where you've been but over the last year there was only Directx9 games out so the highest possible eye candy and resolutions you've seen is exactly what people like me has seen. Only now are there games that are taking advantage of the 8 series capabilities. Now's the time to upgrade for me and people who play smart with their money, not a year ago.
My friend, you're talking out of your butt. I upgraded from 7800gtx SLi to a 8800gtx SLi and was able to increase detail levels and eye candy in Caesar IV, Rome Total War, and several others games where I was "chugging" with my old rig.

Indeed, I don't even need to look back to that upgrade experience. I have two computers in my office. One is mine and one I just built for my wife. I have 8800gtx SLi which I run at 1920x1200. My wife has an 8800gts which she runs at 1680x1050. All other things are essentially equal.

I play primarily two games, Company of Heroes (CoH) and Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO).

On my machine, I can crank up every detail setting and not get any performance hit (with one or two exceptions) in LotRO. On my wife's machine, even at a lower resolution, she can't enable all eye candy or we'll both notice a decrease in performance.

It's not all about resolution and the refresh rate of our monitors (which, by the say, for me is a widescreen CRT which I run at 95Hz).

Heck, just go look at the [H] reviews where they compare "Highest playable settings" between cards. There's demonstrable, empirical proof that there is a difference.

Now, you can tell yourself that you haven't been missing anything by sticking with older equipment. That's fine. More power to you. But it's too bad folks like you who either can't afford or choose not to purchase the highest-level equipment can't seem to help themselves and must crap all over those who do enjoy the (demonstrable) increased performance and make their decision to pay for it happily.

Wow you can? Thats really great! So can everyone else. On your 20 inch monitor, which im betting is 60 Hertz, you won't and can't notice a difference because the highest you'll see is 60 frames per second when V-sync is enabled. Oh and I meant flaccid :p

Who the hell plays with vsync on anyway?

There have been games taking advantage of the 8 series power since it was released. Dont even try and claim you saw the same eye candy of the 8 series your full of shit. The 8 series has pretty impressive IQ over the 7 series on top of that being able to crank AA and AF to the max in 99% of the games that where out when it was released means even a year ago playing a game with an 8800GTX compared to any of the current cards looked much better and still does.

Take a multicore processor for example: Imagine you had a quad core back in 2001, do you think you'd notice a difference in games when compared to a Pentium 4 even if they're running the same frequency?

This point makes no sense this is and has always been the way of the tech world. New tech arrives and the rest of the world plays catch up. Now just because way back when there was poor multicore support (Multicore support in games is still poor IMO) your missing the big picture, Multithreading in games is only one small advantage of a multicore processor.

Even back in 2001 if you had a quad core processor you could still rip a dvd, burn a cd and surf the web while playing a game and lose virtually 0 performance in any of those apps.

I know its hard to believe but yes I can handle full AA and AF with all my games and yes my card was 1/3 the price of yours. I'm sorry you bought into the hype. Theres's a lot of things the 8 series can that the 7 series can't do. Does that justify the price? No, not for me anyways. Ok sure you can enable HDR but its just a preference, some people may prefer Bloom + AA over HDR. Oh and whats this "superior AF" you're talking about? Sounds like a marketing ploy for people like you to rave about.

If by "all your games" you mean minesweeper i believe you. But you cant honestly come to a site like this that is full of people that know thier shit and tell anyone that your 7900GS :rolleyes: can handle full AA and AF with ANY modern games above 800X600.

Just because those added features dont justify the price to you who the fuck are you to criticize someone that thinks the price is justified? You forget this is [H] and to the average joe spending $150 on a video card seems stupid.

So you bought an 8800 at full price to take advantage of games that were gonna come out a year later? Not the average consumer's way of thinking.

The average consumer would never in their wildest dreams consider buying any sort of video card... We are not average consumers and its annoying to see people here actually think they are or they represent the average consumer. We are enthusiasts and gamers to 99% of [H] its a hobby the average comsumer will buy a computer in a box from a retail store and never even open the case to them a computer is a tool nothing more.

Because someones hobby is worth more to them than you dont mean somethings wrong with them or you.

Also, half of those games you mentioned aren't even out yet and the earliest of the "big list" came out less than a month ago. This is exactly why I waited a year for the 8 series; they're upgrading them, they're much cheaper and the games are now taking advantage of its capabilities.

Most of those games are out and the most of the ones that are not have demos out.

