GTX 780ti coming mid-November.

thats exactly my point, 780 its in most case very similar to the TITAN, in other cases its better (specially on those high factory overclocked). and thats 2 SMX LESS THAN TITAN.. what could do with 13SMX and high clock?. or the even thinked fully 15SMX Unlocked with similar clocks to actual 780?.. my bet its now a highly clocked 13SMX 780 or a fully SMX enabled To replace TITAN maybe with lower compute performance

in what situation is a stock clocked 780 faster than a stock clocked titan?

I don't think I have seen ONE.

Fully SMX Unlocked GK110?... actually the 780 match in many cases and perform better than a Titan in many other cases, and thats without 2SMX. so what can you think with all the SMX enabled?.

And the fact that the 780 can match a Titan just shows how little performance gains can be expected from enabling all SMX units. You would need to lower the clock speeds also.

I would say the 780ti is going to be a card with higher clockspeeds than the default 780 and will probably come with 6GB of ram to make it more appealing now that 4K gaming is all the rage.

There is no massive performance increase going to magically appear. There probably won't be much difference in performance between the 780ti and the factory overclocked versions of the 780 out now, until you get to multi-monitor gaming where the extra ram should make a difference.

thats exactly my point, 780 its in most case very similar to the TITAN, in other cases its better (specially on those high factory overclocked). and thats 2 SMX LESS THAN TITAN.. what could do with 13SMX and high clock?. or the even thinked fully 15SMX Unlocked with similar clocks to actual 780?.. my bet its now a highly clocked 13SMX 780 or a fully SMX enabled To replace TITAN maybe with lower compute performance

By enabling more SMX cores you have to lower clock speed, more SMX cores, means more power needed. Also, Nvidia would need perfect chips to get all 15 SMX cores working.

I still think the 780Ti is going to basically be an overclocked 780 with 6GB of ram.

So an overclocked 780, which is already what people are using. An OC 290x is going to be faster than an OC 780.

So.. the Titan will be worthless or this fits in-between the 780 and Titan, which makes it a pointless exercise unless it's priced at $700 or less.

The Titan was already an exercise to see how many people would buy their overpriced products, of course it was successful so they're throwing another bone to the folks who haven't bought either of them yet. This should seal the deal especially since people actually believe the 780 is faster than the 290x.

By enabling more SMX cores you have to lower clock speed, more SMX cores, means more power needed. Also, Nvidia would need perfect chips to get all 15 SMX cores working.

I still think the 780Ti is going to basically be an overclocked 780 with 6GB of ram.

so what you suggested its nonsense, overclocked 780? isn't that what peopler are already using out of the box? who buy reference Nvidia GTX780? Most Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, all are Overclocked versions, in some cases are highly overclocked, also the GPU boost 2.0 send the clock to much higher rate than advertised speed, why nvidia will say that 780TI its the fastest HIGH-END enthusiast GPU, by just selling a overclocked 780 with 6GB of vRAM.. all the "TI" versions always mean a higher-end part than nonTI, (550TI, 560TI, 660TI, the announced 760TI) and the 780TI will just be a overclocked?. not sense to me..

So an overclocked 780, which is already what people are using. An OC 290x is going to be faster than an OC 780.

+1.

No ones knows what the specs of this card are. It's all pure speculation at this point.

Reviewers are already getting their samples though.

so what you suggested its nonsense, overclocked 780? isn't that what peopler are already using out of the box? who buy reference Nvidia GTX780? Most Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI, all are Overclocked versions, in some cases are highly overclocked, also the GPU boost 2.0 send the clock to much higher rate than advertised speed, why nvidia will say that 780TI its the fastest HIGH-END enthusiast GPU, by just selling a overclocked 780 with 6GB of vRAM.. all the "TI" versions always mean a higher-end part than nonTI, (550TI, 560TI, 660TI, the announced 760TI) and the 780TI will just be a overclocked?. not sense to me..

+1.

It's not nonsense. What do you think they can do? Nvidia have to stay within TDP and temps. A 6GB 780 with higher clock speeds would interest lots of gamers.

GPU boost 2.0 is on all GK110 based gaming cards, I am not sure what you are trying to say there. It's going to be on the 780Ti too.

A good OC on a 780 adds about 25%, putting it just over a non-OC 290X.

Like I said in another thread, those 290X benches were off performance mode aka boosted clocks. We don't know what the boosted clocks are yet, they could be beyond 1GHz, which would likely leave very little OC headroom.

So wonder if all the good GK110 chips that used to be put into Tesla are now going to be 780ti, or if all the bad GK180 chips that don't work as Teslas end up as 780ti?

that things happens.. see the 7970GHZ as 280X with much less the half price it cost when new..
much less than half? actully a 280x is not even half of what a 7970ghz launched at. 280x is 300 bucks and the 7970 ghz was 500 when it launched.

but yes the 780 ti could be just a Titan or fully unlocked gk110. I really doubt its fully unlocked though.

much less than half? actully a 280x is not even half of what a 7970ghz launched at. 280x is 300 bucks and the 7970 ghz was 500 when it launched.

but yes the 780 ti could be just a Titan or fully unlocked gk110. I really doubt its fully unlocked though.

well yes my bad.. xD sorry for that, was kinda hurry and didn't checked the right price, ty for correct..

