GTX 780ti coming mid-November.

NVidia beating AMD once again before they can even launch their new 290 line, lol

Expect price drops too.

I think the 780Ti should at least replace the 780s price, and the 780s should get a drop.

I am curious how fast this will be. If its not faster than the superclocked 780's

M9QJTUal.jpg

whats the point?(other than NVIDIA jacking up the base MSRP to $799-$999?

Fully SMX Unlocked GK110?... actually the 780 match in many cases and perform better than a Titan in many other cases, and thats without 2SMX. so what can you think with all the SMX enabled?.

Fully SMX Unlocked GK110?... actually the 780 match in many cases and perform better than a Titan in many other cases, and thats without 2SMX. so what can you think with all the SMX enabled?.

I think the clock rate might drop similar to Titan!

amds offering are bad imo. the 280, 270s are slow, you can compare them to my gtx 770. and the 770 is considered to be a slow card. only the still to come 290s are something to talk about. but them again they will cost a lot.

Considering that Titan has 14 SMX and 780 has 12 SMX, I predict the 780 Ti having 13 SMX with raised clocks.

amds offering are bad imo. the 280, 270s are slow, you can compare them to my gtx 770. and the 770 is considered to be a slow card. only the still to come 290s are something to talk about. but them again they will cost a lot.

AMD 280X its a great product for the price, much of the problems of the 7970GHZ are out now, now run cooler and quieter, and much lower price than a GTX 770.. so nobad offering even running at slower performance than GTX 770. its a much more capable 1440p-1600p than a GTX770..

Considering that Titan has 14 SMX and 780 has 12 SMX, I predict the 780 Ti having 13 SMX with raised clocks.

well.. thinking in What nvidia said, as the 780TI will be the fastest High-End enthusiast GPU, I think it will come to replace the TITAN, and/or come fully unlocked with less compute performance.. and let any possible space for a fully unlocked TITAN with fully compute performance.. what i really hope its a drop price between 780 and 770, and hope to see a nice price in the newly annouced 760TI.

I think I'll pass unless it's priced much lower than we suspect.

Not really sure how this can sit in-between a 780 and Titan. Performance between the two cards at stock is close enough as it is. And I can't really imagine this being FASTER than Titan either. I mean, I know that Titan was supposed to be on its own with no other cards in the "family," (at least from a marketability standpoint), but in my mind - Titan == top card. And Nvidia's pushing the GTX-780 out with performance slower than the Titan cements that.

I predict rebranded Titan with a pretty giant price cut making Titan owners super full of rage at how much they overpaid for a GFX card.

I predict rebranded Titan with a pretty giant price cut making Titan owners super full of rage at how much they overpaid for a GFX card.

that things happens.. see the 7970GHZ as 280X with much less the half price it cost when new..

Not really sure how this can sit in-between a 780 and Titan. Performance between the two cards at stock is close enough as it is. And I can't really imagine this being FASTER than Titan either. I mean, I know that Titan was supposed to be on its own with no other cards in the "family," (at least from a marketability standpoint), but in my mind - Titan == top card. And Nvidia's pushing the GTX-780 out with performance slower than the Titan cements that.

thats why i said a thought on a fully SMX unlocked.. they at stock are pretty close, the ofactory oc'd 780 beat the Titan, Titan have 14SMX, 780 12SMX so even a 13SMX will beat still beat a Titan. its not a bad case scenario. also Nvidia said 780TI will be their fastest GPU.. it should be much faster than 780 and TITAN. idk.. only guess without any specs.. thats sad.. the only name "780TI" are making people just suspect but nothing its confirmed, wich its sad if they planing to launch at november..

NVidia beating AMD once again before they can even launch their new 290 line, lol

Expect price drops too.

how do you know the 780TI will be able to best the 290x or even 290 with neither card out now?

Last edited:
this "new" product is just another re-bin of GK110 production

its logic no?. they not annouced new Serie nor new chip, just a new powerfull card that actually 780 and TITAN, if leaked benchmark show that 290X can outperform the TITAN by a small amount, (thing that actually the 780 DO). how could it perform vs a hipotetical SMX unlocked 780TI?.. its good to the market.. =D.

I see, so you are giving us your opinion. Glad that got cleared up.

You only have to look at recent history, my friend.

The fact nVidia will have answer so quickly next month, the same time AMD is probably going to have the 290-290x out (late by the way) just shows how out of touch AMD is... making people wait 6-8 months for their answer to nVidia's 700-Titan series.