Good for you, waiting a year is your prerogative. But you are either blind or a fool to think that games have not been pushing the 8 series. Just because DX10 games are finally showing up on the shelves dont mean the 8800's have not been pushed. Theres a difference between taking advantage of a cards capabilities and using a feature of the card.

I'm sure those soft particle edges and dynamic water ripples are worth ogling over. I can just see you now watching those volumetric clouds all day. I'm sure you didn't have this opportunity when you first bought the card a year ago though, huh.

There you go throwing out any form of intellectual argument and going straight for the covert personal attack. To me you sound like a jealous baby the whole point of buying better graphics cards for our computers is for it to look better. Why do you have a 7900GS if image quality isnt worth ogling over when there are much cheaper cards that dont have great image quality but will get you playing games...

Yes? Infact I'm sure thats exactly why he did it but nonetheless, even if his intentions were different, his games would look just as good as mine or yours which still sums up my point.

Again either your an idiot that has no clue what the fuck your talking about or just lived under a rock for the last year.

The power of the 8800's and IQ is far superior to anything that has been around the last year. You can claim you run max AA/AF all day long with you 7900GS but your either completely full of shit or game at 800x600.

Even at the exact same settings the superior IQ of the 8 series will make all games look better than the 7 series not to mention being able to crank up AA /AF much further

Thank you for proving my point. Let me explain further: because the typical LCD framerate is usually 60 frames per second, it would be a waste to get the best possible graphics card on the market for the best possible frames. Once you enable V-sync, the highest frame you can get is the highest framerate your monitor can handle, which like you said is 70Hertz on a good panel. But no ones stopping you from getting a 120 Hertz HDTV..

Again since you seem to keep pointing out "OMG you cant go higher than 60FPS with Vsync on" Who the fuck plays games with Vsync on?

Either way if someone is so inclined to enable Vsync their STILL better off with the 8800s because the 7 series cannot max in game settings and keep the game running at 60FPS constantly most current games.

More power to them if they have that setup. I should have been more clear, I mean't people who have SLI 8800 GTX/Ultras with a 20" LCD. I'm sure WIC can use that much graphics horsepower but with that resolution, I doubt it. Not even Crysis needs that and thats quite possibly the most graphic intense game there is. Why can't people future proof themselves..in the future?

Can you please give me the numbers for crysis at 1280x1024 since you seem to know?

After reading your whole post the only thing i can come up with is your an angry person that probably wants an 8800 but cant afford it so you have to spew your shit at the people that can. On top of that you are seriously misinformed and need to go do soe reading before you make such stupid claims that expose your ignorance for the whole world to see.

Oh BTW i dont have an 8800 i simply cant afford one but that dont make everyone that owns one stupid it just means either they can afford it or their priorities are different than mine.

My friend, you're talking out of your butt. I upgraded from 7800gtx SLi to a 8800gtx SLi and was able to increase detail levels and eye candy in Caesar IV, Rome Total War, and several others games where I was "chugging" with my old rig.

Indeed, I don't even need to look back to that upgrade experience. I have two computers in my office. One is mine and one I just built for my wife. I have 8800gtx SLi which I run at 1920x1200. My wife has an 8800gts which she runs at 1680x1050. All other things are essentially equal.

I play primarily two games, Company of Heroes (CoH) and Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO).

On my machine, I can crank up every detail setting and not get any performance hit (with one or two exceptions) in LotRO. On my wife's machine, even at a lower resolution, she can't enable all eye candy or we'll both notice a decrease in performance.

It's not all about resolution and the refresh rate of our monitors (which, by the say, for me is a widescreen CRT which I run at 95Hz).

Heck, just go look at the [H] reviews where they compare "Highest playable settings" between cards. There's demonstrable, empirical proof that there is a difference.

Now, you can tell yourself that you haven't been missing anything by sticking with older equipment. That's fine. More power to you. But it's too bad folks like you who either can't afford or choose not to purchase the highest-level equipment can't seem to help themselves and must crap all over those who do enjoy the (demonstrable) increased performance and make their decision to pay for it happily.

I thought you were talking out of your's till you said your resolution was 1920x1200. In this case I'm sure you couldn't handle most games on max till you upgraded. I tried my measly 7900GS on my 40" HDTV with the same resolution and I could barely handle Bioshock on low but I can assure you I wasn't lying when I said I can handle every older game (handle as in a decent frame rate) I put on it on max with a 1680x1050 native res.