So wonder if all the good GK110 chips that used to be put into Tesla are now going to be 780ti, or if all the bad GK180 chips that don't work as Teslas end up as 780ti?

i don't think so much in a GK180 going to be part of a 700Series.. im more in the part of a fully unlocked GK110 and let the GK180parts to 800Series..

Like I said in another thread, those 290X benches were off performance mode aka boosted clocks. We don't know what the boosted clocks are yet, they could be beyond 1GHz, which would likely leave very little OC headroom.

If the headroom is 1%, I'll be surprised.

You never know when AMD is playing you as i'm sure they knew what Nvidia had planned and was not going rest at how the 290x preformed and throw something at it...

As AMD could still have more yet within a driver as I have seen them do this before with the HD58XX cards.

amds offering are bad imo. the 280, 270s are slow, you can compare them to my gtx 770. and the 770 is considered to be a slow card. only the still to come 290s are something to talk about. but them again they will cost a lot.

The 770 is considered a slow card? Oh that's right, I remember ALL OF THOSE CARDS that are faster, like the 780, and the Titan, and... And.. Uhm... What are the others?

You can't consider the third fastest GPU available as 'slow'. If that's the case, what is the Titan considered? 'alright'?

You never know when AMD is playing you as i'm sure they knew what Nvidia had planned and was not going rest at how the 290x preformed and throw something at it...

As AMD could still have more yet within a driver as I have seen them do this before with the HD58XX cards.

the silicon its made, they cannot change what already has been done.. if they knew about this, the only thing they can wait now is to see what are the prices of the new announced cards and push with lower prices, but, how much can push AMD with lower prices with the already low profit margin.. i think what NVIDIA announced today was just sent a message to AMD "We are still here, be carefull" guess thats why no specs, no prices, nothing... AMD could be waiting, but how much will wait?. im really hoping that they are focusing in make pretty solid launch drivers..

m6Qyi1I.jpg

Interesting 'shop, but I don't get it ... and the photo is flipped horizontally ...

so the 780Ti will be faster then the vanilla 780 but slightly slower then a Titan?...isn't the 780 already within 10% of a Titan?

well they said it would be their best gpu yet. plus we know already that the 290x is faster than the 780. based on those numbers reviewers were allowed to publish it will obviously even match or beat Titan in some cases. it would make no sense to make a card that cant even beat the 290x. after all the whole point in coming out with the 780ti is to do just that as for as I can tell.

They said "their fastest enthusiast GPU", the TITAN clearly doesn't fall into that category as it is meant as a "affordable" GPGPU card that just happens to be also good at games.

Boring stuff for most of us who have already upgraded to the current generation of video cards.
I say Maxwell.

They said "their fastest enthusiast GPU", the TITAN clearly doesn't fall into that category as it is meant as a "affordable" GPGPU card that just happens to be also good at games.
things change and it would make no sense to have a 780 ti be between a 780 and Titan because there is no real gap there to fill. factory oced 780 cards are already as fast as Titan. and again we know the 290x is going to match or beat Titan in some cases. Nvidia is making this gpu to beat the 290x which means the current Titan is probably done.

things change and it would make no sense to have a 780 ti be between a 780 and Titan because there is no real gap there to fill. factory oced 780 cards are already as fast as Titan. and again we know the 290x is going to match or beat Titan in some cases. Nvidia is making this gpu to beat the 290x which means the current Titan is probably done.

Many people just do not wanna see that... I can just expect later a TITAN ultra(or whatever they want to call it) that let'em keep the uber price of 1000$. At least in gaming areas, for compute its still the king of cheap compute cards..

so the 780Ti will be faster then the vanilla 780 but slightly slower then a Titan?...isn't the 780 already within 10% of a Titan?

what NVidia needs to do with 780 Ti:

13~15 SMXes (vs 780's 12, Titan's 14) from history, Ti /non-Ti always a difference in SMX
>930MHz (vs 863 in 780) , relatively quiet/cool and still leaving headroom for oc
4gb~6gb Gddr5 (vs 3gb) , would be great in response to Amd top card and next consoles
set price in $ 599~699

780 Ti could be faster than Titan in gaming. NVidia can keep Titan's line for introduce / demonstrating next gen GPU (not meant to mass market), like gk110 Kepler did when yield output still low and cost too high... maybe we will see Titan 2 with Maxwell very soon... (again >$ 1000 )

Is this all academic for the [H] overclocker anyways? I mean, stock for stock, let's say they came in either 780-780Ti-Titan or 780-Titan-780Ti. But after some overclocking, it would most likely just come down to who won the silicon lottery for high clocks, right?

Is this all academic for the [H] overclocker anyways? I mean, stock for stock, let's say they came in either 780-780Ti-Titan or 780-Titan-780Ti. But after some overclocking, it would most likely just come down to who won the silicon lottery for high clocks, right?

totally right..

Hmmmm might be interested, Just depends on price or price cuts to the 780gtx

780-780Ti-Titan

I think so to as drop the 780GTX back to deal with the 290 as they have notting for it and I'm sure a 770Ti can't take it on .. release a 780GTX Ti with clock speed adjustments to fill the gap with 290x and just leave Titan as is.

Back