You only have to look at recent history, my friend.

The fact nVidia will have answer so quickly next month, the same time AMD is probably going to have the 290-290x out (late by the way) just shows how out of touch AMD is... making people wait 6-8 months for their answer to nVidia's 700-Titan series.

Recent leaks show the 290X being an average of 23% faster than a 780

If that is true, the 780Ti would have to be EVEN faster than that, which technically would put it ahead of a Titan.

Recent leaks show the 290X being an average of 23% faster than a 780

If you believe the leaks... The initial price leaks are ridiculous thinking that the 290X will be in the $500-$599 range. Its going to be more. $699-$799 range.

The only interesting card AMD has is the 290X than everything else they are "releasing", more like "re-releasing".

If that is true, the 780Ti would have to be EVEN faster than that, which technically would put it ahead of a Titan.

The 780Ti could be a full fledged fully enabled SMX card. The Titan had two disabled. Or it could also have one extra SMX enabled over the 780 and some other tweaks to make it competitive. I'm sure nVidia has a good reason to release the 780 Ti. It will be good either way as the price of the 780 may come down.

Last edited:
amd can answer this with ghz edition and i really wonder if nvidia is planning to kill their one and only Titan. That actually can be funny 780ti being faster than Titan lol

During the press conference nVidia mentioned that "after running benchmarks we would clearly see that this is their best card yet". Its possible they could be hinting at it edging out the titan (obviously contradicting the article). Guess we will just have to wait and see. Cheers!

Edit: I am hoping that this is the case (as I am sure we all are), and thinking that perhaps they will possibly up the memory on the card (over the 780, but less than the titan). I would probably shell out $650 or so if it was a Titan with 780 clocks and memory in between the two of them. What I am more excited about, however, is G-Sync!

Last edited:
quadro k6000 is 2x6pin full gk110 respin called gk180 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-utyEm0QZMQ&t=4m48s

there is no reason to keep making a chip and its respin. they'll stop making gk110 and you can bet the 780 and titan will both be replaced by gk180. maybe 780 will silently be switched to the new chip and 780ti will replace titan. or maybe some other combination of things will happen.

in any case it's clear the nvidia product and price situation is changing because the 290x competes so well with titan at such a lower price.

amd can answer this with ghz edition and i really wonder if nvidia is planning to kill their one and only Titan. That actually can be funny 780ti being faster than Titan lol

isn't already 290 and 290X in the GHZ scale?. 1050MHZ i think for the 290X..??.and actually the 780 its faster than the TITAN specially those factory OCd that out of the box beat the Titan by a nice FPS amount.... a 13SMX 780 with High clock would reach some good performance..

quadro k6000 is 2x6pin full gk110 respin called gk180 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-utyEm0QZMQ&t=4m48s

there is no reason to keep making a chip and its respin. they'll stop making gk110 and you can bet the 780 and titan will both be replaced by gk180. maybe 780 will silently be switched to the new chip and 780ti will replace titan. or maybe some other combination of things will happen.

in any case it's clear the nvidia product and price situation is changing because the 290x competes so well with titan at such a lower price.

yeah.. there are still the rummor of the TITAN ultra (or whatever they call it..). i hope to see this war last long time.. =D at last the beneficiaries and winning of the battle are the consumers.

Expect price drops too.

Lol you complain that amd shows nothing yet you believe this card is all of that a bag of chips and some popcorn on the side.

was BatJoe this obnoxious when nvidia was "late" with the 480 and 680?

or rather, let me guess: "nvidia wouldn't settle for rushing out an inferior product to the market much like AMD does, so they took their time to carefully craft this masterpiece of silicon."

So.. the Titan will be worthless or this fits in-between the 780 and Titan, which makes it a pointless exercise unless it's priced at $700 or less.

15 SMX is what a full gk110 is (just like q6000), TITAN has 14 SMX, gtx 780 with only 12 SMX

15 SMX is what a full gk110 is (just like q6000), TITAN has 14 SMX, gtx 780 with only 12 SMX

thats exactly my point, 780 its in most case very similar to the TITAN, in other cases its better (specially on those high factory overclocked). and thats 2 SMX LESS THAN TITAN.. what could do with 13SMX and high clock?. or the even thinked fully 15SMX Unlocked with similar clocks to actual 780?.. my bet its now a highly clocked 13SMX 780 or a fully SMX enabled To replace TITAN maybe with lower compute performance

Back