At this point I know I'm missing some eye candy here and there like soft particle edges, dynamic water ripples, sharper shadows, etc but like I said, now's the time to upgrade for me, not last year when there wasn't any of said features available back then. If the 8800's came out right now at the same price as it was when released, I honestly would buy one being that its on par with current technology. The 8 series was a little ahead of it's time when released thats all and now I can get the best of both worlds now that the prices are cheap as well.

. . . At this point I know I'm missing some eye candy here and there like soft particle edges, dynamic water ripples, sharper shadows, etc but like I said, now's the time to upgrade for me, not last year when there wasn't any of said features available back then.
You keep reaching back to a year ago and claiming that all this "eye candy" wasn't available at that time. And, as above, you seem to want to make it about DX10 vs DX9.

I can assure you that, on the day I installed my 8800gtxes, I was able to crank up all the eye candy on my DX9 games much further than I had been able to do on my 7800gtxes. The 8800gtxes made a tremendous difference for me right out of the box, a week after they were released.

I think the motivation for a lot of these types of posts is that people don't want to feel like they are missing out on anything. So they convince themselves that they are not. But, unfortunately, thif often causes them to cross over into hostility towards those who did put their money down for the best, because the comments by those who are enjoying the best possible performance threaten to pierce the "there's no difference" bubble of alternate reality constructed by those who can't (or won't) get the best.

Now, there are of course some who really just don't care about or notice the difference between full eye candy and lower settings. So they don't see the point in buying "the best." Yet, somehow, I doubt those folks feel compelled to tell those who do notice the difference that they are making stupid purchasing decisions. I think they probably just say "to each their own" and go merrily about their way.

I thought you were talking out of your's till you said your resolution was 1920x1200. In this case I'm sure you couldn't handle most games on max till you upgraded. I tried my measly 7900GS on my 40" HDTV with the same resolution and I could barely handle Bioshock on low but I can assure you I wasn't lying when I said I can handle every game (handle as in a decent frame rate) I put on it on max with a 1680x1050 native res.

At this point I know I'm missing some eye candy here and there like soft particle edges, dynamic water ripples, sharper shadows, etc but like I said, now's the time to upgrade for me, not last year when there wasn't any of said features available back then. If the 8800's came out right now at the same price as it was when released, I honestly would buy one being that its on par with current technology. The 8 series was a little ahead of it's time when released thats all and now I can get the best of both worlds now that the prices are cheap as well.

prey and hope you can handle crysis with an 8 series card. world in confilict pushes the 8 series cards

[snip]
not last year when there wasn't any of said features available back then. If the 8800's came out right now at the same price as it was when released, I honestly would buy one being that its on par with current technology. The 8 series was a little ahead of it's time when released thats all and now I can get the best of both worlds now that the prices are cheap as well.

I dunno man.. I played a lot of FEAR right when the 8 series landed on us and in FEAR I certainly noticed better smoke/fog, shadows, and particle efffects on my solo 8800GTX than with my CrossFire x1900s, let alone my old 7900GT SLI setup... Hell, even Oblivion looked nicer imo. And for the first time I could really say that Nvidia had taken the IQ crown. Since the day I bought my 8800GTX I have been continually impressed with how it handled old and new games alike. I guess I can sort of agree with what your saying about it being a little ahead of it's time because not all of it's extended features were harnessed right away, but that's not to say that it didn't have a serious place in the world for gamers and enthusiasts alike.

prey and hope you can handle crysis with an 8 series card. world in confilict pushes the 8 series cards

Crysis - 1920x1200, Max settings 4/4 - 60fps+

get on the beta forums, learn how to adjust your config to take advantage of your video memory. Lets not get into the whole talk about beta optimization. I was pissed when I thought ETQW demo was running slow ass piss on my SLI Setup until I found out it was locked at 30fps, heh.

However, 8800 series is a year old... and in the video card industry... thats a big hit in performance for new titles. Thats like 3dfx voodoo vs the voodoo² - the performance difference in a year was absurd.

Jesus christ i dont even know who the f*ck to quote and respond to. You guys could probably single handedly take down [H] at the rate you type and upload all this crap.

Anyway, ManBearPig doesnt know what hes talking about, and ill leave it at that since the collective population seems to favor that.

Also, pfunkman, i didnt see anywhere in your CPU comparison that you mentioned architecture (i admittedly did not read everything on this page), because i do believe manbearpig said "at the same frequency" somewhere in there comparing a P4 to a Core2Quad, because a Penium M stomped the P4 clock for clock, and thats what, a 4 generation old mobile CPU? Just something else you could have slammed in his face.

I also have to admit, knowing what i know now, i wish i bought an 8800GTX when it was first released.

Who the hell plays with vsync on anyway?

Just about every person who owns an LCD and doesn't want tearing in their games?

There have been games taking advantage of the 8 series power since it was released. Dont even try and claim you saw the same eye candy of the 8 series your full of shit. The 8 series has pretty impressive IQ over the 7 series on top of that being able to crank AA and AF to the max in 99% of the games that where out when it was released means even ayear ago playing a game with an 8800GTX compared to any of the current cards looked much better and still does.

So you're saying its impossible to max out AA and AF with the 7 series cards a year ago? I thought you claimed you have no 8800, do you not have a 7 series card either?

This point makes no sense this is and has always been the way of the tech world. New tech arrives and the rest of the world plays catch up. Now just because way back when there was poor multicore support (Multicore support in games is still poor IMO) your missing the big picture, Multithreading in games is only one small advantage of a multicore processor.

If you took a moment and read what I said you'd notice that I was talking about..well just about that: the advantage of multi cores in games.

Even back in 2001 if you had a quad core processor you could still rip a dvd, burn a cd and surf the web while playing a game and lose virtually 0 performance in any of those apps.

Of course you can do that but multitasking isn't the only thing a processor is used for either buddy. Back then very few software and applications actually took advantage of multicore CPUs but anyways this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

If by "all your games" you mean minesweeper i believe you. But you cant honestly come to a site like this that is full of people that know thier shit and tell anyone that your 7900GS :rolleyes: can handle full AA and AF with ANY modern games above 800X600.

No I can't handle games that came out recently on fully maxed out settings on at my res but I will eventually when I upgrade. This is why I waited, so I can take full advantage of the current card I have now and by that time I can by a new card for cheap! Makes sense, I know it's hard to understand for you.

Just because those added features dont justify the price to you who the fuck are you to criticize someone that thinks the price is justified? You forget this is [H] and to the average joe spending $150 on a video card seems stupid.

So you're saying the whole [H] community is calling you stupid for not spending more than $150 dollars on a card? Does everyone here agree with this guy? I'll agree on one part though, you are pretty stupid.

Anyays I don't recall criticizing anyone actually, so who the hell are YOU putting words in my mouth and the whole [H] community. Look around kid, theres people on these current forums looking for $100 video cards.

The average consumer would never in their wildest dreams consider buying any sort of video card... We are not average consumers and its annoying to see people here actually think they are or they represent the average consumer. We are enthusiasts and gamers to 99% of [H] its a hobby the average comsumer will buy a computer in a box from a retail store and never even open the case to them a computer is a tool nothing more.

Because someones hobby is worth more to them than you dont mean somethings wrong with them or you.

I don't see what you're trying to prove, I never said anything is wrong with anyone so you can keep arguing but you're talking to a wall here.

Most of those games are out and the most of the ones that are not have demos out.

As I said, they're relatively new and demo's dont mean jack.

Good for you, waiting a year is your prerogative. But you are either blind or a fool to think that games have not been pushing the 8 series. Just because DX10 games are finally showing up on the shelves dont mean the 8800's have not been pushed. Theres a difference between taking advantage of a cards capabilities and using a feature of the card.

Good I hope they're being pushed so I can put them to good use. The new games that just released or are coming out are what's inspiring me to get a new card.

There you go throwing out any form of intellectual argument and going straight for the covert personal attack. To me you sound like a jealous baby the whole point of buying better graphics cards for our computers is for it to look better. Why do you have a 7900GS if image quality isnt worth ogling over when there are much cheaper cards that dont have great image quality but will get you playing games...

I think my point there pretty much stated the need for such a card. World In Conflict is a new game taking full advantage of the GPU's capabilities. I know I probably can't handle the game on high which is why I'm in need of an upgrade soon. If games like this released last year I'd upgrade to a new GPU as well. I never once stated image quality isn't worth ogling over, I said previous games didn't need such cards to handle it.

Again either your an idiot that has no clue what the fuck your talking about or just lived under a rock for the last year.

Ok, you may be safe behind that monitor and but please, when you call someone an idiot, at least spell the whole sentence correctly.

The power of the 8800's and IQ is far superior to anything that has been around the last year. You can claim you run max AA/AF all day long with you 7900GS but your either completely full of shit or game at 800x600.

Been there, done that. This was resolved many times throughout this and my previous posts.

Again since you seem to keep pointing out "OMG you cant go higher than 60FPS with Vsync on" Who the fuck plays games with Vsync on?

Either way if someone is so inclined to enable Vsync their STILL better off with the 8800s because the 7 series cannot max in game settings and keep the game running at 60FPS constantly most current games.

Can someone please inform this man what V-sync is for? Why am I even arguing with this guy..

Can you please give me the numbers for crysis at 1280x1024 since you seem to know?

Numbers..? Wha?

After reading your whole post the only thing i can come up with is your an angry person that probably wants an 8800 but cant afford it so you have to spew your shit at the people that can. On top of that you are seriously misinformed and need to go do soe reading before you make such stupid claims that expose your ignorance for the whole world to see.

Oh BTW i dont have an 8800 i simply cant afford one but that dont make everyone that owns one stupid it just means either they can afford it or their priorities are different than mine.

Damn after all that you still can't understand anything? Maybe you should read it over a few times. Take it slow, word for word. YOU CAN DO IT!

Jokes aside, If anyone's feelings were hurt in any of my posts, just tell me and I'll change it. I really don't see how my posts were full of negative comments like the sophomoric retard I'm responding to.

To clear this up, all I'm saying is now's the right time to buy a new card for me, not when the 8 series came out because technology didn't meet those standards. By doing this I saved some money and I'm still in the same position as everyone else who already has a card. End this!! PLEASE!

Just about every person who owns an LCD and doesn't want tearing in their games?

So you're saying its impossible to max out AA and AF with the 7 series cards a year ago? I thought you claimed you have no 8800, do you not have a 7 series card either?

If you took a moment and read what I said you'd notice that I was talking about..well just about that: the advantage of multi cores in games.

Of course you can do that but multitasking isn't the only thing a processor is used for either buddy. Back then very few software and applications actually took advantage of multicore CPUs but anyways this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

No I can't handle games that came out recently on fully maxed out settings on at my res but I will eventually when I upgrade. This is why I waited, so I can take full advantage of the current card I have now and by that time I can by a new card for cheap! Makes sense, I know it's hard to understand for you.

So you're saying the whole [H] community is stupid for not spending more than $150 dollars on a card? Does everyone here agree with this guy? I'll agree on one part though, you are pretty stupid.

Anyays I don't recall criticizing anyone actually, so who the hell are YOU putting words in my mouth and the whole [H] community. Look around kid, theres people on these current forums looking for $100 video cards.

I don't see what you're trying to prove, I never said anything is wrong with anyone so you can keep arguing but you're talking to a wall here.

Good I hope they're being pushed so I can put them to good use. The new games that just released or are coming out are what's inspiring me to get a new card.

I think my point there pretty much stated the need for such a card. World In Conflict is a new game taking full advantage of the GPU's capabilities. I know I probably can't handle the game on high which is why I'm in need of an upgrade soon. If games like this released last year I'd upgrade to a new GPU as well. I never once stated image quality isn't worth ogling over, I said previous games didn't need such cards to handle it.

Umm, I don't recall criticizing anyone actually, so who the hell are YOU putting words in my mouth and the whole [H] community. Look around kid, theres people on these current forums looking for $100 video cards that are cheap and are best bang for the buck.

Good, I hope they're being pushed so I can put them to good use. The new games that just released or are coming out are what's inspiring me to get a new card.

Ok, you may be safe behind that monitor and but please, when you call someone an idiot, at least spell the whole sentence correctly.

Been there, done that. This was resolved many times throughout this and my previous posts.

Can someone please inform this man what V-sync is for? Why am I even arguing with this guy..

Numbers..? Wha?

Damn after all that you still can't understand anything? Maybe you should read it over a few times. Take it slow, word for word. YOU CAN DO IT!

Jokes aside, If anyone's feelings were hurt in any of my posts, just tell me and I'll change it. I really don't see how my posts were full of negative comments like the sophomoric retard I'm responding to.

To clear this up, all I'm saying is now's the right time to buy a new card for me, not when the 8 series came out because technology didn't meet those standards. By doing this I saved some money and I'm still in the same position as everyone else who already has a card. End this!! PLEASE!

damm you need to get a life

wel do some fucking work instead of writing essay's. it seems you do fuck all at work

I don't know what you said but these cookies are mighty tasty!

About the vent server thing, I'd rather not listen to prepubescent kids fight all day, throwing obscenities at eachother.

Also this is the end of my posts in this thread, talk behind my back all you want!

My 7900GS is getting a little sloppy.. Now, I'm looking forward for an upgrade. It looks like new 8800GT/GTS will do the work just fine, and for the reasonable price.

Back